913     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 3.9K     7 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.2K     4 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got this email from UT, anyone else have the same issue?

"Someone has tried to log into your account on Urban Toronto with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 177.131.18.166"

I did find a spam email in my inbox this morning, maybe they were trying to login to my account to use for spam. Should I do anything about it?

"Someone has tried to log into your account on Urban Toronto with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 177.131.18.166"

I did find a spam email in my inbox this morning, maybe they were trying to login to my account to use for spam. Should I do anything about it?

I got the spam message and the user has since been banned. I didn't get the other message.

It's a spambot IP. I would advise changing your UT password.

AoD

What I find interesting about the Flag Day signs (and wonder why it hasn't been raised here) is ex-councillor Chris Korwin-Kuczynski's involvement

https://nowtoronto.com/news/think-f...hose-ford-produced-flag-day-signs-being-hung/

In which light it's worth recollecting that there was talk last year of his bidding for his old Ward 14 fiefdom--even to the point of robopolls offering K-K as one of the options vs Gord Perks. (The results must have been singularly unfavourable, given that K-K decided in the end not to run)

Closing in on $1,000? Either it's a bunch of fake bids or they running a stalking horse to make it seem like it's valuable.

As much as I understand eBay, it appears that someone has set up an automated bid on Rob's beer mug. It also appears that this is the first thing that particular user has ever purchased on eBay. So, you be the judge.

The idea of Rob buying his own mug—and actually losing money on eBay's commission—cheers me no end.

Even it works in his favour this time, he'll just keep on doing it until he is caught . . . a motis operandi we should all be familiar with.

FWIW: The first item has sold, and that ernest eBay user did not bid on it even once.

As much as I understand eBay, it appears that someone has set up an automated bid on Rob's beer mug. It also appears that this is the first thing that particular user has ever purchased on eBay. So, you be the judge.

Combination sports AND Rob Ford memorabilia? $5 says it's Neil Flagg.

The idea of Rob buying his own mug—and actually losing money on eBay's commission—cheers me no end.

Even it works in his favour this time, he'll just keep on doing it until he is caught . . . a motis operandi we should all be familiar with.

FWIW: The first item has sold, and that ernest eBay user did not bid on it even once.
Yeah, I don't understand the ebay very well; I think I've maybe bought one thing using "Buy it now!" several years ago. But is what I'm seeing right? One person bid against themselves 25 times (in the course of 5 minutes!) jacking the price up $220 from $150 to $370, then someone else bid against themselves three more times over 3 minutes raising the price almost $500 more to $850? I'm guessing these are anxious people with their heart set on that "only one, not a reproduction" mug thinking their bid did not go through? But then someone else piled on an extra $10 and the bidding had been at a standstill for just over 3 days.

BTW, what did the map go for? Is there some way of looking that up? It looks like "torontorobford"'s sells are still at zero so I'm assuming the sale just hasn't gone through?

Yeah, I don't understand the ebay very well; I think I've maybe bought one thing using "Buy it now!" several years ago. But is what I'm seeing right? One person bid against themselves 25 times (in the course of 5 minutes!) jacking the price up $220 from $150 to $370, then someone else bid against themselves three more times over 3 minutes raising the price almost $500 more to $850? I'm guessing these are anxious people with their heart set on that "only one, not a reproduction" mug thinking their bid did not go through? But then someone else piled on an extra $10 and the bidding had been at a standstill for just over 3 days.

BTW, what did the map go for? Is there some way of looking that up? It looks like "torontorobford"'s sells are still at zero so I'm assuming the sale just hasn't gone through?

I thought so at first, but it only looks that way because the "automatic" bids are hidden by default.

So, in fact, the person who appears to be bidding against himself is really bidding against an algorithm set up by . . . ?

The map sold for $865 USD.

Anyone else get a Forum Research poll today asking Rob Ford vs John Tory questions? Wish they'd just give it up.

Ford/DMW outsourcing garbage collection to private sector was supposed to save millions, but garbage collection fees for 2015 are up 58%, costing homeowners.

View attachment 41833

Respect for the taxpayer indeed.

Is my sarcasm meter broken? If not, that's a violation of the law of misleading percentages. Please re-read your dog-eared copy of "How To Lie With Statistics". (This is a real, and very educational if slim, book.)

Is my sarcasm meter broken? If not, that's a violation of the law of misleading percentages. Please re-read your dog-eared copy of "How To Lie With Statistics". (This is a real, and very educational if slim, book.)

Riverdale, check the actual values of the net increases for bins. By my read of the chart, they are: $3.91 (small), $32.64 (medium), $91. (large) and $126.39. Can you imagine the outrage at council if someone tried to attach those increases to property tax bills?

I thought so at first, but it only looks that way because the "automatic" bids are hidden by default.

So, in fact, the person who appears to be bidding against himself is really bidding against an algorithm set up by . . . ?

The map sold for $865 USD.

It's been a long time since I have bid on any eBay auction, but the way it used to work at least is that you can submit your maximum bid but it shows as only the minimum you would have to pay to win. So if Person A bids $1000 but the minimum required to win the auction is only $100, the bid will show as $100. When Person B comes along and bids $150, it's not enough for Person B to win, but Person A's bid automatically jumps to $151 in order to beat it. Since both of the leading bids were still from Person A, I guess we don't see Person B's bid recorded so it looks like Person A bidding against herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back