927     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 4K     7 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.2K     4 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I listened to that show last night while doing some long overdue home cleaning tasks. Rob was on for about 90 mins and what I found most interesting was how at that start he had the sick gravel voice but by the end he was talking in his normal tone.
I had a 'dropped the mop' moment when I heard him claim that he was always honest with the media and answered their questions when Worm's insinuated that Tory ignored his request to appear on the show because he is afraid of the Worm's "tough journalism style'

Ya, it's clear to me Rob's been exaggerating things with that sick voice. It's part of his constant play for sympathy. My coworker just finished chemo and yet always sounds normal--she feels like crap but doesn't have that death's door sound that Rob always puts on.

Her sudden death. I vaguely recall she took the cyclists got what they deserve when getting run over by cars stance.

Yeah. She seemed to have it in for everyone though: pedestrians, Pride, immigrants, Liberals, teachers and councillors supposedly 'indoctrinating our kids', environmentalists, various councillors, etc.

Whether she was just a hate-filled person or truly disturbed for some reason, it can't have been healthy to rage at everything and everyone.

Yikes. As much as she was some kind of mental on twitter, the responses are kinda harsh. I mean even when Ford dies I would still be careful of karma and not celebrate too much...

Keyword - "too much" - and if you want a reminder of what happens doing things to excess, well, the subject would have been the perfect cautionary tale.

Yeah. She seemed to have it in for everyone though: pedestrians, Pride, immigrants, Liberals, teachers and councillors supposedly 'indoctrinating our kids', environmentalists, various councillors, etc.

Whether she was just a hate-filled person or truly disturbed for some reason, it can't have been healthy to rage at everything and everyone.

She has an utterly annoying tweeting style with useless spacing and characters. I tuned her our ages ago and filtered her into the troll bin.

AoD

Last edited:
Yikes. As much as she was some kind of mental on twitter, the responses are kinda harsh. I mean even when Ford dies I would still be careful of karma and not celebrate too much...

I think people are more relieved not to have to put up with her crap anymore. Those who didn't block/mute her tended to read her tweets either for entertainment value or attempted to engage her in a rational argument (which always failed).

As for karma and reaping what you sow, there's something to be said for thinking about how you want to be remembered, and she seems to have chosen to go out as a loopy old crank right to the end.

Why would anyone celebrate the death of another person? Karma shouldn't be what makes one reluctant to find joy in another's death; the simple fact that it is just plain and undeniably wrong should be sufficient.

Comparing Rob Ford with "an inanimate carbon rod". See this article on Toronto’s 2015 budget problems were easily avoidable

at this link

The most frustrating thing about watching Mayor John Tory wrestle with Toronto’s 2015 operating budget is the feeling that all of this could have been so easily avoided had the previous mayor and council made better budget decisions.

Toronto’s financial problems are no surprise. They’re mostly the result of politicians who insisted on starving the city of revenues needed to keep pace with inflation and growth.

Let’s rewrite history to illustrate. Pretend, if you can, that Rob Ford was not the guy Toronto elected mayor in 2010. Instead, let’s say Toronto elected an inanimate carbon rod.

People said that Rob would be dead in a few months, but I doubt that will happen now. He will probably be around for a while unless there is some bad diagnosis we don't know about. I want to be optimistic about the COI case, but it could all fizzle. Hopefully he commits perjury in the Lisi trial.

Last edited:
Rob was on with Worms last night and said in regards to Tory's Ottawa trip that he doesn't know what he's doing and that he's "running around like a dog off its leash". This is particularly ironic coming from the guy who didn't know squat about the job and spent his days peeing in a park with his drug-dealing pal. I guess if anyone knows about a dog off its leash it's the guy who peed in a park. The early morning conversation on NT1010 wasn't very positive to Rob and both points above came into the conversation. Tory is scheduled to be on with John Moore and I'm sure they'll try to elicit a response.

Also ironic because a few years back Ford tried to compliment "Those Oriental people work like dogs" but now it's an insult that Tory is working like a dog...I'm so confused trying to keep up with the Ford bullshit.

People said that Rob would be dead in a few months, but I doubt that will happen now. He will probably be around for a while unless there is some bad diagnosis we don't know about. I want to be optimistic about the COI case, but it could all fizzle. Hopefully he commits perjury in the Lisi trial.

Unless he's calibrating it all so that it comes "suddenly" a la Ms. Deceased Twitter Troll. Maybe not the same circumstances, but definitely a whiff of "I told you I was sick"...

I listened to that show last night while doing some long overdue home cleaning tasks. Rob was on for about 90 mins and what I found most interesting was how at that start he had the sick gravel voice but by the end he was talking in his normal tone.
I had a 'dropped the mop' moment when I heard him claim that he was always honest with the media and answered their questions when Worm's insinuated that Tory ignored his request to appear on the show because he is afraid of the Worm's "tough journalism style'

The present sick gravel voice started when he came back from well-hab, it's either his sober voice or his "Hey! Look! I'm trying to sound sick!" voice.

Worm's poison pen is infamous, why indulge him.

I know she lived near Yorkville. I'm near Jarvis and Bloor myself, and there's a woman I always see that I always thought was her. An older albino woman who dresses pseudo-hippie in all-white (or off-white), complete with Lennon-style sunglasses and a scowl on her face. I'm most likely wrong, however.…

Laura is a lawyer, not a judge. Lawyers do not wear sashes. Judges do. And Laura is an extremely ethical, wonderful lawyer who is entitled and well deserving of the presumption of innocence. She does not do crack. She does not smuggle drugs into court. She was treated in a horrendous fashion and I hope she sues the asses of all of the officers involved.

No, it was not Liscio.

It looks like the odds that Laura Liscio "sues the asses of all the officers involved" are getting shorter.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...hange-their-story-about-arrest-of-lawyer.html
>Peel police change their story about arrest of lawyer
>After denying Laura Liscio was arrested in court garb, Peel officers now concede it’s true

I think this is the third day in a row Ford's been on the cover of the Sun. Media are totally building up this Ford vs Tory thing.

Sun.jpg

Attachments

• Sun.jpg
    Sun.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 658
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back