920     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 3.9K     7 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.2K     4 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a young journalism student at Centennial College, I disliked the Sun for its lack of professionalism. In an ironic twist, one person I went to school with is a reporter for them now!

As a young journalism student at Centennial College, I disliked the Sun for its lack of professionalism. In an ironic twist, one person I went to school with is a reporter for them now!

The Sun has some pretty good people. Too bad the paper also gives a big soapbox to a handful of genuine idiots.

Extra! Extra! Read all about it!
Wrestling Smackdown '15!
Bored Ford versus Hoary Tory
With colour commentary from The Iron Sheik and George Chuvalo
See it all on CH pay TV or live at Nathan Phillips Square
Dontcha dare miss it!

... (Man's gotta eat! ...)

Last edited:
I know she lived near Yorkville. I'm near Jarvis and Bloor myself, and there's a woman I always see that I always thought was her. An older albino woman who dresses pseudo-hippie in all-white (or off-white), complete with Lennon-style sunglasses and a scowl on her face. I'm most likely wrong, however.…

Well, if you no longer see her, it might have been her. I'm not sure about the pseudo-hippie thing, unless there's a super-expensive designer couture way of dressing like that? She did have a thing about how Yorkville was being ruined by bike posts, tree maintenance, Open Streets, Kristyn Wong-Tam and a general tendency towards 'vulgarity' as opposed to luxury.

Then again, she saw herself as 'classy' in a way that included tweeting at Holt Renfrew to say 'Hey, got any special deals for me?'.

special guest referee: Hulk Hogan

And a cameo appearance by Justin Bieber.

34f22e68-626f-4c29-8371-a10a6828a6b0_Bieber_ford2.jpg

Are they? I didn't see anything in the papers. The Sun doesn't count ... surely calling them "media" is an insult to the media.

And in a way, the Sun would see it as a kind of insult to be lumped in with the media generally. They see themselves as plain-spoken iconoclastic truth-tellers to the common people, even though they are childish, vindictive and heavily invested in the status quo.

It's no coincidence Ezra Levant is trying to get something off the ground that is called 'The Rebel', since the Sun and SNN style themselves as rebelling against a system held in place by something they call 'the media party', which they proudly proclaim they are excluded from.

What a bunch of sensationalistic garbage. "Battle of the mayors"??? I only see one mayor on that page. Fuck you, Sun.

They've really got nothing. Ford continues to grow more and more irrelevant. Ideally, the media should stop asking him about things and Tory should just ignore him. The Sun is probably wishing they hadn't boosted Ford so hard before, so now they're trying to spin a few quotes into a feud that they supposedly have the most info on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back