924     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 4K     7 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.2K     4 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember her. She seemed to have a few screws loose.

Did anyone catch the Twitter smackdown between Graeme and Amanda Galbraith?

Rob was on with Worms last night and said in regards to Tory's Ottawa trip that he doesn't know what he's doing and that he's "running around like a dog off its leash". This is particularly ironic coming from the guy who didn't know squat about the job and spent his days peeing in a park with his drug-dealing pal. I guess if anyone knows about a dog off its leash it's the guy who peed in a park. The early morning conversation on NT1010 wasn't very positive to Rob and both points above came into the conversation. Tory is scheduled to be on with John Moore and I'm sure they'll try to elicit a response.

Agreed, Rob definitely needs a leash and tags.

Incidentally, does anyone finda certain aesthetic parallels btw/the Deco flag signs and this?

hi-ford-billboard-852-jpg.jpg

Same "throw it together in MS Publisher '97" style.

Y'know, I'd actually be okay with him staying there (sorry, Jamaica). He could live out his days in a kind of hoser Jimmy Buffett reverie, occasionally phoning in to Warmington's radio show ... as long as he still has one.

...Some people claim that there's a Tor-r-r-ry to blame,
But I know it's my own damn fault...

I would like to hear more like this

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 5m5 minutes ago
"I don't want to talk about Councillor Ford ... I have nothing to say" Cllr Gord Perks on Rob Ford

I would like to hear more like this

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 5m5 minutes ago
"I don't want to talk about Councillor Ford ... I have nothing to say" Cllr Gord Perks on Rob Ford

Well said, Mr. Perks! I would love if Tory also took a similar tone.

Well said, Mr. Perks! I would love if Tory also took a similar tone.
I would love it if the media in general took a similar tone, especially Don Peat. Maybe he's under orders from Sun headquarters to keep Ford in the news as often as he can. I'm sure other councillors will be going away for March Break, will they be getting vacation coverage much like Ford has? I highly doubt it. You'll never see a "@reporterdonpeat Councillor Chin Lee planning on going to Dominican Republic for vacation" tweet.

Some sad news for the Ford Nation Twitter troll community - it seems the cyclist-hating empress dowager @ejb__ has kicked the bucket:

https://twitter.com/pedalpapa/status/568018979031273472

Comrade Andy Papa
‏@pedalpapa 4 hours ago
Rest in peace @ejb__
In heaven, everyone rides a bicycle. #biketo #topoli

#CycleOn dear.
http://mountpleasantgroup.permavita.com/site/ElizabethBienkowski.html …

Yikes. As much as she was some kind of mental on twitter, the responses are kinda harsh. I mean even when Ford dies I would still be careful of karma and not celebrate too much...

Rob was on with Worms last night and said in regards to Tory's Ottawa trip that he doesn't know what he's doing and that he's "running around like a dog off its leash". This is particularly ironic coming from the guy who didn't know squat about the job and spent his days peeing in a park with his drug-dealing pal. I guess if anyone knows about a dog off its leash it's the guy who peed in a park. The early morning conversation on NT1010 wasn't very positive to Rob and both points above came into the conversation. Tory is scheduled to be on with John Moore and I'm sure they'll try to elicit a response.

I listened to that show last night while doing some long overdue home cleaning tasks. Rob was on for about 90 mins and what I found most interesting was how at that start he had the sick gravel voice but by the end he was talking in his normal tone.
I had a 'dropped the mop' moment when I heard him claim that he was always honest with the media and answered their questions when Worm's insinuated that Tory ignored his request to appear on the show because he is afraid of the Worm's "tough journalism style'

I would love it if the media in general took a similar tone, especially Don Peat. Maybe he's under orders from Sun headquarters to keep Ford in the news as often as he can. I'm sure other councillors will be going away for March Break, will they be getting vacation coverage much like Ford has? I highly doubt it. You'll never see a "@reporterdonpeat Councillor Chin Lee planning on going to Dominican Republic for vacation" tweet.

Yeah, I think Don is one of the few good reporters at the Sun, but all of the Ford stuff gets on my nerves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back