694     1 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 640     0 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 588     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's an annoying Facebook rant from one of Rob's and Sandro's buddies (he's one of the guys who covered for Lisi when he hit that woman with his car). And then his dumb friend weighs in and calls Tory an elitist pig (whereas Dougie is the common man).

What kind of victimization complex does a guy need to have to want his childhood bully to be Mayor of Toronto?

Just got back from a nice long walk around the Eglinton-Lawrence ward, saw the following number of signs:

School:

Belkadi 43
Others: 0

Council:

Josh Colle lost count somewhere over 130
Others: 0

Mayor:

Ford Nation: 1
Tory: 1
Chow: 1

So I'm guessing the mayoral teams haven't been to that ward yet. And that Colle is a shoo-in.

What kind of victimization complex does a guy need to have to want his childhood bully to be Mayor of Toronto?

Someone who's bigger priority is screwing over Robbie's enemies. Even though he's one of Rob's buddies, he's admitted before he's a bit of a buffoon. Yet he still thinks he should be mayor! On a side note, the guy somehow personally knows MetroMan.

Can you post a copy of that? In a NP article today Silverstein is reported to say that the grandparents were Jewish: "Mr. Silverstein said he was unaware if Ms. Ford is “active in the Jewish community,†but said both her maternal grandparents were Jewish."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/1...-backlash-over-his-use-of-jewish-stereotypes/

there is also this

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-12571-4148-80?cc=1823240

Eleanora Marco's passenger listing 1913, listed as Greek Catholic. Now, her husband's last name was also used as a Jewish surname (Arenowicz to Renwick), but by their tombstone it seems they were at least nominally Christian when they passed.

I think he'd look more comfortable wearing an Ebola isolation suit while carrying the flag.

AoD

that's true...for him, a Hazmat suit is definitely the way to go--if and when he decides to march---on his own time---and as a private citizen.

hazmat.jpg

Attachments

• hazmat.jpg
    hazmat.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 610

Seriously. I found out a few years ago my elementary school bully was found dead of an overdose under the box he lived in. I couldn't bring myself to feel sorry for him in any way, although I did stop short of replying "good" when I was told.

I think Doug and Rob have a "if they call you X, just call them X right away" automatic reflex defence "strategy".

Ex. with the crack scandal the immediately went around accusing everyone else of smoking weed etc, asking for council to be drug tested. Always trying to accuse others of the same thing.

So if someone points out something about they've said is racist, they immediately lash back calling everyone around them racist.

Yes, this technique is called "Projection." The current day Republican Party and their propagandists in the media - Rush Limbaugh, et al - are masters at this scummy little tactic. Slob and Thug have taken to it like ducks to water, but I daresay the Ford Bros have a crass, raw-boned immediacy with their own brand of bullshit that actually works to their advantage; their lack of polish probably makes them seem more 'genuine' to their imbecile fanbase. They're hicks, after all, never mind the fact that they're millionaires. Doesn't their lack of sophistication make them salt-of-the-earth, good-ole-boys types? :rolleyes:

It's worth pointing out that projection only works as long as the people supposedly opposing them sit on their hands and refuse to counter whatever lies are on display. Which, again, works to their advantage, and in ways beyond the obvious: The Fords' lies are just so outrageous that I can see apolitical types giving them the benefit of the doubt because surely we'd be hearing from the media and opposing politicians if they really were lying through their teeth every time they open their mouths, right? It's this, more than anything, that's really made me angry at Tory and Chow over the past few weeks.

It's also worth mentioning that Thug, in particular, is reckless as hell with his little mistruths. He really appears to be the type to spew out incredible whoppers for immediate, short-term gain, even if the lies are manifestly untrue and easily verifiable as such, and if they'll come back to bite him on his ample ass down the road. The whole "My wife is Jewish!" saga is as solid an example as any we've seen. But then, Thug's a bullshit artist, and he probably thinks he doesn't have to worry about being held accountable for anything, let alone something as quaint as telling lies. He certainly hasn't been wrong about that up 'till now. Sadly enough.

I don't see why it even matters, aside for being one more or less lie Doug has told. His wife could have a Jewish mother and he and his brother still be bigots.

The only reason it matters is the deception. There are still some reporters who need to learn to put quotes around any statement of "fact" by any of the Fords or their shills.

It was indeed a mixed area (still part of the Austro-Hungarian empire when Karla's aunt and uncle left for Canada) with a lot of variant spellings; the 'Arenowicz/Aronowicz' spelling suggests possibly Polish, which would be a surprise for Doug.

George & Eleanor were not her aunt and uncle - they were her maternal grandparents.

I'm not having much luck finding/deciphering the address of the church (Plymouth Ave? There's a Plymouth St in Ottawa ... Plymont?) and it may have moved and/or streets could have been renamed. However I did find this interesting:

http://www.christthesaviour.ca/our-church/

The church where Karla's maternal grandparents were wed moved in 1968 and its name was changed after that.

"… Holy Trinity Bukowinian Orthodox Cathedral, Ottawa’s first Orthodox church ... was founded at the beginning of World War I by Ukrainian immigrants from the Bukovyna region of the Austro-Hungarian Empire."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back