118     0 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 281     0 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 412     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sincerely hope that after forum's disgusting display of partisan and skewed voting, people stop hiring them. They're awful.

Why would FoFam stop? They are getting the optics they want...IE not that Doug Jr has shot himself in the foot, and is fucked. His tantrums about having to debate Ari ever again is(will be remembered as) the "FoFam for Meryls Camping" jumped the shark moment.

Mark my words, Doug Jr will not be your mayor. Now get after StRoFo...there's still time. My evil side hopes for Mutey to squeak (silently) in, just so we can still hear from the FoFam.

Éric Grenier ‏@308dotcom 55s56 seconds ago
Let's look at Forum poll in context. Recent Tory numbers: 40-41-38-43-39. Recent Ford numbers 34-31-33-37. Trend or wobble? I'd say wobble.

Don Peat's story takes the poll seriously. Sad...

Also, this poll was done between 4-8 PM and presented at 11 PM.

Last edited:
Ditto. I have genuinely been thinking about moving. I can't live amid such ignorance.

Me too. If a Ford is elected again, definitely. I think a lot of people feel the same way, that they just couldn't handle it. Now if only the Ford supporters felt as strongly.

What evidence does he base that on? What Doug says?

Don't know. Story doesn't say. But, probably. I thought that Silverstain's statement about not knowing what Karla's involvement in the Jewish community might be was hilarious given that she self-identifies as an evangelical Christian.

If have e-mailed the findagrave link to the NP reporter. I suggested he take a look at the posts on this thread yesterday.

Don't know. Story doesn't say. But, probably. I thought that Silverstain's statement about not knowing what Karla's involvement in the Jewish community might be was hilarious given that she self-identifies as an evangelical Christian.

He can distance himself by simply saying, "Doug said."

Last edited:
Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 53s53 seconds ago
Last thing on the poll: Tory led Ford big in every age group - 15, 15, 11, 28 - except for young people, where Ford led by 25.

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 1m1 minute ago
The young-people category had the smallest sample - 88 people - and young people are least likely to vote.

More reason to calm down.

He can distance himself by simply saying, "Doug said."

Yes. But he doesn't. He seems to be prepared to regularly give out, with a straight face, the same distortions and lies that we hear from Robbie and Doug (way beyond 'spin', which one expects from a flack).

I'm not having much luck finding/deciphering the address of the church (Plymouth Ave? There's a Plymouth St in Ottawa ... Plymont?) and it may have moved and/or streets could have been renamed. However I did find this interesting:

http://www.christthesaviour.ca/our-church/

The origins of our church lie in two local parishes. One is Holy Trinity Bukowinian Orthodox Cathedral, Ottawa’s first Orthodox church, which was founded at the beginning of World War I by Ukrainian immigrants from the Bukovyna region of the Austro-Hungarian Empire

Not just for whitey, anymore.

I understand both points of view on this. Yes, technically racism can apply to more than the traditional white power structure in North America and European countries. The Palestinians and Jews, for instance, or Muslims and Hindus. But the danger of widening the definition beyond the most common usage, at least in our society, is that it's strength is lost and becomes like Doug's "People can be racist against little red apples" definition--essentially meaningless.

Basically, the technical definition of the word is broad, but it's usefulness, at least in our current society, is narrow.

Can you post a copy of that? In a NP article today Silverstein is reported to say that the grandparents were Jewish: "Mr. Silverstein said he was unaware if Ms. Ford is “active in the Jewish community,†but said both her maternal grandparents were Jewish."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/1...-backlash-over-his-use-of-jewish-stereotypes/

I don't see why it even matters, aside for being one more or less lie Doug has told. His wife could have a Jewish mother and he and his brother still be bigots.

I understand both points of view on this. Yes, technically racism can apply to more than the traditional white power structure in North America and European countries. The Palestinians and Jews, for instance, or Muslims and Hindus. But the danger of widening the definition beyond the most common usage, at least in our society, is that it's strength is lost and becomes like Doug's "People can be racist against little red apples" definition--essentially meaningless.

Basically, the technical definition of the word is broad, but it's usefulness, at least in our current society, is narrow.

I disagree. Doug is confusing 'discrimination' with 'racism'. It is possible to discriminate against people who like little red apples, but who cares - what impact does that discrimination have and how widespread is it? Calling all discrimination racism is false and disingenuous.

Discrimination based on race is racism, no matter whom is discriminating against whom. Discrimination based upon sex is sexism, no matter whom is discriminating against whom. There are many other types of discrimination in the world (sadly). I'm not sure about sociological definitions, but this is certainly how the law (Canadian and international) views the matter. And personally, it makes sense.

And here it is

TORONTO - Doug Ford says he will march in the Toronto's Pride parade - something his brother has never done - if he's elected mayor.
http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/archives/sunnews/canada/2014/10/20141006-202931.html

So now, this needs to be brought out to the Iolas of Ford Nation, the people of the Scarborough FordFest who cheerfully stated (to reporters, no less) that they support Rob because he refuses to go to Pride, not in spite of it. Remember Rob at Sullie Gorman's: he said he couldn't support Hudak because he 'stood with the gays' over the rainbow flag issue. He said he wasn't against Wynne because she's gay, it actually doesn't bother him -- it's a bigger sin to not stand up for your conservative values.

Doug has sold out! He is a wolf in sheep's clothing, chasing buck nekkid men down Church Street for their votes! ;)

Now we need one of those (sixty or so) fringe candidates who have had zero impact/name recognition so far to take one for the team, Get thee on twitter and facebook and start preaching the betrayal of Ford Nation by the Judas Doug! Remind them that your name is on the ballot, and tell them if elected you will totally defund Pride and shut down Church street while you build a subway underneath it that goes all the way to cottage country! (in other words, pull some votes away from Dougie).

The remaining true believers part of FN will not abandon the Ford ship. Even if Doug -leads- a pride parade dressed only in a speedo, feather boa and a supersoaker in hand. FN zealots can just do what Doug does, double down. Further proof of the existence of a gaygenda, and the leftist downtown commie -forced- Doug against his will mind you, to march in a parade that under Rob's watch, was never mandatory.

Seriously, IMO the best option for dealing with Doug is to let him implode on his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back