367     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 533     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 457     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Doug and Rob have a "if they call you X, just call them X right away" automatic reflex defence "strategy".

Ex. with the crack scandal the immediately went around accusing everyone else of smoking weed etc, asking for council to be drug tested. Always trying to accuse others of the same thing.

So if someone points out something about they've said is racist, they immediately lash back calling everyone around them racist.

I find this type of response to be extremely common among narcissistic sociopaths. (sadly, I've had a few in my life). "I have a problem with your X". "No, you're the one who is X". It's often the first response to and serious criticism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

Seriously. I found out a few years ago my elementary school bully was found dead of an overdose under the box he lived in. I couldn't bring myself to feel sorry for him in any way, although I did stop short of replying "good" when I was told.

As a fledgling Buddhist I cannot harm someone or wish them dead but I can dance on the grave of my enemy. After all they are free of this existence. And I am free of them.

George & Eleanor were not her aunt and uncle - they were her maternal grandparents.

I don't know how much trust you want to put into arrival records of even marriage registrations going back to the late 19th or early 20th centuries...Hebrew immigrants were for the greatest part very circumspect about revealing themselves to the point of marrying under Christian rite and fully anglizing names. Sometimes the only way you would find out they were Hebrew was on death given the Jewish burial rites and the necessity of being buried under your Hebrew name..

Funny. I'm the opposite. Why wouldn't you vote in your best interest? Sometimes that's the best candidate; clearly, in this election, it's to prevent a re-Ford.

You're suggesting Tory is in my best interest??

No. David Soknacki was in my best interest - fantastic policy and realistic plans. But he couldn't make it to election day because of all the strategic voters out there who felt the need to compromise months before the actual election date. If all the people who'd said "I'd vote Soknacki if I thought he had a chance of winning...." had actually committed to voting for him, we'd probably have a very different home stretch than the one we're actually facing.

And all because of this fear of Ford. Re-Ford? Not a chance. Neither Ford was ever going to win this election. Stop believing these garbage polls.

I don't know how much trust you want to put into arrival records of even marriage registrations going back to the late 19th or early 20th centuries...Hebrew immigrants were for the greatest part very circumspect about revealing themselves to the point of marrying under Christian rite and fully anglizing names. Sometimes the only way you would find out they were Hebrew was on death given the Jewish burial rites and the necessity of being buried under your Hebrew name..

I understand that, but on the other hand these individuals came from a predominantly Orthodox Christian area and were married in a church founded by immigrants from that area. As well, they are buried together in Prospect Cemetary, not a Jewish cemetary, under the names George and Eleanor Renwick, along with one of their daughters, Gloria Joy Minshull (nee Renwick).

ETA: One cannot, of course, guarantee (even in the degraded Doug Ford sense) from what we have so far that the grandparents where not Jews who hid that fact from sometime before they came to Canada (since the passenger list for Eleanor's travel to Canada says Greek Orthodox). But dealing in probabilities it seems to be more probable, on balance, that they were what they appear, by the stuff we have seen so far, to have been.

Last edited:
But most people take no interest in their own heritage. They find it boring. Anyone of the Ford family mindset would probably find such things boring. So Karla's parents belonged to some kind of Pentacostal/Evangelist church. Her mother's parents were Eastern Europeans immigrants who declared themselves in all documentation found so far to be Eastern Orthodox Catholics and who anglicized their surname. It would take some digging to discover that they were somehow Jews who converted over 100 years ago. What are the chances that Doug has taken this kind of interest in his wife's heritage? He maybe would have known prior to their deaths her parents and maybe an ailing grandmother no one took much notice of. But suddenly when he thinks its a good response to reporters' questions he remembers this long buried aspect of his wife's background. Sure, it's possible. Maybe a cousin with an interest in genealogy recently discovered this and Karla has embraced it as a bit of colour in her identity. Anything is possible in this story. What were the possibilities of the soap opera twist that Rob would learn he has cancer just in time for Doug to replace him in the race? But it happened.

We have seen a lot of evidence provided. None of it supports Doug's claim - made to get himself out of an embarrassing political situation - that his wife is Jewish. All of the evidence has been contrary to Doug's claim.

Has any evidence been provided that Doug's wife is Jewish? Other than the fact that Doug says so?

Göring's syndrome
http://www.conservapedia.com/Göring's_syndrome

"occurs when a person believes, purely based on personal interests or preferences, to have the rights and usurps them to decide whether a certain criterion is met without any attempt for objective evaluation and/or in spite of contrary evidence."

“I decide who is a Jew and who is not” (In German: "Wer Jude ist, bestimme ich").

Last edited:
Regarding this latest excrescence from those carpetbagging pettifoggers at Forum Research, I for one eschew the notion that even a modicum of credibility ought be conferred on their statistical gyrations and numerical nonsense.

Or as Conrad Black might say *cough*Bullshit*cough*.

I saw my first Ford for Mayor sign this AM.
North side of St. Clair between Vic Park and O'Connor.

The only one I've seen. And I drove through Norm Kelly's ward.
Saw a shit-ton of Trustee Sam signs though. I cannot believe that people support that clown publicly.

I saw my first Ford for Mayor sign this AM.
North side of St. Clair between Vic Park and O'Connor.

The only one I've seen. And I drove through Norm Kelly's ward.
Saw a shit-ton of Trustee Sam signs though. I cannot believe that people support that clown publicly.

Well, it only takes an Iola.

AoD

Tory actually had a pretty good line during the Ledrew interview on CP24. In the middle of nonsense talk about Thanksgiving, and Tory's claim that he enjoys doing the cleaning up , Ledrew asked if he cleaned up after the turkey. Tory's response was "I'm looking forward to heading down to City Hall to clean up after the turkeys".

I'm not Tory's biggest fan, but I thought that was pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back