News   Jul 04, 2024
 595     0 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 578     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know what this is about?

@DavidSoknacki: Surprised & disappointed a volunteer used my campaign list. Was unauthorized. Got an apology from him & so sorry for the intrusion.#TOpoli]

Probably related to the spammy Steven Levitan (Ward 16) email which I received earlier this afternoon.

The email specifically thanks Soknacki for meeting with him.

Anyone know what this is about?

[QUOTE@DavidSoknacki: Surprised & disappointed a volunteer used my campaign list. Was unauthorized. Got an apology from him & so sorry for the intrusion.#TOpoli]

View attachment 35149[/QUOTE]

Several people who were on Soknacki's email list started receiving unsolicited emails today from one of the candidates in Ward 16 today... but unfortunately I can't remember which candidate...

Probably related to the spammy Steven Levitan (Ward 16) email which I received earlier this afternoon.

The email specifically thanks Soknacki for meeting with him.
Yeah, I had posted about that in the council races thread, wondering how my email had been put on that list

From tomorrow's Sun:

Doug: “I find it ironic. With the ethnic vote, I know my polling, we’re way ahead in the ethnic community. For him to call me a racist, this guy must be desperate.”
Asked what he meant by the ethnic community, Ford said he meant “new Canadians that are allowed to vote.”

Sorry to butt in UTers, but I’m really interested in this shooting. According to CP24 the dispute started with a tweet. Ron Taverner was just on fielding questions. This is Doug’s ward.
I do wonder why Taverner is trying to cover for Don Bosco?

A woman who saw the victims told CBC News that they were wearing Don Bosco Catholic Secondary School uniforms. Taverner later denied this.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...ng-2-shot-dead-in-northwest-toronto-1.2789063

Can't wait to see how Doug (and maybe Rob too) is going to try to "disaster capitalize" on this. What a golden opportunity to change the channel while looking very concerned and statesmanlike.

Ugh. Nothing's even happened yet and I need a shower to wash off the kneejerk cynicism.

I don't think there's been a peep out of Rob or Ward 2 councillor Doug on the shootings. Great leadership. :rolleyes:

I do wonder why Taverner is trying to cover for Don Bosco?

I wonder as well. There is some very strange things going on, let's just say I hope there is an investigation into TPS and OPP, though I'm not optimistic on that.

I don't think there's been a peep out of Rob or Ward 2 councillor Doug on the shootings. Great leadership. :rolleyes:

Thank god for small miracles, is there anything useful Rob or Doug can say on the matter? "This wouldn't happen if Rob was still coaching these ethnic, poor, gangster kids"?

Tory really needs to be more concise in his answers. Every time he talks he reminds me of the CEO of a charity/orchestra/production/whatever who blathers on while we wait for the actual show.

Yeah, enough with the mansplaining already.

From tomorrow's Sun:

Doug: “I find it ironic. With the ethnic vote, I know my polling, we’re way ahead in the ethnic community. For him to call me a racist, this guy must be desperate.”
Asked what he meant by the ethnic community, Ford said he meant “new Canadians that are allowed to vote.”

This man is epically stupid. Wasn't he supposed to be the smart one? As far as his political aspirations go, The Wizard of Oz said it best - and I paraphrase - And he's not only merely dead, he's really most sincerely dead.

Yeah, enough with the mansplaining already.

In case you don't know, mansplaining is when a guy feels the need to explain something to women without consideration for whether they already know (or care) about the answer. It's meant to be a mild put-down of the stereotypical male superiority complex. The man will typically go into unnecessary details, which helps explain why the term rose to prominence in coastal American cities in the early 2000s.

In case you don't know, mansplaining is when a guy feels the need to explain something to women without consideration for whether they already know (or care) about the answer. It's meant to be a mild put-down of the stereotypical male superiority complex. The man will typically go into unnecessary details, which helps explain why the term rose to prominence in coastal American cities in the early 2000s.

Thanx fer thuh super-awesome mansplanation, animatronic ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back