News   Jul 25, 2024
 482     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 440     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jennifer Pagliaro @jpags
Tory asked about donating to Doug Ford, his denial and subsequent apology. Why was there a "lapse in memory"?

Who knows?

OK, I am just looking for clarification.

Do we know for sure that Karla Ford's (nee Middlebrook) mother, Julie Middlebrook's (nee Fenwick) mother and father were in fact Russian Orthodox (aka Catholic), not Jewish?

Where Karla's family came from (Bukovina) the population at the time of immigration to Canada was 12.86% Jewish. But Ruthenian 38.88%, who were Russian Orthodox.
Also:
Romanian 34.38%, German 21.24% (Jews 12.86% included), Polish 4.55%, Hungarian 1.31%, Slovak 0.08%, Slovene 0.02%, Italian 0.02%, and a few Croat, Romani, Serbian, and Turkish.

It was a mixed area, so who knows? But we do know Karla's aunt, Eleonora Marko, who died September. 20, 1982 was buried in a Prospect Cemetery, a Christian burial ground.

Tory completely fumbled that question. He donated to the Fords and lied about it, now simply "forgot".

Did Doug just saw that Tory is "misconformed" on subways? Or something?

What does that remind me of...

[video=youtube_share;Jfq3c4Cf1Fs]http://youtu.be/Jfq3c4Cf1Fs[/video]

Jennifer Pagliaro @jpags
Doug Ford talking in third person again, saying he is the only one that actually supports subways. Says will increase bus service with $30M.

This third person stuff is lame...

OK, I am just looking for clarification.

Do we know for sure that Karla Ford's (nee Middlebrook) mother, Julie Middlebrook's (nee Fenwick) mother and father were in fact Russian Orthodox (aka Catholic), not Jewish?

it's so hard to know what happened 100-150 years ago. Many people just dropped their Jewishness due to persecution (pogroms in the late 1800s Russia/Ukraine, then of course WWII) or just because you'd have a better shot at being successful in life. Maybe didn't even go through a conversion ceremony, just while fleeing without documents made a decision and a name change and that was it.

It hardly matters, lots of people can find that kind of Jewish ancestry in their family (one of my uncle's Hungarian grandparents, for example). Only dyed-in-the-wool, white power, race purity racists care about that kind of stuff. Most people are garden-variety racists and don't need a thousand years of 'pure' bloodlines to back-up their attitudes.

it's so hard to know what happened 100-150 years ago. Many people just dropped their Jewishness due to persecution (pogroms in the late 1800s Russia/Ukraine, then of course WWII) or just because you'd have a better shot at being successful in life. Maybe didn't even go through a conversion ceremony, just while fleeing without documents made a decision and a name change and that was it.

Then how is Doug so certain his wife is Jewish?

Nobody asked him, he's the one who made the claim to deflect criticism.

“Matter of fact, my wife is Jewish, her mother is Jewish,” he said. “My wife was furious at John Tory’s statement — it’s disgusting.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back