794     1 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 680     0 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 600     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's so hard to know what happened 100-150 years ago. Many people just dropped their Jewishness due to persecution (pogroms in the late 1800s Russia/Ukraine, then of course WWII) or just because you'd have a better shot at being successful in life. Maybe didn't even go through a conversion ceremony, just while fleeing without documents made a decision and a name change and that was it.

It's not that hard. There are lots of records. In this case, it's blatantly obvious that Karla's maternal grandparents were non-Jewish Catholic Eastern Europeans. Someone out to call Doug Ford on this one because with no ambiguity, his claim of a Jewish wife/mother-in-law is not true.

It's not that hard. There are lots of records. In this case, it's blatantly obvious that Karla's maternal grandparents were non-Jewish Catholic Eastern Europeans. Someone out to call Doug Ford on this one because with no ambiguity, his claim of a Jewish wife/mother-in-law is not true.

Not true? I'm shocked! < sarcasm >

Shawn Jeffords @Shawn_Jeffords
Doug Ford says he wouldn't rule out naming Rob Ford deputy mayor if he's elected mayor. #TOpoli

That was Royson James who asked the question I think. A great question, and perhaps it's my bias, but I didn't hear Doug's answer getting a warm reception. Not aimed at anyone in particular, but I just want to say not everyone in Scarborough is an urban hating Fordite zealot, anymore than every downtown dweller is a latte sipping communist. ;)

Jeebus, Doug stilll thinks and acts like he's the CEO of everything, until he remembers he hasn't been crowned Merryl yet. Tory is not doing anything to change my impression that he's an empty suit at times. Chow is at least more lively at this debate.

Tory really needs to be more concise in his answers. Every time he talks he reminds me of the CEO of a charity/orchestra/production/whatever who blathers on while we wait for the actual show.

Then how is Doug so certain his wife is Jewish?

Nobody asked him, he's the one who made the claim to deflect criticism.

“Matter of fact, my wife is Jewish, her mother is Jewish,†he said. “My wife was furious at John Tory’s statement — it’s disgusting.â€

don't know... family tales that get passed down??

The idea that they were Russian or Greek Orthodox (which is a branch of Christianity), and that Doug might have actually got that confused with Orthodox Judaism is really funny, though. :p

Let me be perfectly clear: A recreation therapist has by far the easiest job in a long-term care facility. And this guy is mad he makes less than people in the public sector. Maybe he should talk to his employer or his union? Or maybe he doesn't have the latter.

Otherwise, long-term care is a provincial issue. And at least Tory seems to recognize that private long-term care is either exorbitantly expensive or shitty, even if he didn't quite come out and say it.

Jennifer Pagliaro @jpags
Mayoral candidate Ari Goldkind is here in the audience and is now standing to ask a question. Ford supporters start heckling.
Shawn Jeffords @Shawn_Jeffords
Ari Goldkind now up asking a question. "Unbelievable," says Doug Ford. #TOpoli

Ari in the house!

Anyone know what this is about?

[QUOTE@DavidSoknacki: Surprised & disappointed a volunteer used my campaign list. Was unauthorized. Got an apology from him & so sorry for the intrusion.#TOpoli][/QUOTE]

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 796
Last edited:
Anyone know what this is about?

[QUOTE@DavidSoknacki: Surprised & disappointed a volunteer used my campaign list. Was unauthorized. Got an apology from him & so sorry for the intrusion.#TOpoli]
[/QUOTE]

Dunro ‏@dunro 5h4 hours ago
Disappointed that Soknacki shared my contact info with Steven Levitan (not even my ward). Unsubscribed. #TOPoli

Brian F. Kelcey
‏@stateofthecity
. @dunro He didn't. It means Carey Miller stole the list, as @proserv now works for Levitan. Denounce him and his candidate, not DS. #TOpoli
4:02 pm - 6 Oct 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back