991     1 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 772     0 
News   Jul 04, 2024
 625     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The are excited about their imaginary subway. You know, the one the Fords already built.

Things that make you go hmmm...

Joe Wormington ‏@joe_wormington · 3h2 hours ago
@siomo Watch for the true story in my column tomorrow, #TOpoli Doug Jr doesn't want to admit it...he was barmitvahed 40 years ago, in Isreal

Last night on twitter there was a (I think Matt Elliott) chart circulating that showed how much Rob Ford managed to achieve of his 2010 platform. I thought I'd grabbed it, but no. It was a really handy dandy summary of how wrong Doug's 98% claim is. And now my google fu is failing me.

Anyone a) know what I'm talking about? b) able to succeed where I have failed?

Shawn Jeffords @Shawn_Jeffords
Ford says "I just have to ask, what's the story Mr. Tory." Comes out strong here, getting booed by crowd. #TOpoli

Jennifer Pagliaro @jpags
Ford is getting drowned out with boos after calling Tory a slick-talking politician. The moderator is now saying it won't be tolerated.

Maybe not. Tory has strong support in Scarborough as well.

Last night on twitter there was a (I think Matt Elliott) chart circulating that showed how much Rob Ford managed to achieve of his 2010 platform. I thought I'd grabbed it, but no. It was a really handy dandy summary of how wrong Doug's 98% claim is. And now my google fu is failing me.

Anyone a) know what I'm talking about? b) able to succeed where I have failed?

Yes. I posted it here yesterday.

Does anyone have a link for the debate? CP24 is having audio problems, so no debate yet

Graphic Matt's pledge-o-meter

Screen Shot 2014-10-06 at 7.18.38 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-06 at 7.18.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-06 at 7.18.38 PM.png
    320 KB · Views: 627
Just a sidebar on this PostMedia/Sun play: Yes, maybe the powers that be will decide that SAL and Joey Worms have limited utility within the new 'culture'. But, still, one expects the Sun brand to continue on. In this market at least (Ottawa's fucked though, two major dailies, both owned by the same company, Calgary, too. Actually a lot of markets!).

But what really gets my shorts burning is the principal behind the play. That zombie, Paul Godfrey. Former Metro Chair (sorry to offend your delicate sensibilities, Casita, but not all Chairs were noble people.) The very guy who got Skydome, sorry...er... Roger's Centre...rammed through and built for over half a $Bil. Then bought it back for $25 Million? This ghoul has had more lives than Dracula. Nobody can put a stake that sticks in his dark heart. His sticky fingers have been in so many pies that only a select few have shared

Toronto's problems are just so much wider than Cracky The Mayor or his Cro-Mag Torchbearer Bro. The rot goes way long, way back and way deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back