279     2 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 291     1 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 407     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instagram searches have revealed a couple of things: 1) After he went to that Irish pub, he was wandering the street and took a selfie in which he looks pretty intoxicated. Could be the lighting though. http://www.gramfeed.com/instagram/822741068843970366_209911146
View attachment 35045

I have been trying to figure out where this one was taken. It was few hours after the Grace O'Malleys one but it doesn't look like downtown. There are a few spots along Royal York Rd that it remind me of. It kind of looks like a school or church parking lot with the fence on the side -- plaza parking lots don't usually have a fence like that. Anyone see anything they recognize?

Good prediction!

Ha, I'm betting sometime tomorrow we'll get to hear the usual pre-packaged slop from Doug--"No one has done more for the Jewish community..."

Only three weeks left. Anyone else left for the Fords to disenfranchise? Short people, people with glasses, your mother?

Ford tried it but got booed.
Too bad Chow didn't speak up like Ari when Doug was stereotyping "the Chinese community".

Ford tried it but got booed.
Too bad Chow didn't speak up like Ari when Doug was stereotyping "the Chinese community".
I've noticed every time Ari calls out Doug on his BS it is very well received by the "audience". Why the hell haven't Tory and Chow picked up on this? Afraid of alienating a few voters? Too nice? The pair of them make me sick. Absolutely useless, both of them.

I've noticed every time Ari calls out Doug on his BS it is very well received by the "audience". Why the hell haven't Tory and Chow picked up on this? Afraid of alienating a few voters? Too nice? The pair of them make me sick. Absolutely useless, both of them.

I recall Kinsella once answered that, saying candidates' internal polls indicated that kind of approach wouldn't fly with voters--they'd be viewed as being too negative.

I suppose Kinsella would know the effects of being too negative. And it goes further to suggest that municipal polling is broken.

CBC shows Rob's and Renata's reactions to Ari's comments. Any good lip-readers care to interpret what Rob is saying? Is it: "That's not what I said"?

There's two parts to politics. Inside baseball and out.
If you read this forum, you're inside politics; "negative" campaigning to those inside politics isn't necessarily negative - its reality. However, if you're outside baseball and you're just a random observer, "negative" campaigning can often hurt the candidate who goes negative because it makes him or her look "un-statesman like". If you're inside baseball, Ari or Shirtlesss Jogger, are your hero's, if you're outside baseball they come off looking like lunatics.

Tory should just play sick for the next three weeks. Every time he talks he sounds less inspiring.

He has a solid lead in the polls, so at this point, his strategists are telling him to go on cruise control, so to speak. Goldkind is doing a lot of the grunt work in attacking Doug.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...ia’s-English-Language-Newspapers#.VDKOD_ldUYl

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 2m2 minutes ago
Wow

New poll:

Cynthia Mulligan ‏@CityCynthia 1m1 minute ago
Both Chow and Ford holding newsers to attack Tory's transit plan, new poll shows he's in lead w 42% Ford 28% Chow 19% #topoli

Last edited:
Rob Ford's Escalade ‏@RobFordEscalade 8:43AM
Fine, I'm a gas guzzler. I admit it. But some of my best friends - will you let me finish? - are Priuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back