495     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 619     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the other hand, a news release doesn't give media an opportunity to ask questions, even basic ones to clarify statements. If your prediction of daily statements comes true, then, yeah, the Fords are chumming for the sympathy vote, especially if it's Doug stepping up to the mic (as is his habit). We'll see what happens.

The Fords are happy enough not to give the media an opportunity to ask questions when it suits them. In addition to outright lying. But NOW they're suddenly about transparency? Doubtful.

You read this and the first thing that comes to mind is that all this was somehow planned. Not saying Rob does not have health issues, just that it is staged to some degree.

Oh yeah. If there's one thing these guys are it's stupidly transparent. Anyone with a basic self awareness can tell worms already knows doug is going to play up putting his name on.
Or Rob is gonna stay in and doug will simply campaign and milk the beuller vibe

I say this as someone who has adored this thread since Crack Day in May '13 - I've read every post since then, it's usually the first place I check when I get online, when there's new news, I can't wait to see what you all have to say about it. But seriously, since last night, some of you sound just as bad as the Ford Nation crazies, when they were questioning the integrity of The Star. I hope sanity returns in the next day or two, and this isn't a permanent shark-jumping situation.

I say this as someone who has adored this thread since Crack Day in May '13 - I've read every post since then, it's usually the first place I check when I get online, when there's new news, I can't wait to see what you all have to say about it. But seriously, since last night, some of you sound just as bad as the Ford Nation crazies, when they were questioning the integrity of The Star. I hope sanity returns in the next day or two, and this isn't a permanent shark-jumping situation.

LottoMax draw tomorrow - go buy a ticket.

Oh for crying out loud. These are world renowned experts who are not going to risk their licenses to practice medicine for a bribe from the Fords.

100% agree. The docs and admin are also in charge - the hospital is their turf and they will read the riot act if the Fos try any nonsense. Also the hospital shd ban ALL media from visiting the ward. Hosps are taxpayer-funded and shd provide equal access to all media.

Mt Sinai has always had a great public affairs team who will do a lot of the stickhandling. Altho I don't envy them the Ford tribe.

Sadly the big loser in all this if this is a Ford "Charade" will be Mount Sinai and its ethics as viewed in the realm of public opinion - that they were bought (or played) by Ford friendly campers. The Ministry of Health (under the Liberal regime) will have a field day that will make the Gas Plant Scandal look like a picnic as the probe will focus on a very small group of people (logically starting with former OPC Pres Devlin at Humber). The "Risk Management" departments of hospitals do not need the exposure to "second guess ethics" this type of "play" might bring upon them. This could be a very ugly shit show if facts were misrepresented from a high level and this maneuver ate up Health resources unnecessarily.

Mount Sinai will continue to be squeaky clean, there were no Fords at tonight's presser, and not really much in the way of salacious detail... *THEY* know how to say nothing, with purpose, and mean it.

You read this and the first thing that comes to mind is that all this was somehow planned. Not saying Rob does not have health issues, just that it is staged to some degree.

I don't know. It seems more than plausible to me that Doug, Warmo, and Rob (if he's even been consulted since he went to hospital) are just reacting to events and making stuff up minute-by-minute.

What I get from that is that Wormington is afraid. His entire meal ticket is praising Ford and now that could go away. This is his desperate plea to his lord and master to give him material.

Yep. Seems about right. Panic is making him even less coherent than usual.

I feel bad about clicking on the Sun site, as Warmo's employers are cynical fuckers tossing out the ugliest of clickbait, but I can't resist, because the comments are often awesome. I am not using the word "awesome" sarcastically. Example:

ProgressiveGold • 40 minutes ago
"It is serious," said several sources.

I know Joe claims to be a columnist and not a writer, but even columnists can't make up quotes and attribute them word-for-word to multiple people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back