494     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 619     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Rob stays in the race his needle will not move - and people like myself who have ALSO had experience with Cancer in the family will call BULLSHIT. Olivia just might lead that charge... We'll see. If he doesn't drop out - live or die - he will get what he deserves.

Just speculating, but could Ford Nationals with cancer experience start to waver, or are they there until the end?

Tariq Aziz

"We will slaughter them all."

978x.jpg

Attachments

• 978x.jpg
    978x.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 851
Sorry abut your puppy.

I think Rob Ford will stay in the race. He is going to milk this for all it is worth and possibly accomplish what we thought was impossible - becoming mayor again.

Lucy and the football = Olivia Chow (very smart lady)

I'm glad the Fords have agreed to press conferences. It would be worse if no information was flowing. I also think Doug was smart (for once) not to attend today's briefing. It kept the focus on medicine and what is actually known/knowable at this time instead of politics. I think this is the one time in the past four years that the Fords comms strategy hasn't actually raised the temperature. Some people have questioned why the CEO of Humber held the first newser, but it makes sense to me. It's a delicate and highly political situation. If a mistake is going to be made, better to have it made at the top than involve some unfortunate staffer.

As for Rob's decision about tomorrow, I don't think he'll drop out, even though it would a be a prudent thing to do. As it stands, he doesn't know exactly what he's dealing or what his treatment will involve. My bet is that he'll stay in the race for now, in hopes that he'll be OK after surgery and a recovery period, should he get elected (which I don't think will happen).

You don't have to hold a bunch of press conferences to flow some information. That turns the drama UP, not down. A short news release simply saying "Ford was admitted to hospital for tests" etc would have sufficed. This way the Fords have thrown out enough chum to keep the sharks circling and speculations spinning. I expect there will be a press conference each time he has a bowel movement, until a diagnosis is finally made.

Sadly the big loser in all this if this is a Ford "Charade" will be Mount Sinai and its ethics as viewed in the realm of public opinion - that they were bought (or played) by Ford friendly campers. The Ministry of Health (under the Liberal regime) will have a field day that will make the Gas Plant Scandal look like a picnic as the probe will focus on a very small group of people (logically starting with former OPC Pres Devlin at Humber). The "Risk Management" departments of hospitals do not need the exposure to "second guess ethics" this type of "play" might bring upon them. This could be a very ugly shit show if facts were misrepresented from a high level and this maneuver ate up Health resources unnecessarily.

Last edited:
You don't have to hold a bunch of press conferences to flow some information. That turns the drama UP, not down. A short news release simply saying "Ford was admitted to hospital for tests" etc would have sufficed. This way the Fords have thrown out enough chum to keep the sharks circling and speculations spinning. I expect there will be a press conference each time he has a bowel movement, until a diagnosis is finally made.

On the other hand, a news release doesn't give media an opportunity to ask questions, even basic ones to clarify statements. If your prediction of daily statements comes true, then, yeah, the Fords are chumming for the sympathy vote, especially if it's Doug stepping up to the mic (as is his habit). We'll see what happens.

So, Doug & Rob went to breakfast at Perkins. And about 2 hours later, Hizzoner is rushed to hospital after experiencing stomach and abdominal pains. Is that right?

Resounding review of their kitchen, at least in the wrong journalistic hands.
(Doesn't Steak Queen serve breakfast, then? )

Pardon my optics. I think I broke a lens...

Let's see. List of establishments that may or may not get reduced business because of Rob Ford. Or no problem at all?

• Perkins
  • Steak Queen
  • KFC
  • LCBO
  • Tim Hortons
  • Esso
  • Deco Labels

"The transition to Doug would be seamless and he would be a strong candidate to win the mayor’s job."

Ford Nation is just stupid enough that they would think Rob and Doug could combine their votes to win the election.

I say if Doug registers we help them - we can start a Doug Ford sticker campaign. Lets get all the Ford Nation out to vote for both Rub and Thug. It will be a blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back