1.2K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 601     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm reading Daniel Dale's chat:

Q:
Is Warmington respected by fellow journalists?

A:
Anything else?

LOL! I'm actually surprised they let that question go through and that he answered like he did!

They should have asked "who's worse, Levy or Wormtongue?" Answers in terms of journalistic integrity and as a person are both acceptable.

I suppose debates will be a lot different for a while if Ford is not present for any of them.

Also, has anyone read about the final years of Senator Robert Byrd (D-WV)? He was in office for a LONG time and got old and sick, but he kept on getting voted in. He would be wheeled into the senate chamber for votes hooked to an oxygen tank.

I don't think he can threaten anyone - the Doc is cool as a cucumber. Besides, threatening someone who has your health in his hands isn't exactly my idea of smart.

AoD

While that's true, King Rob has his share of "Do you know who I am?!" moments. This is a guy who still mouths off to Vancouver cops during the jaywalking ticket incident, maybe not fully realizing yet he's no longer in Kansas that time. Eh, I mean TO. Again, I'm running low on surprises with the camping zaniness.

Re: Perkins in Dixon Rd. Dixon rd. Huh. Wonder if that's just a total coincidence. Seriously, I thought I was paranoid sometimes, but this Frod Follies is wreaking havoc with my tinfoil expense.

CP2Ford just interviewed people in Etobicoke. Of the three that were aired, two said he should stay in the race until more is known and one said it was a personal decision.

There's only one Perkins in all of the GTA, near the airport on Dixon Road. There are three Perkins in the Niagara Region.

So, Doug & Rob went to breakfast at Perkins. And about 2 hours later, Hizzoner is rushed to hospital after experiencing stomach and abdominal pains. Is that right?

Resounding review of their kitchen, at least in the wrong journalistic hands.
(Doesn't Steak Queen serve breakfast, then? )

Pardon my optics. I think I broke a lens...

Last edited:
I'm reading Daniel Dale's chat:

Q:
Is Warmington respected by fellow journalists?

A:
Anything else?

LOL! I'm actually surprised they let that question go through and that he answered like he did!

I hear even some guys at the Sun have no respect for him.

Perhaps Doug will be the designated hitter?

That would be something! While Doug is more "intelligent," he might do worse in that situation.

I hear even some guys at the Sun have no respect for him.

I heard that too. The real reporters don't take him seriously.

He reminds me of the Iraqi information minister back when Saddam's regime was falling. Told blatant lies about how the invaders were being slaughtered and in retreat when they had come in with no resistance at all.

It would be interesting to see polling done tomorrow (Friday), I'll bet Rob has jumped 5 points.

If Rob stays in the race his needle will not move - and people like myself who have ALSO had experience with Cancer in the family will call BULLSHIT. Olivia just might lead that charge... We'll see. If he doesn't drop out - live or die - he will get what he deserves.

At this stage his doctors are merely investigating, which is legit, and therefore no risk to them. Other people are saying the tumour could be this or that.

It's the way the Fords are handling this that rouses suspicion. How many press conferences and interviews have there been already, and it's only Day 2?

I'm glad the Fords have agreed to press conferences. It would be worse if no information was flowing. I also think Doug was smart (for once) not to attend today's briefing. It kept the focus on medicine and what is actually known/knowable at this time instead of politics. I think this is the one time in the past four years that the Fords comms strategy hasn't actually raised the temperature. Some people have questioned why the CEO of Humber held the first newser, but it makes sense to me. It's a delicate and highly political situation. If a mistake is going to be made, better to have it made at the top than involve some unfortunate staffer.

As for Rob's decision about tomorrow, I don't think he'll drop out, even though it would a be a prudent thing to do. As it stands, he doesn't know exactly what he's dealing or what his treatment will involve. My bet is that he'll stay in the race for now, in hopes that he'll be OK after surgery and a recovery period, should he get elected (which I don't think will happen).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back