515     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.5K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 625     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
They fired them all years ago. There's a "Sun family" website for all the former staffers, and it appears there are more people on there than are currently employed at the Sun. Many of them were downsized by Quebecor in "cost-cutting" and they reminisce about the "good old days" before the paper was bought out. I was searching for something else on the interwebs and came upon it by chance.

Not related directly, but it talks about a funny sketch about the state of newspapers in this era.

http://jimromenesko.com/2013/01/29/portland-tribune-editor/

Last edited:
I didn't know who Joe Worms was until the Crackalacka scandal. Is it possible he's confused and thought that maybe he's going to be Toronto's version of Helen Thomas? Except that Helen Thomas to the best of my knowledge, covered the White House, and not just one particular president. Or maybe Worms is running to be the Earl Camembert to Johny Larue's Rofo.

Investigative reporters and journalists however, I think can use way more support. The Sun might keep Worms around for the ad-bait for now, running a newspaper in this day and age is tough.

Anyway, I'm guessing those watching the camping happenings will look at the 2 pm deadline today?

I do remember him from his G20 coverage. He was very critical of how police handled it and claimed cops were stalking him because of what he was writing about their response (personally, I don't believe that). He also claimed whenever he'd run into cops they'd make offhanded comments to him to watch what he wrote.

I don't want him to come back, but if he insists on it he should at least take a long break. If he's able to stay sober for a few years, loses a lot of weight, patches things up with family then come back. Of course, cops might have other plans for him.

I don't see "understands conflict of interest" anywhere in your list. To me that is more important in a Mayor than how fat s/he is. Unless -- do you think that he does understand conflict of interest already and just plays dumb in order to get away with it?

I don't see "understands conflict of interest" anywhere in your list. To me that is more important in a Mayor than how fat s/he is. Unless -- do you think that he does understand conflict of interest already and just plays dumb in order to get away with it?

He should also take training in interpersonal skills, etiquette and get educated about urban planning during his next four years off!

He should also take training in interpersonal skills, etiquette and get educated about urban planning during his next four years off!
Sorry Jimmi, too late for that. He should have had interpersonal skills and etiquette by the time he was 10 years old. You can put lipstick on a pig, but......

Honest question - besides Don Peat, does the Sun have any real reporters or sorry, journalists? I find that hard to believe given the grade 5 drivel they write.

There is the person who is in charge of the Sunshine Girl!

They fired them all years ago. There's a "Sun family" website for all the former staffers, and it appears there are more people on there than are currently employed at the Sun. Many of them were downsized by Quebecor in "cost-cutting" and they reminisce about the "good old days" before the paper was bought out. I was searching for something else on the interwebs and came upon it by chance.

Years ago, I was a journalism student at Centennial College and even then, I disliked the Sun. One of my former classmates, Jenny Yuen, works for them now.

Stomach Pains

So, Doug & Rob went to breakfast at Perkins. And about 2 hours later, Hizzoner is rushed to hospital after experiencing stomach and abdominal pains. Is that right?

Resounding review of their kitchen, at least in the wrong journalistic hands.
(Doesn't Steak Queen serve breakfast, then? )

Pardon my optics. I think I broke a lens...
m209-specials-pg-img-great-plates.jpg
(Perkins sample meal from their web site.)
This type of diet over the years would be sure to have some effect on one's colon. Never mind the copious amounts of vodka and crack, not to mention oxycodone etc.

Attachments

• m209-specials-pg-img-great-plates.jpg
    m209-specials-pg-img-great-plates.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 840

That would be like asking him to become an astronaut at this point. Dude needs real rehab, not to mention dealing with his current medical condition. If he can do honest for realsies rehab, beat da tumah, somehow turn his life around and at least be a present father to his kids, that'd be a miracle enough. And yeah I know, sadly asking even for that possibility is probably just as likely as him becoming an astronaut.

Jimmi T said:
I do remember him from his G20 coverage. He was very critical of how police handled it and claimed cops were stalking him because of what he was writing about their response (personally, I don't believe that). He also claimed whenever he'd run into cops they'd make offhanded comments to him to watch what he wrote.

Ah right ok, I do remember hearing something like that after the fact. G20 downtown TO fiasco definitely needed some 'splainin to do even to this day, but Joe Worms is probably not the best journalist\columnist\Mayoral food and drink taster to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back