515     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.5K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 624     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will this get buried in favor of the tumor?

It's moved from front page material to in the GTA section, out of fear of being seen as kicking a man when he's down (not that Ford wouldn't do that that given half the chance).

My thoughts are the tumor issue has been around for a while, and the cheeseburger and steak queen diet has finally caught up with him. I dont think he's conned hospitals into faking it. I think he also knows he cant win in October, so pulling out before the election lets him retain some 'undefeated' pride. Douggy wont sub in. Mikey will run and if he wins, I can see him stepping down for a healed-up RoFo next year and then Rob back in City Hall and running for 2018.

Yeah. I want him gone, but this is about as anti-climactic and unsatisfying an end to the story as possible. If it is the end. I can almost imagine Ford winning the election on the sympathy vote despite his being totally out of it, and Doug acting like he's fine and doing everything for him by proxy, like Woodrow Wilson's wife did after his stroke.

Also don't forget Missouri electing Mel Carnahan as Senator after he died in a plane crash.

Also don't forget Missouri electing Mel Carnahan as Senator after he died in a plane crash.

That's almost standard practice in the US Congress - logic being that the spouse is unlikely to seek election and probably shares political leanings. Added bonus is it gets more women (usually) into the House and Senate.

In Toronto a common practice is to appoint the vacated councillor's chief of staff, since they would know all the people and all the files, resulting in the least disruption to CH business.

One has to wonder what their conversations are like at the dinner table. ( No pun intended. )

Would they even eat around a dinner table in the first place? I can just see them lounging around watching TV, caught up in their own individual thing...

Daniel Dale @ddale8 · 43m
It's perfectly acceptable for both Fords to be on the ballot. The problem is the potential to lose some votes to ballot-box confusion.

Rich potential for extremely dark comedy here. Both Fords are on the ballot, and TeamFo flips back and forth from Vote Doug Not Rob to Vote Rob Not Doug based on changes in the prognosis for Rob.

Criticize me for bad taste if you like, but I'm going to be bitter and suspicious unless the whole Ford operation does the decent thing, quits the mayoral race, shuts up, and actually tries to help Rob improve his health.

Wonder if they'll keep Rob as an inpatient for the week while they await results. If so, anticipate stories of how well he's doing, how it's just like football camp, how he's met hatpins of industry and athletes and how they are all having a roaring good time. Several weeks later, we'll find out he's abused the staff and been a phenomenal pain to fellow patients & their families. Around Christmas time, the skeleton of Joe Warmington will be found in the Mt Sinai boiler room where he got lost while on a quest for the unbridled truth.

I can't stop laughing...
haha.gif

Let's see. List of establishments that may or may not get reduced business because of Rob Ford. Or no problem at all?

• Perkins
  • Steak Queen
  • KFC
  • LCBO
  • Tim Hortons
  • Esso
  • Deco Labels

Perkins – Not sure. See “Esso†below, perhaps?

Steak Queen - “Ya mon!â€

KFC – “they Double Down tooâ€

LCBO – “Vodka: the little water of the Purple Jesusâ€

Tim Hortons – “The home of Double Double is now also (Burgher) Kingâ€

Esso – “Gas provider. (See items #1 and #2, above). Energizing products may drop through your back window.â€

Deco Labels – “Stick em where you likeâ€

If anyone happens to find a link to Donovan's article (or at least to the Star article to which he referred) could you please post it? I'll do the same if I find it but no luck so far. Not sure when these things go online - often it's the night before so I'm hoping they haven't pulled it.

If anyone happens to find a link to Donovan's article (or at least to the Star article to which he referred) could you please post it? I'll do the same if I find it but no luck so far. Not sure when these things go online - often it's the night before so I'm hoping they haven't pulled it.
It's in today's paper, don't know if it's online yet. Not much to it, but the guy that filmed Rob in Kathy's basement was charged by Giroux for possession of brass knuckles.

It's in today's paper, don't know if it's online yet. Not much to it, but the guy that filmed Rob in Kathy's basement was charged by Giroux for possession of brass knuckles.

It also says the charges were stayed by the Crown, which strongly suggests to me that he's cooperating with police.

That would be something! While Doug is more "intelligent," he might do worse in that situation.

I heard that too. The real reporters don't take him seriously.

Honest question - besides Don Peat, does the Sun have any real reporters or sorry, journalists? I find that hard to believe given the grade 5 drivel they write.

Last edited:
Honest question besides Don Peta, does the Sun have any
real reporters or sorry journalists? I find that hard to believe given the grade 5 drivel they write.

They fired them all years ago. There's a "Sun family" website for all the former staffers, and it appears there are more people on there than are currently employed at the Sun. Many of them were downsized by Quebecor in "cost-cutting" and they reminisce about the "good old days" before the paper was bought out. I was searching for something else on the interwebs and came upon it by chance.

What I get from that is that Wormington is afraid. His entire meal ticket is praising Ford and now that could go away. This is his desperate plea to his lord and master to give him material.

I didn't know who Joe Worms was until the Crackalacka scandal. Is it possible he's confused and thought that maybe he's going to be Toronto's version of Helen Thomas? Except that Helen Thomas to the best of my knowledge, covered the White House, and not just one particular president. Or maybe Worms is running to be the Earl Camembert to Johny Larue's Rofo.

Investigative reporters and journalists however, I think can use way more support. The Sun might keep Worms around for the ad-bait for now, running a newspaper in this day and age is tough.

Anyway, I'm guessing those watching the camping happenings will look at the 2 pm deadline today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back