27     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 907     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 810     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if tha commemorative letter is on city of Toronto letterhead?

I love that he couldn't even throw in a t-shirt and bobble head too because a signed commemorative letter is so worth $1500 (and limited to the first 50 because apparently it's just that valuable!) His delusion of self-importance is no more obvious than in those fundraising emails.

Is Ford attending the Etobicoke debate tonight? It would be great to see him get roasted on his own turf.

c/o @stephenlautens

BwxfYRoIcAAj40L.jpg

Attachments

• BwxfYRoIcAAj40L.jpg
    BwxfYRoIcAAj40L.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 674
Is Ford attending the Etobicoke debate tonight? It would be great to see him get roasted on his own turf.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 3m
I'm told Mayor Rob Ford will be at tonight's CARP Etobicoke debate #TOpoli

He is. I don't see him getting roasted though, not there.

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 1m
Today on the campaign trail: Mayoral debate tonight in Etobicoke hosted by CARP #TOpoli

Might we see a far more sympathetic crowd for Ford like at the Scarborough debate?

Despite what some might tend to think, I'm pretty sure his approval ratings in Etobicoke are almost as low as in the Core. Some past polls have hinted at this (http://globalnews.ca/news/951969/mayor-rob-ford-approval-rating-in-etobicoke-slipping-poll/)

Scarborough is his stronghold of true believers, because you know, he promises unicorns and fairies and subways and all.

I think Ford may believe Etobicoke is his, but I think tonight's debate will be another crushing vote of non-confidence.

I'm quite surprised that no one that I know of have has fed on his divisive plans and taken it to an Etobicoke vs Scarborough extreme. Why does he focus so much on Scarborough when Etobicoke has many priority areas if its own and is nearly as hard done by in the subway arena? This is the borough that helped put him into power; where he lives, and yet he treats Scarborough as the golden child. Don't the division-loving Fordites in Etobicoke ever wonder that?

It would be telling if he does hear catcalls, though. I think the catcalls from the audience at the debate that focused on black/minority issues in the city really shook him up. Beginning of the unraveling of the 'Ford is good at debating' meme.

Different crowds requires different approach - this is a CARP debate, so I will nail him harder on impropriety, amorality and criminal association with those making the neighbourhoods unsafe.

AoD

You don't think he'll blaze one in the Escalade before he hits the stage?

Well, I wouldn't rule that out! :p

Despite what some might tend to think, I'm pretty sure his approval ratings in Etobicoke are almost as low as in the Core. Some past polls have hinted at this (http://globalnews.ca/news/951969/mayor-rob-ford-approval-rating-in-etobicoke-slipping-poll/)

Scarborough is his stronghold of true believers, because you know, he promises unicorns and fairies and subways and all.

I think Ford may believe Etobicoke is his, but I think tonight's debate will be another crushing vote of non-confidence.

I'm quite surprised that no one that I know of have has fed on his divisive plans and taken it to an Etobicoke vs Scarborough extreme. Why does he focus so much on Scarborough when Etobicoke has many priority areas if its own and is nearly as hard done by in the subway arena? This is the borough that helped put him into power; where he lives, and yet he treats Scarborough as the golden child. Don't the division-loving Fordites in Etobicoke ever wonder that?

I hope you are right. It would be nice if it happened!

It would be telling if he does hear catcalls, though. I think the catcalls from the audience at the debate that focused on black/minority issues in the city really shook him up. Beginning of the unraveling of the 'Ford is good at debating' meme.

His same five lines just don't cut it now, even in his former strongholds.

CARP members are 55+ in age. I don't see them having a lot of sympathy for a crack smoking liar, no matter how conservative they may be.

Still hoping for a roast.

Really? The Canadian Association of Retired People? I would think the trust and personal issuse questions will be of greater import than of the younger crowd....Subways are going to of little interest, Wheeltrans and bussing close to the door will be...Seniors will be playing their age card again for further tax breaks, snow clearing, leaf raking and social health..None of things are in R Ford's wheelhouse unless he pulls out the "universal populist" card and in doing so will look insincere....This is a no win debate for R Ford, the fact of the matter it is the one debate this week he should have begged off on....
Look at the Forum polls and R Ford's weakness in age ranges 55+ and they are more likely to vote than the whippersnappers...
As far as Etobicoke support the Nanos poll just released has Ford and Tory pretty much in a deadheat there....

Last edited:
As far as Etobicoke support the Nanos poll just released has Ford and Tory pretty much in a deadheat there....

Wonder if Tory will breezily hack him up again, or whether Ford will come hard on the offensive to make up for last time?

CARP members are 55+ in age. I don't see them having a lot of sympathy for a crack smoking liar, no matter how conservative they may be.

Still hoping for a roast.

Whoa whoa whoa....over 55 isn't exactly ancient. Don't under estimate the senior crowd, either; my 81 year old mother, who unfortunately does not live in Toronto, has described Ford as "that embarrassing a$$hole" (and she doesn't usually swear). I think for sure there might be more focus on his lying/criminality, but I'm also guessing issues specific to the aging will come up (like voting against sprinkers in nursing homes etc - other than that issue, what else has Ford done for/against seniors?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back