37     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 909     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 813     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else thinking it's odd for the lead detective to be serving a summons? Not like mayor asshat's visage isn't well known that any low level officer couldn't do it. Just strikes me as odd.

Very odd. He probably did it just for the look on Rob's face. No wonder he looked more rattled than usual.

Is anyone else thinking it's odd for the lead detective to be serving a summons? Not like mayor asshat's visage isn't well known that any low level officer couldn't do it. Just strikes me as odd.

I can tell you from experience, it is not unheard of but very unusual.

Got another fundraising email from Ford yesterday:
Dear Valued Supporter:

Yesterday was an important day in Rob Ford's campaign for re-election.

Rob unveiled a bold subway expansion plan that we believe is the kind of plan a world-class city like Toronto desperately needs.
The Toronto Subway Expansion Plan is a long-term plan that Rob will implement in his next term as Mayor.
It calls for 32 kilometers of new subways connecting every corner of Toronto. Yes, it is bold, but as a rapidly growing world-class city, Toronto must build new subways to stay competitive.

Toronto Subway Expansion Plan
Toronto residents know that Rob Ford is the only candidate who is fully committed to expanding Toronto's subway system, and with your support we can make it happen.
With your support, we can make sure Rob Ford returns to City Hall and builds a subway system that will serve our great city for generations to come.

$1,500 donors (or greater) will receive a signed commemorative 'Thank You' letter from Mayor Rob Ford (limited to the first 50 donors of $1,500 or more)

$300 donor receives a signed official ‘Mayor Ford’ bobble-head and a Ford Nation t-shirt. click HERE to DONATE to make a a $300 donation (Rebate=$208.55)

$100 donor receives an official ‘Mayor Ford’ bobble-head. Please click HERE to DONATE $100 (Rebate= $64.00)

$50 donor receives a ‘Ford Nation’ t-shirt, to make a $50 click HERE to DONATE (Rebate=$32.05)

$25 donor receives a ‘Ford Nation’ flag, and a ‘FORD MAYOR’ bumper sticker. Please click HERE to DONATE $25 (Rebate=$18.00)

You can learn about Mayor Ford’s accomplishments and his vision for Toronto at our campaign website: Accomplishments | Ford for Mayor and Toronto Subway Expansion Plan.

If you would like to donate to the Rob Ford Campaign, please ensure that you provide your mailing address (printed on the cheque), or on the attached data template in the columns provided to ensure that you receive your rebate payment from the city of Toronto.

Please send a cheque to our Campaign Headquarters at the address below, or you can click HERE to make a click HERE to DONATE online.

If you have any questions, please call us at: 416.751.FORD (3673) and press "3" when prompted.

Our mailing address for cheques is:

Rob Ford Campaign
Attention: Fundraising Team
10 Belfield Road, 2nd floor
Toronto, Ontario
M9W 1G1

Thank YOU again for YOUR support!

Doug Ford
Campaign Manager

^ Donors call our campaign fundraising line at 416.751.FORD (3673) extension 3 to arrange for pick up/delivery of commemorative scroll.

*Donors can pick up their memorabilia/merchandise after making a payment via cheque or online at either of our campaign offices. Please visit our campaign website for further address details at: CONTACT US

# Rebate amounts including fair market value of merchandise are approximate, and are intended for illustrative purposes only.

** Donors of $100.00 or more will have their name and postal code released in a digital format on the city of Toronto's website after the election per the Municipal Elections Act.
[/SIZE]

Since Rob has been invited in for an interview, it makes sense that the person that would interview him (Giroux) would use the summons delivery as an opportunity to establish some dialogue.

CP24 said he was served August 26th outside mama's house. That wasn't his fundraiser day, was it?

Day two of the last Council meeting. He was in and out of chambers a lot that day (probably on the phone with Hotmail setting up the specifics of the 9:00pm meeting with Giroux.)
I think that was the day he was WAY late coming back after lunch too, (not 100% was away and only catching up quickly via twitter at night.)

Got another fundraising email from Ford yesterday:
Dear Valued Supporter:

Yesterday was an important day in Rob Ford's campaign for re-election.

Rob unveiled a bold subway expansion plan that we believe is the kind of plan a world-class city like Toronto desperately needs.
The Toronto Subway Expansion Plan is a long-term plan that Rob will implement in his next term as Mayor.
It calls for 32 kilometers of new subways connecting every corner of Toronto. Yes, it is bold, but as a rapidly growing world-class city, Toronto must build new subways to stay competitive.

Toronto Subway Expansion Plan
Toronto residents know that Rob Ford is the only candidate who is fully committed to expanding Toronto's subway system, and with your support we can make it happen.
With your support, we can make sure Rob Ford returns to City Hall and builds a subway system that will serve our great city for generations to come.

$1,500 donors (or greater) will receive a signed commemorative 'Thank You' letter from Mayor Rob Ford (limited to the first 50 donors of $1,500 or more)

$300 donor receives a signed official ‘Mayor Ford’ bobble-head and a Ford Nation t-shirt. click HERE to DONATE to make a a $300 donation (Rebate=$208.55)

$100 donor receives an official ‘Mayor Ford’ bobble-head. Please click HERE to DONATE $100 (Rebate= $64.00)

$50 donor receives a ‘Ford Nation’ t-shirt, to make a $50 click HERE to DONATE (Rebate=$32.05)

$25 donor receives a ‘Ford Nation’ flag, and a ‘FORD MAYOR’ bumper sticker. Please click HERE to DONATE $25 (Rebate=$18.00)

You can learn about Mayor Ford’s accomplishments and his vision for Toronto at our campaign website: Accomplishments | Ford for Mayor and Toronto Subway Expansion Plan.

If you would like to donate to the Rob Ford Campaign, please ensure that you provide your mailing address (printed on the cheque), or on the attached data template in the columns provided to ensure that you receive your rebate payment from the city of Toronto.

Please send a cheque to our Campaign Headquarters at the address below, or you can click HERE to make a click HERE to DONATE online.

If you have any questions, please call us at: 416.751.FORD (3673) and press "3" when prompted.

Our mailing address for cheques is:

Rob Ford Campaign
Attention: Fundraising Team
10 Belfield Road, 2nd floor
Toronto, Ontario
M9W 1G1

Thank YOU again for YOUR support!

Doug Ford
Campaign Manager

^ Donors call our campaign fundraising line at 416.751.FORD (3673) extension 3 to arrange for pick up/delivery of commemorative scroll.

*Donors can pick up their memorabilia/merchandise after making a payment via cheque or online at either of our campaign offices. Please visit our campaign website for further address details at: CONTACT US

# Rebate amounts including fair market value of merchandise are approximate, and are intended for illustrative purposes only.

** Donors of $100.00 or more will have their name and postal code released in a digital format on the city of Toronto's website after the election per the Municipal Elections Act.
[/SIZE]

Wonder if tha commemorative letter is on city of Toronto letterhead?

My point exactly. Almost as though there's a desire to rattle and send a message. Getting close? I know, wishful thinking.

You know what, I think this constant sword over his head is in some ways a far more cruel a punishment for him. No closure, constant reminder of guilt, etc.

AoD

You know what, I think this constant sword over his head is in some ways a far more cruel a punishment for him. No closure, constant reminder of guilt, etc.

AoD

Metaphorical swords are great and all but how about an actual orange jumpsuit up in the mix too? ;)

AoD

My heart bleeds for poor Robbie ...

Well not really ... At all. He's still alive and mayor, at least for now. How about those left devastated in his wake? I know, no evidence he was responsible for death and disappearance but I ask you ... How many people you associated with and/or had something on you were murdered or disappeared? Too much smoke for there to be no fires. In my opinion only of course.

Last edited:
Kat:

To paraphrase a certain official - it's their [his] own fault at the end of the day, and if you are not doing drugs and you are not associate yourself with criminals, you wouldn’t get served probably, that’s bottom line.

AoD

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 1m
Today on the campaign trail: Mayoral debate tonight in Etobicoke hosted by CARP #TOpoli

Might we see a far more sympathetic crowd for Ford like at the Scarborough debate?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back