855     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 762     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 574     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob seems...distracted this week. I wonder if there's a reason!

I wonder if with the new poll numbers, Doug is starting to tighten the money tap and the campaign is starting to run on empty.

I imagine that they didn't make as much as they'd hoped selling bobbleheads, and that the fundraiser wasn't as big a success as they'd hoped.

Could Rob Ford run out of gas on the last lap?

This is what I'm talking about---similar views and policies. There's a reason that progressive, typically left/NDP leaning voters are vocally loving Soknacki. They're straight up saying that Soknacki is what they were hoping Chow would be. I'm not simply adding up their numbers because as it stands, that wouldn't be enough to catch Tory. I'm wondering if some form of union between them would be greater than the sum of its parts, capturing the lefties who have become leery of voting for Chow, people who wish they could vote for Soknacki but don't want to risk another Ford term, and a lot of undecideds too.

Ward 20 is thick with progressives. We turned AWAY from a sitting progressive to vote for an unknown liberal. The point of that election was to block a more egregious choice. That election was in June. Tory is the chosen one and now its up to Soks and Chow to either pull out OR to plow the road for Tory.

In today's debate...all 3 non-Fords piled on the incumbent. The simple reasons are because Ford is a simpleton and a liar and everyone is picking the low hanging fruit. On the other hand....what if the 3 are all ready working together for the greater good?

Kath Halloran ‏@lifeonqueen 9m
"So Sue-Ann Levy is in Israel and Joe Warmington is in Kiev."
"I see we're determined to destroy our international relationships."

Maybe Wormington can stay in Ukraine!

If he's willing to move to Moscow, he'd probably find his resume will play will with Putin.
"Amnesty International is saying trucks that were supposed to be supplying food to refugees were actually filled with Russian troops. Where's the proof? I just spoke to Vladimir, who called me from his cottage in the Crimea where he was still out of breath from benchpressing 500 lbs. and he said, "I don't know why all these people are out to get me! Those elitists at the United Nations and NATO are just so biased. When I'm out on the streets of Moscow, people tell me that the Ukraine is totally part of Russia; always has been. That and they want more subways."

On other recent stuff in the thread...
-Doug does look terrible. Look at 2010 shots of him and Rob. Rob looks like he put on a tonne of weight and lost some of it. Doug looks like he picked it up, as well as a point or 20 on his blood pressure.

-Rob is right that today's debate audience was "elitists," if by that means the actual powerbrokers and kingmakers in the city. I can see why the people of Ford Nation find this alienating and infuriating but many of these same "elitists" were willing to roll the dice on Ford in 2010. Seems a safe bet he's persona non grata on Bay Street these days. When he mentioned his close relationship with Stephen Harper today I was kind of hoping Socknacki would pull him out from the wings, like Marshall McCluhan in Annie Hall.

I Hate The War on Mayor Rob Ford
10 mins ·
FORD DOMINATES DEBATE: Get ready for Hater head explosions all afternoon and into the night. Rob Ford wiped the floor with John Tory at the Board of Trade today, taking Tory way off his game into fits of anger. Scored major points on the topics of LRTs, negative-option billing at Rogers, voting himself salary increases as an MP, "falling on his face" at Queen's Park, never stepping foot in community housing, and so much more. Rob did exactly what he needed to do: bloody up John Tory to get under his skin and show him as the fool. Which he is. FORD MORE YEARS!

I would love nothing more.....wait....I would love everything more than rolling around in the goose shit with that crowd. I tried..lord knows I tried to educate a few peop....ok, one...just one person on that site and all I received back were troll pictures. They finally blocked me......no tour of 15 Windsor or Xanadu for me...

That 4% is really showing through.

(A recent analysis of Neanderthal DNA shows that Neanderthals and modern humans not only crossed paths, but interbred. For non-African people living today, 1 to 4 percent of their genome has Neanderthal origins.) http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/21/s...sooner-than-some-thought-study-says.html?_r=0

BwtpkYJIcAAy7MS.jpg

7776334_f248.jpg

Attachments

• BwtpkYJIcAAy7MS.jpg
    BwtpkYJIcAAy7MS.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 736
Based on the latest posted photo of Drug, I'd say the mindless slaughter of buttercups has ceased as a source for hair colouring. He has certainly aged, facially, in the last couple of months, but looking after intractable children will do that to you. I do find it odd that he is looking so drawn and haggard. With his obvious weight gain his face should have filled in, not withered. Ford genes - thank God they interbreed and haven't tainted the general populous.

I wonder if with the new poll numbers, Doug is starting to tighten the money tap and the campaign is starting to run on empty.

I imagine that they didn't make as much as they'd hoped selling bobbleheads, and that the fundraiser wasn't as big a success as they'd hoped.

Could Rob Ford run out of gas on the last lap?

See now that's what I wanna know - those bobbleheads - fords told everyone all proceeds went to the hospital. But is it the other swag they sold that they tried to make money from?

I'm not getting audio? Is it just me ?

Hmm, audio seems ok here, which you definitely need in order to hear Rofo's whiny "Joohn" when he landed the only sorta hit IMO in the debate. Something about "But how much money did you save John". After that it became MINO pummeling everyone's fist with his face. Metaphorically speaking.

If he's willing to move to Moscow, he'd probably find his resume will play will with Putin.

I just got back from there. I stay out of their politics. Rob and Doug are more than enough for me to concern myself with! ;)

Speaking of which, when I read that Singin' Jimmy had turned in his helmet, I couldn't help but picture in my mind a dank basement somewhere in Etobi - coke where that infamous scene in Downfall was playing out.

"found these is an old album, working hard for the residents of #ward2 since 2000!"
https://twitter.com/MichaelFordTO/status/507655341744865280/photo/1

Last edited:
I just got back from there. I've done a lot travelling, but Russia has always been my favorite place to keep going back to. I stay out of their politics. Rob and Doug are more than enough for me to concern myself with! ;)

Speaking of which, when I read that Singin' Jimmy had turned in his helmet, I couldn't help but picture in my mind a dank basement somewhere in Etobi - coke where that infamous scene in Downfall was playing out.

"....but at least we still have Singin' Jimmy."

"Mein MINO...Singin' Jimmy has defected to Chow's forces."

".....anyone who's last name is not Ford, not on the inner camping team, or named Lisi leave the room...NOW!"

etc etc.

PS. Never been to Russia myself, but I always find it a fascinating place, politics aside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back