1.1K     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
where did you learn this?

nevermind...

As he moved back towards the door, Paul Benoit says he was pushed by a man. Once the two were outside, an altercation took place where Benoit says he was kicked and punched. Benoit was left with a black eye.

Police at 41 Division confirm that 60 year old William Byer (a campaign volunteer) surrendered himself to police yesterday. He has been charged with assault, mischief and one count of theft.

Benoit was released without charges.

http://www.newstalk1010.com/news/20...aid-after-scuffle-at-rob-ford-campaign-office

I don't know if it 'makes sense' -- I were as big as Jerry, I wouldn't want to wedge myself into a compact car everyday. I envision him having something bigger, but who knows.

A friend who's 6'5"/280lbs drives a Toyota Corolla (his second, actually), and does so with the driver's seat nearly pressed against the back passenger seats.

Dougie had this to say "We live in a democratic society. You don’t go out and start barging into people’s campaign offices and disrupt...â€. And in a democratic society it is our right to seek out truths from our politicians, and be secure that we are relatively safe and will not be physically attacked by a deranged Fordite.

In a civilized society you don't beat up people for walking into a campaign office wearing a mask a trying to be a comedian.

Thanks for this article detailing differences in transit plans outlined by Mayoral Candidates.
[url]http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/toronto2014election/2014/09/03/rob_ford_promises_subways_without_a_tax_increase.html [/URL]

*tosses speaky spokey English out the window, kisses teeth HARD*
WAat de bloodclat is Rob Ford tinking?
Studies tak talk talk bout don valley n rouge valley n all dis proteck nature n ecosystem n tree canopy. U all bun dis, me wan subways!
Reports all show approve plans cost dis much n dis much so far. Guvermen nah have money to go spen spend all over de place now. U all bun dis, me wan subways!
Some people a even discuss how LRT a betta for Scarboro cause ground level development connect passengers to local communities truout de area – you a sit n see street level stores, n can jump on n off n dere Centennial College, n it even reach Morningside wow. U still all bun did, me wan subways!
Pure foolishness.
Absolute foolishness.

Lawd.

WHAT base level support in Scarborough and Etobicoke are the news talking about with regards to Rob Ford? Seriously. This plan is ridiculous. Why is he CUTTING Scarborough in half? Where is this subway going through Thorncliffe park coming from and heading toward? How the fuck with the type of development along finch west are you going to dig UNDERNEATH and have it reach Humber College? Is that proposed “future line†by Kipling also parallel to Hwy 427??

This “I’ve done more for everyone in Toronto and am the best thing ever for the all the downandout/black people/immigrants living here†crap is beyond hypocritical because what he is campaigning on is the exact opposite. Is his mindset with using patois so patronizing low that he figures we aren’t going to use our brains and look this up ourselves? Patois is NOT JUST USED for food, clubbing, and hookups to vices. Food (here’s a 20), party (I love the parade), and hookups to vices (done in my “private†time/I’m not perfect/it’s in the pastâ€) SHOULD NOT be how a campaigning politician tries to reach people. Then we’re supposed to stay in our corner and hush while you have your temper tantrums at city hall, or run away from questions, or just aren’t there cuz you’re meeting up with friends on the DL for God knows what. I’m beyond offended.

I want a machine to merge John Tory, Olivia Chow, David Socknacki, and Andray Domise together. That is who I would vote for. At the very least though, Rob Ford has got to go. Enough is enough of all of this mess…

ETA, if me going off in patois to rep the TDOT! was unclear, there is simply this: 10 problems with Rob Ford's transit plan
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/09/03/10-problems-with-rob-fords-transit-plan?token=e296b6289266f603d6ef275bafb28319&utm_source=addThis&utm_medium=addthis_button_twitter&utm_campaign=10+problems+with+Rob+Ford%27s+transit+plan+|+Toronto+%26+GTA+|+News+|+Toronto+Sun#.VAfPoXnN79M.twitter

Love it! Although I hope your composite mayoral candidate has Andray's fashion sense and not Soknacki's!

Black Candidates debate

Hello and Hope you had a great Labour Day Weekend,

Thank you for attending the August 29th Toronto Black Mayoral Forum aired live on CP24 for over 3hrs and segments aired on CTV, CityTV, Global TV, CBC, etc.
If you missed this event you can watch on www.BlackCanadians.com then fill the survey and encourage others to do the same.
We will be having a similar mayoral debate in Brampton on September 26 and confirmed dates will be announced on our www.BlackCanadians.com for Mississauga and Durham Region.

YOU CAN FILL MAYORAL RESPONSE SURVEY / VOTE: CLICK HERE

SEE NEWS REPORT & VIDEO CLIPS FROM THE MAYORAL FORUM CLICK HERE

Thank you once again and remember we are "POWERFUL"

--
Yours Respectfully,
Paul Ade, Executive Director
Diversity Advancement Network
Toronto: 416-900-3640
Twitter: @BlackCanadians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back