1     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 289     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The man has been identified as Paul Benoit by CP24. The Oakville, Ont., man, who grew up in Toronto, runs a website called Crucial Matters. Benoit told CP24 that he was doing some filming for his website near Ford's Scarborough campaign office, located in the Lawrence Avenue East and Warden Avenue area, when he decided to drop in wearing the mask.

"Right before I left (the area), I decided to walk into the office with a Rob Ford mask just as a joke," he said Wednesday night.

[...]

Police said Benoit and another man suffered minor injuries. Benoit was taken into custody but has since been released.

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/man-weari...dy-after-scuffle-at-campaign-office-1.1990072

If Rob drops out - it becomes a VERY interesting race - Socks becomes a factor overnight.

I'll take Tory (and I'll probably vote Tory though I really like Chow) but if Ford is out of the race I''m voting for the "Smart" guy - Soknacki.

would you say you were undecided in a poll, or that you'll be voting tory?

https://twitter.com/itsaconundrum/status/507287714916753408

Posting only a link to this tweet because its attachment is sideways. But worth seeing.

for ease...

Bwo_fOPIgAAU8bi.jpg

Attachments

• Bwo_fOPIgAAU8bi.jpg
    Bwo_fOPIgAAU8bi.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 748
Lisi is probably telling him stuff about your blog and whatever, and Rob's just getting it all mixed up (what's a blog, Dro? I don't even know how to send a text!). Easiest thing his brain could retain: Star reporter!

i think in ford's mind, anyone that says anything bad about him gets labeled a star reporter.

jimmi t... how were you 'presented'? as in, was it a 'look where he is now' (good or bad)? or... ?

Just a rallying point in time to bring some pressure to bear. Its not my baby but I'm trying to hype it. Nathan Phillips Square Sept 29. Try to counter the circus. I'll be coming from Muskoka and I hope to meet a lot of UTerus ( er autcorrect) Uters. A celebration of four more weeks til frod is gone. A play on their own stupid slogan and a chance to be doing something besides bitching on a board.

This day should be non partisan, I picture it as a "Rock the Vote" event. Our best bet to oust ford is to get previously non engaged individuals to vote. That and youth who are just aging into voting. Do students attending campuses in T.O. even know they can vote here? Youth traditionally votes left if they bother at all. I think there is a pent up desire to DO something, anything, to stop ford. This day can be a meet up for those people to meet those who know how best to direct thier efforts. Also it should go into evening to allow day workers to attend. The event can also act as a thank you for those who have been sitting in for months. New thread in Toronto Issues. Please sign up there. No more years!

again, for ease...

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthread.php/20870-Four-More-Weeks-Rally-Monday-September-29th

Hmm, that's interesting. Never heard of this. But you'd figure if there was a link we'd have heard about this guy in the police documents.

not necessarily. what day did brazen 2 officially start? he could have been missing before then. or... maybe he's in project traveller parts we haven't seen?

Wasn't there an article where the sleaze bag who runs these places is quoted? I think he's a friend of Mammo's, I can't find it on line, but I'm sure he was quoted.

i don't think it's been confirmed that she worked for one of those companies. based on where she was hanging out, she sounds like a 'low track' prostitute.

remember the lisi house on 39th street that was for sale? we thought it had sold, but actually...

Did Police Surveillance (or Rob Ford) Scare Away Buyers?

The house went on sale for $749,900 in the fall shortly after police released documents linking the house to the Ford scandal. It was believed the Lisi's parents never lived on the property and neighbours had little complaints about the owners. The city's investigation database reveals that neighbours had filed a complaint that the fence was too high but that matter was resolved. After the renovated house didn't sell, the price was lowered to $699,900 and then later taken off the market. According to the realtor, the listing expired and was never re-listed on MLS. No doubt, we haven't heard the last from this property.

http://toronto.curbed.com/archives/...alow-linked-to-the-rob-ford-crack-scandal.php

Will Work for Crack: Rob Ford's Illegal Unpaid Internship Scam

Back in 2010 the first press that this blog got was for covering the comments of Nick Kouvalis, Rob Ford's then Campaign Manager, who boasted about underpaying staffers when he said: "I wanted young kids because I could pay them nothing and they would do what I told them to. I paid them $500 a week and I wanted 60 or 70 hours a week out of them." That statement was a clear admission that the Rob Ford campaign was breaking the minimum wage rules under Ontario's Employment Standards Act, 2000 ("ESA").

Fast forward to 2014 and Ford is back at it with more wage theft, employee misclassification, and flaunting his ability to violate the ESA. Jeff Corbett, the Rob Ford campaign's Intern Coordinator, confirmed to me this afternoon on a telephone call that the Rob Ford campaign is actively recruiting unpaid interns.

http://www.youthandwork.ca/2014/09/will-work-for-crack-rob-fords-illegal.html

I've seen that car there quite a few times, usually during the day time. (I too use Edenbridge as a training loop, especially now that it's been freshly paved). I had wondered if it was Renata's parents' car, but Jerry's car makes sense.

http://instagram.com/p/sfmpiSIRh-/

I don't know if it 'makes sense' -- I were as big as Jerry, I wouldn't want to wedge myself into a compact car everyday. I envision him having something bigger, but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back