226     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 460     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 1.4K     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone here knows the answer to your question, but since the countdown to the end of the Ford era has started, let's preserve for posterity the principles of Ford family spin, when faced with a difficult question:

1 -- Ignore the premise of the question -- answering it honestly will only make Team Ford look bad.

2 -- Instead, assert a bunch of nonsense that is tangentially related to the question.

3 -- If that is not enough, attack any of the people related to the original question who form "the other side."

3A -- If an election campaign is running, link "the other side" to a candidate. Note: evidence for this claim is not necessary.

4 -- If *that* is not enough, attack the media for asking the question.

5 -- If **that** is not enough, give random and off-topic props to Rob.

Let's apply these principles:

"Doug, there was an incident at your brother's campaign office yesterday, and William Byer, a campaign volunteer, was charged by police with one count each of assault, mischief and theft. Given that he is facing criminal charges related to working on the campaign, is the campaign going to suspend or dismiss William Byer?"

1 and 2 -- "Let's get one thing straight -- Rob's got the most loyal, hardworking campaign staff that ever was. These folks are stand-up guys and that's why we love 'em."

3 and 3A -- "But, you know, you got these kooks out there, who have the nerve to walk into an office that's open to the public and say hello. That's disgusting. It's too bad about this, if someone got hurt, my heart bleeds for them, but at the end of the day it's their own fault. And I'd be interested to know whether this kook is working for John Tory or for Olivia Chow."

4 -- Addressing Don/Ann/Daniel: "You know, you guys in the media, you've had it in for Rob since day one, so it's no surprise that you're attacking him again."

5 -- "But Rob's doing great, he's lost a ton of weight, he can't wait to get out there and debate these other candidates any place, any time."

Mikey -- You're welcome.

~~~

P.S. -- For the sake of clarity, these are not actual statements by Doug, I made them up. But, errr, yeah, that's what he's going to be saying.

Sounds about right. He can't move to Chicago soon enough.

I don't know if it 'makes sense' -- I were as big as Jerry, I wouldn't want to wedge myself into a compact car everyday. I envision him having something bigger, but who knows.

Could be as simple as Renata's parents got a new car. Their mini-SUV was pretty old, IIRC

Yup, my brother beats his wife on a regular basis. No big deal.

reporterdonpeat 11:41am via iOS
"The 60-year-old man had to step up to the plate. I congratulate him for doing it" Doug Ford on charged volunteer.

Looks like he's not supporting front line officers:

Don Peat @reporterdonpeat · 8m
"I love our police but did they get it wrong this time? Absolutely they got it wrong" Doug Ford on charged volunteer

Don Peat @reporterdonpeat · 6m
"I support him for standing up, protecting women and seniors" Doug Ford on volunteer charged with assault

Doug reaction is just what the other campaigns wanted to hear! Now they can say that the Ford campaign condones assault.

Looks like he's not supporting front line officers:

Don Peat @reporterdonpeat · 8m
"I love our police but did they get it wrong this time? Absolutely they got it wrong" Doug Ford on charged volunteer

Don Peat @reporterdonpeat · 6m
"I support him for standing up, protecting women and seniors" Doug Ford on volunteer charged with assault

Protecting people? Seriously?

Dude with the mask on was an idiot for wearing the mask in the campaign office, but he left right away and that should have been the end of the story. There was no need for the campaign worker to follow him out and hit and kick him.

I'm glad there's video of this showing what happened. The news stations should play Doug's remarks followed by the video to show what a lying asshat he is.

Protecting people? Seriously?

Dude with the mask on was an idiot for wearing the mask in the campaign office, but he left right away and that should have been the end of the story. There was no need for the campaign worker to follow him out and hit and kick him.

I'm glad there's video of this showing what happened. The news stations should play Doug's remarks followed by the video to show what a lying asshat he is.

Doug is an idiot. He's come undone. Is Rob still doing the debate?

Could be as simple as Renata's parents got a new car. Their mini-SUV was pretty old, IIRC
That car is old, too. I'm a bit miffed at myself for not being able to identify what make/model it is, but I'd be shocked if it were a model year newer than 2005, just by the design. I'm gonna ask my brother, he'll probably know. (My dad also would have been able to tell me. :(). Though if the old CRV died maybe they just took another 'new' used car.

Doug reaction is just what the other campaigns wanted to hear! Now they can say that the Ford campaign condones assault.
They could've said that and more already with the Lisi reference letter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back