116     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 962     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 876     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random question, but could there be riots by Ford supporters if/when he loses? Some people will be very angry.

Someone said on Twitter that they thought a lot of them could blame Doug for that.

Probably no, though maybe I should say I hope not. Rofo stoked and riled some ugly emotions on that last FrodFest, and things could've become a lot uglier than they were already. Then again I think I have an idea just how much the Kanadian Kennedys actually love Toronto and Canada for that matter.

casita said:
I believe Doug will be returning to Chicago after the election?

And that' sums it up quite nicely.

Song "Take Me to the River" and McDonald's "Give Me That Fish" Commercial: Found!!!

Pud - Two thoughts:

One - "Take me to the river - drop me in the water" (Apologies to the Talking Heads)

Two - "Give me that fish!!!" (That early 2000s McDonald's Filet-O-Fish commercial)

I got a kick out of this one knowing how loyal JW has been to RF...LI MIKE

Everyone - Updating my earlier thoughts about this picture:

One - McDonald's "Freddie the Fish" Commercial - This one is a variation that I had not previously seen
and I practically fell on the floor watching this - Definitely one of the funnier commercials of the 2000s...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=f071AfSf9rE

Two - SL: Thank you for posting Al Green's mid 70s version of "Take Me to the River" - That was the
original and the Talking Heads 1978 version was actually a cover that became a rock radio hit that year...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ar2VHW1i2w

YouTube can be a wealth of information when you can use it...LI MIKE

Last edited:
Rob keep saying he's going to get money from the province for these subways. Do the people of Toronto understand that the GTA represents about 50% of the population of Ontario?

Where do they think the Province of Ontario is getting all this money to fund Subways?

(I'll give you a hint: it starts with T and ends with O)

Rob keeps saying that phrase, "There is only one taxpayer." I do not think it means what he thinks it means.

It's a pretty consistent pattern. He thinks that if you take money from public facilities, leading to increased user fees, you are saving taxpayers money.
And he thinks that if you have a revenue tool or a municipal tax then taxpayers are paying those (at least some of the time) but when the federal and provincial government chip in, that's not TAXPAYERS footing the bill, that's just Stephen Harper and Kathleen Wynne going to visit the local leprechaun and borrowing some of his gold. Totally different.

Sometimes it's embarrassing to watch.

Last edited:
So wait, you're saying that leprechauns aren't real? I'm pretty sure Rob has seen a few.

If Rob drops out - it becomes a VERY interesting race - Socks becomes a factor overnight.

I'll take Tory (and I'll probably vote Tory though I really like Chow) but if Ford is out of the race I''m voting for the "Smart" guy - Soknacki.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link Pud99 but it was something else that expounded on all his decorations, it was a BEAUT post, comedy gold, several others commented, hope this jogs their mind.

..and it did , thanks so much for anamitronic's EPIC post and thanks to nohostages for finding it.

Quote Originally Posted by animatronic View Post
It appears to be the desert tans of the FNVEF (Ford Nation Volunteer Expeditionary Force).

The beret is CF Military Police (MP). The Canadian Forces button on the cap is handed out to kids at parades (here it is taking the place of a hat badge). The spare lid looks like a standard US army ball cap. The shirt is from the Canadian Army summer uniform that was discontinued in 1996. The epaulets are CF army standard, with what looks to be a unique arrangement of officer's pips - perhaps he holds the rank of Captain (slanted). The City of Toronto pin on the left epaulet is not part of any Commonwealth dress regulation. The shorts appear to have been acquired at no cost to the Crown, most likely via a haberdasher such as Sears or Zellers.

While not believed to be large in number, the FNVEF make up for their lack of organization, direction and training with barely-contained rage against the system, a fierce loyalty to their leader and a healthy supply of Depends.

Last edited:

This is the kind of thing that makes me thing that Warmington must be the subject of mockery in the newsroom and persona non grata after the election. The Sun isn't just soft-pedaling how stupid Ford is. They've been actively slamming him and asking him to resign ever since the chief confirmed the video. Two years ago, this article would have been unimaginable.

This is the kind of thing that makes me thing that Warmington must be the subject of mockery in the newsroom and persona non grata after the election. The Sun isn't just soft-pedaling how stupid Ford is. They've been actively slamming him and asking him to resign ever since the chief confirmed the video. Two years ago, this article would have been unimaginable.

The Sun has always had a strong newsroom - just that it gets overshadowed by their columnists and their byline-writers.

Thanks for this article detailing differences in transit plans outlined by Mayoral Candidates.
[url]http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/toronto2014election/2014/09/03/rob_ford_promises_subways_without_a_tax_increase.html [/URL]

*tosses speaky spokey English out the window, kisses teeth HARD*
WAat de bloodclat is Rob Ford tinking?
Studies tak talk talk bout don valley n rouge valley n all dis proteck nature n ecosystem n tree canopy. U all bun dis, me wan subways!
Reports all show approve plans cost dis much n dis much so far. Guvermen nah have money to go spen spend all over de place now. U all bun dis, me wan subways!
Some people a even discuss how LRT a betta for Scarboro cause ground level development connect passengers to local communities truout de area – you a sit n see street level stores, n can jump on n off n dere Centennial College, n it even reach Morningside wow. U still all bun did, me wan subways!
Pure foolishness.
Absolute foolishness.

Lawd.

WHAT base level support in Scarborough and Etobicoke are the news talking about with regards to Rob Ford? Seriously. This plan is ridiculous. Why is he CUTTING Scarborough in half? Where is this subway going through Thorncliffe park coming from and heading toward? How the fuck with the type of development along finch west are you going to dig UNDERNEATH and have it reach Humber College? Is that proposed “future line†by Kipling also parallel to Hwy 427??

This “I’ve done more for everyone in Toronto and am the best thing ever for the all the downandout/black people/immigrants living here†crap is beyond hypocritical because what he is campaigning on is the exact opposite. Is his mindset with using patois so patronizing low that he figures we aren’t going to use our brains and look this up ourselves? Patois is NOT JUST USED for food, clubbing, and hookups to vices. Food (here’s a 20), party (I love the parade), and hookups to vices (done in my “private†time/I’m not perfect/it’s in the pastâ€) SHOULD NOT be how a campaigning politician tries to reach people. Then we’re supposed to stay in our corner and hush while you have your temper tantrums at city hall, or run away from questions, or just aren’t there cuz you’re meeting up with friends on the DL for God knows what. I’m beyond offended.

I want a machine to merge John Tory, Olivia Chow, David Socknacki, and Andray Domise together. That is who I would vote for. At the very least though, Rob Ford has got to go. Enough is enough of all of this mess…

ETA, if me going off in patois to rep the TDOT! was unclear, there is simply this: 10 problems with Rob Ford's transit plan
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/09/03/10-problems-with-rob-fords-transit-plan?token=e296b6289266f603d6ef275bafb28319&utm_source=addThis&utm_medium=addthis_button_twitter&utm_campaign=10+problems+with+Rob+Ford%27s+transit+plan+|+Toronto+%26+GTA+|+News+|+Toronto+Sun#.VAfPoXnN79M.twitter

Isn't Wormington overseas right now?

The Sun has always had a strong newsroom - just that it gets overshadowed by their columnists and their byline-writers.

Even SAL is being more critical of Ford now last I saw. The problem is that they still insist on putting Wormington stories on the front.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back