232     0 
News   Aug 07, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Aug 07, 2024
 1K     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking through the Code of Conduct to see if there is anything in there about attendance (there isn't), and it amazed me that the Fords have broken almost every single item in there at one point or another.

And Ford's bravado that is not worried about media needs to be accompanied by a shot of him running out the back door of a restaurant. Pathetic human beings and sadly I think Warmington is the more pathetic of the two.

Warmington would write that Ford was "looking forward to chatting with the kitchen staff" and "checking on the homeless people in the alley". Plus, he wanted to use the "real people's exit" and not make a big scene at the front door like some Rosedale elitist.

As for W cleaning up the quotes, that is standard practice (of course he takes it to the illogical extreme). There was a good article a few years ago comparing how different news outlets attempted to parse Chrétien's mangled English so that it sounded coherent.

Warmington would write that Ford was "looking forward to chatting with the kitchen staff" and "checking on the homeless people in the alley". Plus, he wanted to use the "real people's exit" and not make a big scene at the front door like some Rosedale elitist.

As for W cleaning up the quotes, that is standard practice (of course he takes it to the illogical extreme). There was a good article a few years ago comparing how different news outlets attempted to parse Chrétien's mangled English so that it sounded coherent.

Or checking out the garbage collection situation.

In Ford's case the proof certainly is the proof. And when you have a good proof it's because it's proven.

Not to mention the 80 proof that Ford was guzzling before driving to various events.

it's breath-taking how quickly the wheels are falling off here. doug telling the (taxpayer!) father of an autistic child to "go to hell?" rob hiding from the press? shirtless protests?

in the pre-rehab days, we used to go through cycles like things where things would heat up really fast, and then rob was usually on another bender by the weekend.

i think i'm pushing the date on my vote for another public intoxication. at this rate, we'll have one in 2 weeks.

I'm a little surprised that Doug hasn't accused Killoran of being a pedophile. He runs around half naked and spends his days with impressionable teenagers. How could he not be?

A couple of Twitter trolls are suggesting Killoran had been shirtless since Pride and 'OMG people like teach kids and are overpaid Liberal supporters, etc.'. But I guess Doug went with the 'no shirt = can't afford own shirt = must be some kind of collectivist pinko who shares clothes & today was not his day to wear the shirt'.

it's breath-taking how quickly the wheels are falling off here. doug telling the (taxpayer!) father of an autistic child to "go to hell?" rob hiding from the press? shirtless protests?

in the pre-rehab days, we used to go through cycles like things where things would heat up really fast, and then rob was usually on another bender by the weekend.

i think i'm pushing the date on my vote for another public intoxication. at this rate, we'll have one in 2 weeks.

Doug is clearly his biggest trigger. Bet $100 Doug made him:

Go to "rehab"
Wear that dumbass red boobie shirt
Campaign immediatey after that "speech"
Sit down with media (thinking rob wouldn't fuck it up)
Hit parades
Etc....

Rob may say dumb shit when he's hammered but Doug is sober and he says and does evil shit.

I agree - the pressure from Doug probably ranting at Rob in a mix of contempt for both the media and Rob himself will trigger maybe his last binge.

I can see MoFo and DoFo belittling the others for not working the plan right.

My favourite bit of the Wormington interview is at the top, where Rob admits he didn't show up at work until the afternoons because he was hungover. Hardest-working mayor ever, eh Doug? Never seen the mayor drink, eh Doug? Constituency meetings? Riiiight.

@Yaitsme... "red boobie t-shirt." LOL. You're killing me, here.

A couple of Twitter trolls are suggesting Killoran had been shirtless since Pride and 'OMG people like teach kids and are overpaid Liberal supporters, etc.'. But I guess Doug went with the 'no shirt = can't afford own shirt = must be some kind of collectivist pinko who shares clothes & today was not his day to wear the shirt'.

Dude's just mad that Joe doesn't have giant man boobs like his brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back