5K     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 592     5 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 629     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another waste of council's time. More regulations needed to get around the Fords' breach of ethics.

ddale8 Jul 03, 9:40am via Twitter Web Client
Paula Fletcher tables a motion to require all city hall press conferences to allow all press gallery members in: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2014.MM54.13

All things considered, pretty spectacularly awful, isn't it, this waste of time. When it's all over, there will be no comfort at all in saying "I told you so" to all of the Ford supporters who did this damage, but we can learn something. The four years of FordMess will inform future election campaigns.

At this time we have cause for some optimism in the shirtless jogger types, and other good citizens. I'm certain we will take Toronto out of the hands of the brainless types.

I wonder why Doug has a photo of the Blues Brothers behind him. Does he like them? It's like being a teenager again and finding out your parents like the same bands as you do.

just guessing, but...
rob-doug-blues-brothers.jpg

http://www.torontolife.com/informer/random-stuff-informer/2012/09/18/rob-ford-doug-blues-brothers/

Attachments

• rob-doug-blues-brothers.jpg
    rob-doug-blues-brothers.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 759
Doug commenting on the man with an autistic child who is bringing an Integrity Commission complaint against him--

“He can go to hell, I don’t even care,” Ford told the Toronto Sun on Thursday when asked about the integrity complaint. “I’m working with the Griffin Centre, I’m working with my community the way I should.”

reporterdonpeat 7:36am via Hootsuite
“It is a full out jihad against us right now" Doug Ford - Rob Ford's brother & campaign manager. http://ow.ly/yMl9c

Last edited:
Mammo commenting on his $80,000 fundraiser payout despite the fact the event was planned months before he knew he needed surgery--

reporterdonpeat 7:54am via Hootsuite
“How can anyone have done anything wrong that was in a hospital bed with his head carved open?” Giorgio Mammoliti. http://ow.ly/yMmPa

Doug commenting on the man with an autistic child who is bringing an Integrity Commission complaint against him--

“He can go to hell, I don’t even care,” Ford told the Toronto Sun on Thursday when asked about the integrity complaint. “I’m working with the Griffin Centre, I’m working with my community the way I should.”

reporterdonpeat 7:36am via Hootsuite
“It is a full out jihad against us right now" Doug Ford - Rob Ford's brother & campaign manager. http://ow.ly/yMl9c

AND (for clarity if anyone didn't know>>>
“He can go to hell, I don’t even care" Doug Ford on latest integrity commissioner complaint against him
(The integrity commissioner is Janet Leiper, SHE had been there as long as Doug has been on council, Doug would know the Integrity Commissioner is a woman.)

Something doesn't jive with the Ford quotes in Warmington's article. Listen to every instance of Rob Ford speaking in public and then compare those short, choppy sentences and fragments thereof to the words attributed to him this time round.

And what bugs me more than that? What kind of parent invites media as an excuse to ignore his child? Good on the other parents for staying out of the camera frame!

It's easy to cut up the Sun for its infantile, one-word paragraphs but the sincere fact of the matter is that Warmington does not how to use quotes. He always quotes things in a choppy one-word manner. If I interview Jose Bautista I don't need to say that he felt "healthy" and that the team was doing "well." You only need a quote for something like, "This time is on fire right now and we believe in ourselves." But Warmington will quote that he was was "hoping to play tomorrow" and "feeling optimistic." It's not like Ford is putting together coherent, long-winded thoughts but mostly this is just Warmington's poorly developed style.

And Ford's bravado that is not worried about media needs to be accompanied by a shot of him running out the back door of a restaurant. Pathetic human beings and sadly I think Warmington is the more pathetic of the two.

AND (for clarity if anyone didn't know>>>
“He can go to hell, I don’t even care" Doug Ford on latest integrity commissioner complaint against him
(The integrity commissioner is Janet Leiper, SHE had been there as long as Doug has been on council, Doug would know the Integrity Commissioner is a woman.)

I took it as he was saying that about the father.

I thought Doug was referring to the father (who is supporting someone with a serious medical condition). Expanded quote from the Peat article:

Lenathen wants Ford to provide an immediate public apology to the Griffin Centre, enter a sensitivity training program and resign his council seat.

“He can go to hell, I don’t even care,†Ford told the Toronto Sun on Thursday when asked about the integrity complaint. “I’m working with the Griffin Centre, I’m working with my community the way I should.â€

Presenting Doug Ford: Best. Camping. Manager. Ever.

Ford — who is the mayor’s campaign manager — argued that the integrity complaints and ongoing freedom of information requests focused on himself and his brother were “politically motivated.”

“This is not normal in democracy,” Ford said. “They are going after us for (Doug Ford) Park - they are pulling out (freedom of information requests) … I’m thinking you’ve got to be kidding me.

“It is a full out jihad against us right now.”

Lenathen handed out copies of his complaint and Leiper’s response to reporters at City Hall as he tried to get a response directly from Ford.
He stressed autistic children aren’t problems for neighbourhoods.

“They don’t go and pee in the park like (Ford’s) brother,” Lenathen said.

Presenting Doug Ford: Best. Camping. Manager. Ever.

Ford — who is the mayor’s campaign manager — argued that the integrity complaints and ongoing freedom of information requests focused on himself and his brother were “politically motivated.”

“This is not normal in democracy,” Ford said. “They are going after us for (Doug Ford) Park - they are pulling out (freedom of information requests) … I’m thinking you’ve got to be kidding me.

“It is a full out jihad against us right now.”

Lenathen handed out copies of his complaint and Leiper’s response to reporters at City Hall as he tried to get a response directly from Ford.
He stressed autistic children aren’t problems for neighbourhoods.

“They don’t go and pee in the park like (Ford’s) brother,” Lenathen said.

Nice shot. I guess peeing in the park is part of the Ford disease, though, so that's excused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back