5.3K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 745     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea when lawyers will be in court to go after the rest of the ITO's?

Also, now that the video has been publicly described in the search warrant, could it not be released?

reporterdonpeat 8:11pm via Web
Quite the contrast: Premier Alison Redford resigns over expenses while Rob Ford runs for re-election in midst of crack scandal.

Any idea when lawyers will be in court to go after the rest of the ITO's?

Also, now that the video has been publicly described in the search warrant, could it not be released?

I believe Jacobson said Mar 28, week Friday. Should be interesting if it includes what was uncovered on iCloud.

I'll bet they never thought he'd go so far. He was on council first. That's considered the lowest job on the totem pole for politics. It was a natural fit considering that he had the connections to win. But who knew this guy would appeal to voters enough to be Mayor?

I suspect when it did begin to look like that, this was when Doug decided he'd better run for council to maintain control over the loose cannon brother. It's amazing to me that Rob, a grown man, cannot do a single interview without his brother speaking for him.

What's amazing that in trying to control the situation, Doug has come off as the bigger douche of the two.
uh huh..rather than "awesome, we won! this is so great! Can't wait to get to work!" it may have been "holy crap they bought that shit we spewed...whada we do now?...keep it rollin' I guess...holy crap...pour me another vodka - DOUG! GARAGE! BAKER TIME!"

Rob Ford is like that kid at school that everyone thinks is weird. You don't want to make fun of him, but he makes it too easy.

Here he is - after the media scrum. https://vine.co/v/Mh0H99DtL1h
Go ahead, laugh. He wants us to.

I gotta hand it to him though. For a guy his size and in his condition and considering the amount of stuff he has ingested, he is pretty agile.

Question: Can trusts pay dividends to beneficiaries as opposed to straight interest? That would be advantageous from an income tax point of view, no? I'm thinking about the ability to gross-up dividend income. (And this relates to RoFo's Toronto because, uh.... umm.... It shows he's not a regular guy like the rest of us!)

Yes, a trust that receives dividend income can distribute that income to beneficiaries so that the beneficiaries will be taxed on the basis of receiving dividends.

Income, whether in the form of interest or dividends, that is not distributed from a trust during the year is taxed in the trust at a flat - and high - rate. Income that is distributed from the trust during the year to beneficiaries is taxed in the hands of the beneficiaries at the same rate as if they had received in directly from the ultimate source, rather than from the trust.

For example, if a trust receives $50,000 of interest income and the trustees distribute $25,000 to kid A who has no other income and $25,000 to kid B who already makes $100,000 a year, the result will be that kid A will pay tax on $25,000 at the lowest marginal rate and kid B will pay tax on $25,000 at the highest marginal rate. Or, if the $50,000 is received by the trust as dividend income and the trustees make the same distributions, kid A and kid B will be taxed as if receiving dividends - on the gross up and credit basis used for dividends - and the result in the end again will be that kid B will end up paying more tax on his/her $25,000 from the trust than kid A will pay on his/her $25,000 from the trust.

Last edited:
uh huh..rather than "awesome, we won! this is so great! Can't wait to get to work!" it may have been "holy crap they bought that shit we spewed...whada we do now?...keep it rollin' I guess...holy crap...pour me another vodka - DOUG! GARAGE! BAKER TIME!"
sorry, or...ROB! GARAGE! BAKER TIME!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back