5.2K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 739     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The plot isn't thickening regarding Det.-Const. Fernandes. He was an undercover officer. It's mentioned in the ITO. He bought pot from Bahrami at the dry cleaners. The ITO says "At 6:55pm, GIROUX received information from Detective Thierry GRIALDI. During the drug transaction the UC (undercover officer) witnessed BAHRAMI place money from the drug purchase into an envelope and had the UC sign it. The UC believes that this was done because LISI does not trust BAHRAMI."
edit: rightwingSUVdriver beat me to it :)

I'm not sure that would discourage anyone with a Ford Nation membership, but the donation page (with the form to enter one's credit card number and other personal details) is on an unencrypted, non-https page.

http://www.robfordformayor.ca/donate-25/

And his photos page features 'Mayor Ford on Jimmy Kimmel,' as if his public humiliation on American late-night TV was something to be proud about.

Interesting to note that Toronto Mayor Rob Ford on Jimmy Kimmel Live PART 1 presently has 1,974,094 views on YouTube. The most popular video on the Ford Nation YouTube channel is Ford Nation - Ep 4 - Kevin Spacey at 128,858 views. The next most popular video is Rob Ford brings his show online (posted Jan. 29) with 43,845 views.

Olivia Chow for mayor (posted Mar 12) has 22,034 views.

John Tory for mayor (posted Feb 24) has 1,245 views.

Last edited:
I am totally impressed by the depth of knowledge about the case from posters on this forum. If the TPS ever comes across a stumbling block or has trouble connecting the dots, they should definitely come here for a helping hand!:)

If the implications of him being involved with Lisi in drug trafficking are true, this actually all makes sense, or at least provides a motive.... he's doing it to get money that his family won't give him. But if his family knows he's so untrustworthy then why would they ever choose him as the flag bearer of their political aspirations?

Whatever money Rob may/may not be getting from Deco or his father's estate, he is still pulling in $170K+ as the Crack Mayor. I'm still standing by my guess that the shabby house is due to lazy indifference rather than poverty!

As for money being a motive for trafficking, I doubt it's the main thing. If it's true that Ford was in it for more than just buying for his own needs, I suspect it was more about Ford feeling important and cool than about getting $$. It could have started innocently enough - Lisi asks Ford to front him some cash for a deal because he's short. He promises to cut him in on the profits (i.e., pay him back with a little interest or free drugs). Ford does it to help a friend out/keep his dealer happy, but he also enjoys feeling kind of powerful. Eventually they're partners, with Lisi buying and selling and Ford bankrolling.

Ford seems to really care about street cred, indeed he seems desperate for it - the patois incident, the hanging with gang members, the incident at the strip club when he was a councillor. Being the silent partner of a local dealer seems right up his alley.

I am totally impressed by the depth of knowledge about the case from posters on this forum. If the TPS ever comes across a stumbling block or has trouble connecting the dots, they should definitely come here for a helping hand!:)

In all seriousness, I would expect that TPS has someone watching this thread. The I Hate The War On Rob Ford Facebook group had some postings recently that mentioned this thread in general and MetroMan in particular, so they are keeping tabs too.

Face it, the only people in Toronto who aren't reading this are Rob and Doug themselves.

They've probably been here :)

Whatever money Rob may/may not be getting from Deco or his father's estate, he is still pulling in $170K+ as the Crack Mayor. I'm still standing by my guess that the shabby house is due to lazy indifference rather than poverty!

As for money being a motive for trafficking, I doubt it's the main thing. If it's true that Ford was in it for more than just buying for his own needs, I suspect it was more about Ford feeling important and cool than about getting $$. It could have started innocently enough - Lisi asks Ford to front him some cash for a deal because he's short. He promises to cut him in on the profits (i.e., pay him back with a little interest or free drugs). Ford does it to help a friend out/keep his dealer happy, but he also enjoys feeling kind of powerful. Eventually they're partners, with Lisi buying and selling and Ford bankrolling.

Ford seems to really care about street cred, indeed he seems desperate for it - the patois incident, the hanging with gang members, the incident at the strip club when he was a councillor. Being the silent partner of a local dealer seems right up his alley.

Definitely plausible. I wonder how if this ties in somehow with the murder rant vid. It's been bugging me since it came out but I think knowing the context and the target of that vid will clear up a lot of questions.

I'm not sure that would discourage anyone with a Ford Nation membership, but the donation page (with the form to enter one's credit card number and other personal details) is on an unencrypted, non-https page.

http://www.robfordformayor.ca/donate-25/
I just noticed that every link on Ford's front page goes through adwat.ch. The same links on subsequent pages do not. It looks like Bozo the webmaster err... the Best Computer Guy in Canada used a bad wordpress theme and basically let it hijack the site for cheap clicks.

No, no, don't do that! If it was intentional then it's a harebrained scheme that won't work. If the site was hacked or diverted somehow, we'd definitely don't want the Ford team to know about it. Either way, Ford Nation will have a hard time donating to the campaign! Sweet!

Oh, Probably between here and the Twitter junction, some enterprising journo has presented this to an editor. Probably not FP material, but local sections at least. Which will be almost as fun as the Sun's Cover tomorrow. My guess: Either "Rhino Blasty" or "What Is Your Mayor Malfunction?"

In all seriousness, I would expect that TPS has someone watching this thread. The I Hate The War On Rob Ford Facebook group had some postings recently that mentioned this thread in general and MetroMan in particular, so they are keeping tabs too.

"IMO Rob has been the victim of an attempted frameup orchestrated by organized crime ( 'Ndrangheta families ) and furthermore it is my belief (I don't have proof) that Bill Blair is connected to these 'Ndrangheta crime families (which would explain why you never see any mob arrests in Toronto like you do in Montreal). I will go even further to state that I believe that the 'Ndrangheta control the Liberal Party of Ontario and that they have received a big cuts from the various McWynnety scames, e.g. Ornge, Green Energy Act, Gas Plant cancellations , e-health, etc."

I can't with these people. They've seriously lost touch with all reason and will cook up any conspiracy to absolve Ford of responsibility for his own choices and behaviour.

I just noticed that every link on Ford's front page goes through adwat.ch. The same links on subsequent pages do not. It looks like Bozo the webmaster err... the Best Computer Guy in Canada used a bad wordpress theme and basically let it hijack the site for cheap clicks.

for FF users hunt down RequestPolicy Add On... Exposure to all this type of crap will only ever be your own fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back