5.4K     6 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 753     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of the other kids could do it. Doug got in by name recognition and is basically toxic to the electorate now.

•Doug Ford, Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s brother, sold hashish for several years in the 1980s.
•Another brother, Randy, was also involved in the drug trade and was once charged in relation to a drug-related kidnapping.
•Their sister, Kathy, has been the victim of drug-related gun violence.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...y-with-drug-dealing/article12153014/?page=all

That leaves little Robbie.

Last edited:
Because he's electable. He only ran for council in the first place because he was a washout in the family business. He won and managed to keep himself popular enough to win again.

None of the other kids could do it. Doug got in by name recognition and is basically toxic to the electorate now. He's like Dick Cheney, the nasty one with zero charm.

Yep.

As the 'baby' (and an unplanned one at that, per the mother's 'interview' with LeDrew), it is quite possible that Rob is not a trustee, and as a heroin addict for many years (to mention nothing else, such as failing the lie detector test), as well as being the daughter of am 'old school guy', it is also quite possible that Kathy is not a trustee either.
This globe article says all but Kathy.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...f-average-guy-mayor-rob-ford/article15574327/

Safer bet for the family finances than flag-bearer for DECO?

DECO's loss is now Toronto's loss.

then how is it that one of the Basso family has been reportedly working there for 8-10 years? They're all wrapped up in all kinds of questionable affairs. From Kathy to Randy and DoFo/Rofo - all the "offspring" went wrong. You don't stay safe from that, it simply becomes your reality in all affairs and then the norm...you would have to become somewhat non-reactional after some time

Bingo

Though Rob is a trustee. It's mom and all the kids except Cathy. As you stated though, it's mainly for tax reasons and the real control is no doubt with the mother as partner/proxy of the Old man. Doug is no doubt a significant controller/ decision maker because of his success managing the business. Just because Randy and Rob are trustees doesn't mean they get much in the way of cash at present. I highly doubt they are central to management or decision making either.

I should have added - but sometimes the 'clueless/dangerous/etc. kid' is made a trustee too, so long as he/she is solidily outvoted, just so as not to add to his/her burden of being the 'clueless/dangerous/etc. kid'.

I'm not seeing that, but I am seeing that it's all about respect for the taxpayers.

You gotta dig around. Click on "become a volunteer" and it will take you to "have any woman you want". Or "Accomplishment", but that only happened the second time around.

This is priceless! I'm wondering if someone hacked into the website. :)

Don't let the Ford campaign know about this!:)

I'm guessing;

It was Rat Lisi who beat on the Basos with his Baton (not a firearm as that would breach him).

That Anthony Smith was present at the "Crack Vid" shoot.

The Bassos have a pool table in the basement that RoFo passed-out upon.

A.Smith "ring-led" the humiliation-pics of RoF passed-out upon the pool table.

A.Smith tried to ransom the vid/pics (remember DoF's "extortionists" on the radio?)

I hope the pathetic reject Ford isn't culpable for TO's sake. A retard (SIC) Killer Mayor would be a hard image to shake ON THE WORLD stage.

I should have added - but sometimes the 'clueless/dangerous/etc. kid' is made a trustee too, so long as he/she is solidily outvoted, just so as not to add to his/her burden of being the 'clueless/dangerous/etc. kid'.
That's how I see it. I think Randy and Rob are trustees so as to include them and not directly insult their reliability but I think Mom and Doug are the voting bloc that runs everything.

You gotta dig around. Click on "become a volunteer" and it will take you to "have any woman you want". Or "Accomplishment", but that only happened the second time around.

Nothing showed up for me.

Looks to be webmaster idiocy to me. When you click volunteer it takes you to the scummy adwat.ch domain where the seduction tips ad appears.

It leaves the robfordformayor.ca domain entirely. That's really incompetent.

But if his family knows he's so untrustworthy then why would they ever choose him as the flag bearer of their political aspirations?

I'll bet they never thought he'd go so far. He was on council first. That's considered the lowest job on the totem pole for politics. It was a natural fit considering that he had the connections to win. But who knew this guy would appeal to voters enough to be Mayor?

I suspect when it did begin to look like that, this was when Doug decided he'd better run for council to maintain control over the loose cannon brother. It's amazing to me that Rob, a grown man, cannot do a single interview without his brother speaking for him.

What's amazing that in trying to control the situation, Doug has come off as the bigger douche of the two.

I'll bet they never thought he'd go so far. He was on council first. That's considered the lowest job on the totem pole for politics. It was a natural fit considering that he had the connections to win. But who knew this guy would appeal to voters enough to be Mayor?

I suspect when it did begin to look like that, this was when Doug decided he'd better run for council to maintain control over the loose cannon brother. It's amazing to me that Rob, a grown man, cannot do a single interview without his brother speaking for him.

What's amazing that in trying to control the situation, Doug has come off as the bigger douche of the two.

Haha, +1, especially the last sentence. The accidental major indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back