849     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 756     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 572     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Church leaders are keeping mum on the topic because its very divisive. Churches are not as big as they use to be and no one wants to accidentally start a internal battle. I get that as a church goer but it makes us look really pathetic to everyone else.
That said I go to church in Ford Nation so maybe I have a bias view.

Yet they invite RoFo to speak at their service. Seems counterproductive.

That was Wendell Brereton (who also ran for mayor in 2010) of the Glorious Faith church. The church Ford attended yesterday is the All Nations Full Gospel Church.

It's really curious that of all the churches in Toronto, he ended up at that one. Of course I realize that not every church in Toronto invited him to speak, but still: what message is he trying to send with that particular choice?

Yet they invite RoFo to speak at their service. Seems counterproductive.

clearly this church sees it as a benefit... my church would be split because there are people whom actually know the ford family personally... and then i assume there would be a bunch of churches which would never condone this behaviour...... As for addressing mental health, that is a very sensitive topic... I think it would be easier to address addiction then mental health. Its easier to say the consistent behaviour and denial is that of someone whom is an addict. There is actually a large church function for men on february 8th which is 100% about fighting addiction personally and or helping those with addictions around you. Someone I know who I know knows Rob said he would ask Rob to go. But Robs in denial and this would be a public admission... So I dont see that happening.

It's really curious that of all the churches in Toronto, he ended up at that one. Of course I realize that not every church in Toronto invited him to speak, but still: what message is he trying to send with that particular choice?

Something along the lines of 'I'm Rob Ford. I show up at your church because I care ... when it's convenient for me. I look like I'm "getting right with God" as you people like to say, and that's good enough for you, right? If you're impressed by that and you don't feel like questioning my record much, vote for me'.

Something along the lines of 'I'm Rob Ford. I show up at your church because I care ... when it's convenient for me. I look like I'm "getting right with God" as you people like to say, and that's good enough for you, right? If you're impressed by that and you don't feel like questioning my record much, vote for me'.

He could do that any church though. Why this one?

He could do that any church though. Why this one?

Maybe he's working his way through a list? Maybe he thinks that if he shows up at enough different churches and acts endearing/humble enough in some way, he'll secure the votes of a bunch of people who mistake token gestures for consideration and who will vote without much regard for anything else about him. I doubt any one church means more to him than any other.

Maybe he's working his way through a list? Maybe he thinks that if he shows up at enough different churches and acts endearing/humble enough in some way, he'll secure the votes of a bunch of people who mistake token gestures for consideration and who will vote without much regard for anything else about him. I doubt any one church means more to him than any other.

I think he is targeting very specific types of churches - it's not about the faith (like it ever was), but the underlying demographic that would be receptive to his messaging.

AoD

I think he is targeting very specific types of churches - it's not about the faith (like it ever was), but the underlying demographic that would be receptive to his messaging.

AoD

Okay, then what demographic would that be and what part of the messaging are they receptive to? 'Hey, Rob Ford lies and cheats and then shows up in church ... just like me! He's got my vote!'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back