860     2 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 771     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 576     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does go well with the Jesus-on-the-cross-suffering schtick that Doug was spouting a while back. Don't know if they could get the old gang back together, but surely they could find time for a "last supper"...

[information already posted elsewhere] My apologies. You can delete my post to clean up the thread if you prefer.

Last edited:
Steve Paikin: "Lieutenant-Governors are appointed by the prime minister. I'm told Chow has been offered the job by Prime Minister Harper [...] I saw Olivia Chow last Friday. I put this scenario to her. She laughed. A very big, very dramatic laugh. The kind of laugh where you're stalling for time. 'That's not a denial, Olivia,' I said to her. She paused, then immediately changed the subject."

http://theagenda.tvo.org/blog/agenda-blogs/heres-how-stephen-harper-can-help-rob-ford

Already posted. Please, we're trying to have all talk on the 2014 mayoral election here. This thread is for Ford news and non-election stuff.

http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showth...tion-Toronto-Mayoral-Race?p=808308#post808308

As someone who goes to church, giving Rob Ford the mic makes Christians look gullible to the world not grace giving as they think they ought to be perceived. It is also distressing that these members seem just happy to have a quasi celebrity in their presence.

Yes, I agree. Was it the United Church that posted the thoughtful article on Friday? I would think church leaders should be speaking out more about addiction and mental health issues involved here. Especially the impact on the family that those issues have, and that we can see within Ford's family.

Yes, I agree. Was it the United Church that posted the thoughtful article on Friday? I would think church leaders should be speaking out more about addiction and mental health issues involved here. Especially the impact on the family that those issues have, and that we can see within Ford's family.

Church leaders are keeping mum on the topic because its very divisive. Churches are not as big as they use to be and no one wants to accidentally start a internal battle. I get that as a church goer but it makes us look really pathetic to everyone else.
That said I go to church in Ford Nation so maybe I have a bias view.

So his re-election bid is now a mission from God? Can the Ford Brothers get Nick Kouvalis, Mark Towhey and the rest of the band back together?

DOUG: "It's ten months until election day. We have a full pack of lies, half a box of fridge magnets, it's dark out and we're wearing rose coloured glasses."
ROB: "Hit it!"

Church leaders are keeping mum on the topic because its very divisive. Churches are not as big as they use to be and no one wants to accidentally start a internal battle. I get that as a church goer but it makes us look really pathetic to everyone else.
That said I go to church in Ford Nation so maybe I have a bias view.

If churches aren't willing to broach the topic of addiction or mental health, could Ford not at least serve as an object lesson on the 9th commandment (and maybe the 5th as well)?

I seem to recall a story about Rob Ford was associating himself with a controversial black minister right before (or maybe soon after) he was elected mayor. What was that about? Anyone remember? I wonder if this minister is with this church that Ford attended.

DOUG: "It's ten months until election day. We have a full pack of lies, half a box of fridge magnets, it's dark out and we're wearing rose coloured glasses."

I hope the reporters contact the guy who took the picture to find out what Ford was saying. Is this the same church he was at a couple of weeks ago?

I seem to recall a story about Rob Ford was associating himself with a controversial black minister right before (or maybe soon after) he was elected mayor. What was that about? Anyone remember? I wonder if this minister is with this church that Ford attended.

That was Wendell Brereton (who also ran for mayor in 2010) of the Glorious Faith church. The church Ford attended yesterday is the All Nations Full Gospel Church.

I wonder who they will get to play Reverend Cleophus James. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back