News   Jul 18, 2024
 297     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 729     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/annhui/status/412990891431710720

and his hotmail lawyer didn't know he was making the apology.

Ann Hui ‏@annhui
Just got off the phone with Mayor Ford's lawyer Dennis Morris. He didn't know mayor had decided to apologize until he heard from reporters.

Mayor Ford's lawyer: "the apology, I don't think, has been shaped by lawyers, as far as I'm aware." He did say they discussed option, though

Apparently Hotmail lawyer (Dennis Morris) didn't know about the apology and doesn't think it was "shaped by lawyers", according to Ann Hui of G&M. Written by Rob with the help of Doug and Diane?

Edited to add: Ah, just beaten to the punch!

RoFo:
"“When I arrived at the corner of my home, very far from the land Mr. Dale advises he was researching a story about, I indeed find that individual beside my fence in the general area my neighbour advised me. This confirmed my fears at the time. I accosted this person as I believed he was a threat to my family. This individual turned out to be Daniel Dale on assignment from the Toronto Star."

He just cannot help himself..............

from Dale's lawyer's notice: "ZoomerMedia and Rob Ford should immediately retract the false and defamatory statements in their entirety, and apologize to Mr. Dale – publicly, abjectly, unreservedly and completely – if they wish to even begin to undo the harm caused by the broadcast of Mr. Ford’s outrageous statements."

Well he did get publicly covered, I wonder how much better Znaimer's lawyers are than Ford's?

/not sure a lawyer had much to do with that apology though. Even "Hotmail Lawyer" would have been able to hit two, maybe three of those points.

*update* HA!

Last edited:
Ya, that's really showing sincerity, apologize because Dale was not bluffing. However, once again, the bully gets called out successfully on their bullshit.

RoFo:
"“When I arrived at the corner of my home, very far from the land Mr. Dale advises he was researching a story about, I indeed find that individual beside my fence in the general area my neighbour advised me. This confirmed my fears at the time. I accosted this person as I believed he was a threat to my family. This individual turned out to be Daniel Dale on assignment from the Toronto Star."

He just cannot help himself..............

How long before the neighbour says 'that's not what I told Ford'?

Also, does the 'apology', coming after Dale's lawyer's deadline as it does, obviate the lawsuit, or can Dale proceed?

I imagine Hotmail Lawyer is currently researching that with the help of Altavista.

This Non-Apology begins: "I want to apologize to Daniel Dale for the way in which the media has interpreted my statements." - and someone here called EXACTLY THAT!! Now who was it so we can all give you a public high five?

How long before the neighbour says 'that's not what I told Ford'?

Also, does the 'apology', coming after Dale's lawyer's deadline as it does, obviate the lawsuit, or can Dale proceed?

I imagine Hotmail Lawyer is currently researching that with the help of Altavista.

Hell, I would think that's the strategy - throw the ball back at Dale's lawyer and see if this non-apology apology will cut the mustard.

AoD

Also, the way he's stumbling over the words, reading very slowly seems to indicate that he's seeing this document for the first time (AND is an illiterate bonehead). MaFo and DoFo must have written it up and delivered it to him with some kind of ultimatum. Oh, to be a fly on *that* wall!

Also, the way he's stumbling over the words, reading very slowly seems to indicate that he's seeing this document for the first time

Nope. He literally has the reading comprehension of an 8 year old. (apologies to all the 8 year olds of planet earth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back