145     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 307     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 736     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHAT IF Rob Ford has been carousing with drug dealing gangsters for some time (at the time of this happening) and he figured it was one of his homies staking out his house....?

Exactly! I've caught bottle-hunters walking 40' up my driveway to get a look in to my recycling bin. I didn't come out of the house with a cocked fist and run at them. I calmly asked them to get off my property and informed them that we return all our empties so don't bother with our house. No need to go all hero on someone who wasn't trespassing unless you are paranoid about what their motivations might be.....

stamp.jpg

Attachments

• stamp.jpg
    stamp.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 381
Not important that he doesn't believe Dale is a pedophile. Of course he didn't believe it, as he fully knows, and has always known, who Dale was and his reasons for inspecting the property. Ford is guilty of defamation because he has been willing to spread the insinuation and have others believe the worst of Dale. For that, his brother and Black could also held responsible. Maybe Dale will accept because he really doesn't want the hassle and the continued focus on himself, but the Star will have already incurred legal expenses, and people will have invested time in the cause. So hopefully this apology is seen as inadequate. Especially on a day when Ford and Mammolitti have already been mocking the act of apology. Otherwise, Ford once again squirms out of being held responsible for anything.

Last edited:
If this libel case is closed, I worry that the Fords will feel free to use the same strategy in the 2014 campaign, slandering candidates with ridiculous charges and then, at the last minute, apologizing.

I think the original statement of "I don't want to say the word" must figure strongly in the assessment of the "apology" - what plausible alternative word can one offer in defense
Yes, it's an extremely implausible claim, which I think really weakens his "apology". If he had simply come out and said, "What I said impugned the character of Mr. Dale and implied something that is not true, and for that I apologize to him", this whole incident would probably be over. Instead he feels compelled to make this rambling speech about being misinterpreted, which it simply silly.

I really hope reporters repeatedly ask Ford what word he did mean until he provides an alleged alternative (or admits it was just a dodge).

Last edited:
I really hope reporters repeatedly ask Ford what word he did mean until he provides an alleged alternative (or admits it was just a dodge).

Oh I can tell you what he will do - he will just keep on saying that he has apologized and wanted to move forward. And if things are going badly and he got cornered, he might just blurt out that he meant pedophile all along. Rinse and repeat.

AoD

I have to laugh at Ford's utter willingness to throw his neighbor under the bus. "It wuzn't me! I wuz just repeatin' whut that other guy said!" Assuming he was even telling the truth about the neighbor alerting him to begin with. Either way, the man's got to be feeling completely betrayed right now.

according to a commenter in the Toronto Star, Mr. Ford’s next door neighbour is Zravko Gagro.
He may get lots of unwanted attention soon:

http://www.thestar.com/news/the_fix..._has_slandered_daniel_dale_s_reputation_.html

Kingman 20 Minutes Ago

Dale still wallows in his lies because no media will pursue his deceptions.

Zravko Gagro, Mr. Ford’s next door neighbour, reported seeing the man
just before 8 p.m. “He looked very fishy, and I went to the Mayor’s
house and I told him what was going on.”

NP, 02/05/2012

If this libel case is closed, I worry that the Fords will feel free to use the same strategy in the 2014 campaign, slandering candidates with ridiculous charges and then, at the last minute, apologizing.

Except the apology did not come at the last minute. It came a day and a half after the deadline, just to underscore its insincerity and the pettiness of its bearer.

Doesn't Zoomer media have to make a retraction as well? Ford's apology didn't ping all the requirements (any of them?) and certainly wasn't written by a lawyer. Doug didn't know anything about it (or isn't letting on if he does).

Robyn Doolittle: "Doug Ford just said again that Daniel was in the backyard. I stopped him. He apologized. No he says he has no further comment."

https://twitter.com/robyndoolittle/status/413021638171844609

Not-Hotmail lawyer, Gavin Tighe, must be hitting his head against a wall about now.

Whichever technician forgot to update DougBot's talkingpoints.xml data file will be in for an uncomfortable meeting with their manager right about now...

Robyn Doolittle: "Doug Ford just said again that Daniel was in the backyard. I stopped him. He apologized. No he says he has no further comment."

https://twitter.com/robyndoolittle/status/413021638171844609

Not-Hotmail lawyer, Gavin Tighe, must be hitting his head against a wall about now.
It's all by design. All the ill informed that give Ford the benefit of the doubt are going to register in their heads is "Daniel Dale was in the backyard".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back