294     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 442     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 818     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
AoD: I couldn't agree more. He's gotten away with it once (rather spectacularly so, in fact), which means he's going to do it again and again. Until he gets smacked down for it, natch. And of course Mammo would be encouraged by such behavior; they're birds of a feather, he's just less willing than the Fords to stick his neck out. Now that he's seen them get away with this crap, naturally he's going to want to get into the act himself. I couldn't believe Nunziata was dim enough to take Thug and Slob's "apologies" for last month's chaos at face value. Does she have an ounce of common sense?

mrtinfoilsocket: Heh! Heh! How right you are, Sir! I doff my hat to you.

As for Mayor Peter Griffin's latest "apology," the only real question is does he have an inkling of the amount of shit he's in for if Dale pursues him in court? Or is this just another fake mea culpa like his meaningless "me-so-sowwy" for his ugly performance in city council last month? If it's the latter, methinks Fat Boy may well be in for a rude awakening. At long last.

He is parroting the 'out' of "was just repeating what I felt at the time" rather than what he feels now... and that he never said pedophile. So what word was it that you did you not want to say? Isn't there something about repeating a falsehood, known to not be true? and using that falsehood to be a defense? "if"? ...WTF IF?

Day late and a dollar short, big guy.

Oh and classy, blaming the neighbour.

This is kinda antiquated, but does anyone remember the Cheech & Chong album "Big Bambu" from the 70's?

Well, Nunziata TOTALLY reminds me of Sister Mary Elephant.

I couldn't believe Nunziata was dim enough to take Thug and Slob's "apologies" for last month's chaos at face value. Does she have an ounce of common sense?

Counting on Nunzi to do the right thing is a hopeless cause - don't forget she got the blessing of his worship for the job in the first place. John Parker is far more suited to that role.

And re: the non-apology - if I am a lawyer, I would line up all the claims from his worship since day 1 and juxtaposition it against what he said at said apology - it doesn't take a judge to figure the incongruence out.

AoD

Last edited:
Ford was grand standing with that non-apology for sure. But I sincerely doubt that RoFo even understands the subtlety of what Cllr Parker was saying regarding the premise of the remarks and the innuendo caused by calling other councillors corrupt.

newearthling:

I think it would be stupid to assume that RoDoFo's actions are stupid - because they really aren't. Someone truly stupid can't come up with/say something as finely honed as what he just said. Remember - playing dumb is also a way of getting a pass.

AoD

She looks like Edna Boil too with that weird blond hair don't. I guess the poor thing hasn't been the same since Tex left her.

I didn't go to the clips, but I was wondering whether Nunziata had recently split from someone named "Tex", when suddenly a synapse fired in my brain and released a 30-year-old memory of the words "Tex and Edna's Or-GAN Emporium". Thanks for that, and merry christmas to you, too.

newearthling:

I think it would be stupid to assume that RoDoFo's actions are stupid - because they really aren't. Someone truly stupid can't come up with/say something as finely honed as what he just said. Remember - playing dumb is also a way of getting a pass.

AoD
Playing dumb only works well when people think you're actually dumb. Works great for Ford because he has cultivated being a crude fat idiot to the Nth degree.

newearthling:

AoD
Yes, I agree that the playing dumb is an act. But I do believe RF is somehow developmentally delayed as well.
It also seems like he just shuts down and stops hearing words, when he doesn't want to listen. When Cllr Parker was trying to explain the situation, Ford dismissively waved his hand away, as if he were hearing the Charlie Brown teacher's wahwah voice instead.

Step One: Blame someone else (the media) for your comments
Step Two: Play the victim (media assault)

Result: It's not my fault and they're making me read this statement (that my mother wrote) to say I'm sorry. (I'm not really sorry, but I have to pretend I am so you won't sue me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back