265     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 484     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 603     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Crown counsel said that the two videos were part of each other, in the sense that one was a subset of the other. From what I was shown, that is not correct. The video that I viewed is approximately 90 seconds long. It is the one in which the Mayor of the City of Toronto is featured. The second video is much shorter and is separate and apart from that first video However, from the content of the second video, it might be reasonably concluded that what is revealed in the second video relates back to the first video."

1) Sounds like Ford is NOT in the second video
2) the second video "relates back to the first video" -- does it show a crime related to the extortion? "The unthinkable"?

To me, it sounds like one of the early reports of the second video, that it shows Rob Ford passed out later in the same evening, with various gang members brandishing guns near his head.

To me, it sounds like one of the early reports of the second video, that it shows Rob Ford passed out later in the same evening, with various gang members brandishing guns near his head.

But I thought it was also confirmed today that Rob Ford is not in the second video. But not sure where I saw that now.

Edit: Ok here it is:

http://www.yourbestdefence.com/legal-commentary/rob-ford-crack-video/

It was a widely held belief that the videos seized by police were essentially two version of the same video depicting the Mayor smoking crack cocaine. This is apparently incorrect. At paragraph 2 of his ruling, His Honour confirmed that the longer video depicted the Mayor of Toronto and that the second video is much shorter and is "separate and apart" from the first video. He observed that, "it might be reasonably concluded that what is revealed in the second video relates back to the first".

Last edited:
Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 28m
"It's a coup d'état" Mayor Rob Ford http://ow.ly/27Djbs #TOpoli

I always thought that a "coup d'état" was a failed or successful take over of a sitting government by a small faction comprised of by the military or supported by the military. There is also the insinuation that Canada is a third world country or "banana-republic" (or rather Beaver-Republic ;) ).

OMG so petty - council is voting on where the Mayor's lawywers can sit in the council chamber...

There was a vote on Friday whether they should have a 60 minute or 90 minute lunch

There was a vote on Friday whether they should have a 60 minute or 90 minute lunch
In the pre-Ford era something like this would have done been with a quick yay or nay vote, a show of hands, but when Ford came into power he wanted every vote put on record so now something petty like this is done in an official way.

Just in case you weren't sure of the Sun's stance on things:

BZX17fcCUAAAYBO.png

Doug to City Solicitor: "Have you read the Toronto Act?"

Way to completely baselessly attack civil servants and lawyers instead of the councillors actually bringing the motion...

Edit: Now he's telling the city solicitor "You don't know the job of the mayor!" Basically yelling at her...

Last edited:
Doug asks who is going to take care of the over 500 emails and phone calls (a day? a month? he doesn't say) -- well guess what Doug, I've never had one of my emails to the mayor answered, so I can't imagine today's motion is going to make a lick of difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back