253     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 482     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 602     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Council should call his bluff. Call a special meeting, change the law that says mayor can be appointed or an election called to just an election is called. Then wait for him to resign so he can get his election victory or not.

Not if he is in jail!
For what? The police would have arrested him by now if they had evidence to support it. And besides, if he was charged with a crime, it would take at least a year to come to trial, and the likely sentence would not include jail time anyway.

So, forget about jail for Ford.

Just watching CP24 discussing the legalities of today's Council proceedings. The only person interviewed was Ford's lawyer!!! Followed by John Tory who is a conservative and Rob Ford supporter. The omission of any competing opinion is quite complete and stunning.

I never used to watch CP24 at all, and had no idea just how biased this so-called journalistic outlet was, and that Ledrew guy is so pro Ford it's almost comical.

An election now would be another tent in the Ford Family Dysfunction and Drug Abuse Circus. A year from now he might be nothing but a bad smell, might be standing before the courts on extortion charges. And a year from now might offer us someone not of the usual suspects (Tory, Chow). Neshi in Calgary came from nowhere, and was given little chance at first. Everything that can be done to make him go away should be done, and that's the direction everything is proceeding. A snap election gives us the opposite, more attention directed at someone who should be banished from the island.

1425792_10152052029390120_1620985503_n.jpg

In my day we preferred using a blow torch. Much faster.... Great look on his face!

Just watching CP24 discussing the legalities of today's Council proceedings. The only person interviewed was Ford's lawyer!!! Followed by John Tory who is a conservative and Rob Ford supporter. The omission of any competing opinion is quite complete and stunning.

I never used to watch CP24 at all, and had no idea just how biased this so-called journalistic outlet was, and that Ledrew guy is so pro Ford it's almost comical.

But wouldn't the "competing opinion" have to come from the City's lawyers, who are limited in what they can say to the media? Or an independent lawyer who wants to stick his/her neck out? There may not be many of those.

I'm having a hard time buying the idea that the martyr effect is going to be a major factor. We already know that Ford will enthusiastically play the victim, and the vocal minority is going to have a field day with it. The predictable will happen. But really, enough people are going to feel that his ouster was some huge miscarriage of justice that it will lead to his reelection or to some kind of major public outcry, or some other effect I'm not anticipating? I dunno man. It doesn't feel to me that the "coup d'état" would come to much.

From lawyer Daniel Brown: "Application to Access the Rob Ford ‘Crack Video’ Dismissed"
http://www.yourbestdefence.com/legal-commentary/rob-ford-crack-video/

He's posted the ruling, in which the judge clarifies his earlier comments about the second video:

"Crown counsel said that the two videos were part of each other, in the sense that one was a subset of the other. From what I was shown, that is not correct. The video that I viewed is approximately 90 seconds long. It is the one in which the Mayor of the City of Toronto is featured. The second video is much shorter and is separate and apart from that first video However, from the content of the second video, it might be reasonably concluded that what is revealed in the second video relates back to the first video."

1) Sounds like Ford is NOT in the second video
2) the second video "relates back to the first video" -- does it show a crime related to the extortion? "The unthinkable"?

More from the judge's decision:

Judge Nordheimer indirectly confirms the Star's account of the first video:
- [under 6] "The Chief of Police also fairly characterized the contents of that video as being consistent with previous media reports."

[20] "After reviewing the videos, I advised counsel that there was information on the videos that might lead to identifying the persons responsible for the recording of the video."

For what? The police would have arrested him by now if they had evidence to support it. And besides, if he was charged with a crime, it would take at least a year to come to trial, and the likely sentence would not include jail time anyway.

So, forget about jail for Ford.

But the investigation is "ongoing." What do you think Lisi's motives were for committing the alleged extortion? If Ford put him up to it, he can be charged with conspiracy.
And, the comment tweeted by Don Peat doesn't sound like Ford would be surprised if charges are laid:
"We'll cross that bridge when we get to it" Rob Ford on whether he'd resign if he was criminally charged
https://twitter.com/reporterdonpeat/status/402478162866888705

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back