432     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 520     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 644     2 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re the Fords talking to American media: I think on some level they really wish they were Americans, or were considered by Americans to be two of their own. If they could move Deco HQ to Chicago and focus on the US market, they would. If they could bring an NFL team here, regardless of the consequences for the Argos, they would.

Re hyperbole: the actual truth doesn't matter much to them, especially not to Doug. If you say something often enough and sound convinced, you can basically lie a 'truth' into existence. Doug wants something to be true, he'll tell you it over and over until you start to accept it and, most importantly, stop questioning it, and then it's pretty much true because hey, you've heard it reaffirmed enough times that it has to be the truth.

Finally, this: I realized what Doug reminds me of. If there were ever a Muppet character that was supposed to be a mobster/con man, it would look and sound like Doug.

What idiots those Fords. They just blew this up in their face again. By inviting CNN into the matter and having a CNN reporter witness a hash accusation against Ford live and in person, they've just brought in the best in Pulitzer Prize level investigative journalists hungry for a new twist in the Ford saga. Anderson, Globe & Mail on line 1.

this guy sounds like hes on something even today on cnn and on 640... John Tory, Stinz, ANYONE but Ford would be better for the PC party.

Can someone remind me why Ford brothers are talking to American media, considering America has nothing to do with Toronto politics? I hope he knows American's cant vote for him :p Creating an even worse reputation for our city. It's like they really do love the attention.

I'm of the belief that Doug is worried about the impact on Deco. Remember, Deco's got a decent operation in the 'states, but recently had to pack up the New Jersey plant.

Re the Fords talking to American media: I think on some level they really wish they were Americans, or were considered by Americans to be two of their own. If they could move Deco HQ to Chicago and focus on the US market, they would. If they could bring an NFL team here, regardless of the consequences for the Argos, they would.

Re hyperbole: the actual truth doesn't matter much to them, especially not to Doug. If you say something often enough and sound convinced, you can basically lie a 'truth' into existence. Doug wants something to be true, he'll tell you it over and over until you start to accept it and, most importantly, stop questioning it, and then it's pretty much true because hey, you've heard it reaffirmed enough times that it has to be the truth.

Finally, this: I realized what Doug reminds me of. If there were ever a Muppet character that was supposed to be a mobster/con man, it would look and sound like Doug.

This all reminds me of Stephen Coblert's "truthiness" and "wikiality".

Breaking

A 4th special meeting is in the works. The filibustering and threats of lawsuits against the city and council is crossing the line into active attempts by the Fords to prevent City Council from functioning.

It's like they're daring City Council and the Province to kick Ford out. Maybe that's their strategy. If this special meeting goes ahead, it would likely happen on Wednesday and the Province could act pretty quickly if need be. We might get rid of Ford by the end of the weekend.

A 4th special meeting is in the works. The filibustering and threats of lawsuits against the city and council is crossing the line into active attempts by the Fords to prevent City Council from functioning.

It's like they're daring City Council and the Province to kick Ford out. Maybe that's their strategy. If this special meeting goes ahead, it would likely happen on Wednesday and the Province could act pretty quickly if need be. We might get rid of Ford by the end of the weekend.

Amazingly, Hudak is actually on board, although Fossil Doug still thinks people are unfairly "piling on".

From the Star:

"Distancing himself from his one-time political ally, Hudak on Monday said Ford, an admitted crack-user under investigation by police, “needs to get healthy” and should take a leave to do so.

“The situation is unique. What would I do if I were in the premier’s chair? Ultimately if the city says they legitimately cannot function then we do have an obligation at the provincial level within the powers that we have to ensure some clarity and stability,” the Tory leader said."

http://www.thestar.com/news/queensp..._would_support_action_to_deal_with_mayor.html

Woah, that's a bit quick, don't you think? We don't want to hand him the martyr's crown.

If Rob Ford wants a snap election I say we give it to him. Best solution possible I think.
Others considering a run for mayor have a timeline for raising support focused on a year from now. Would this election be for one year as mayor or five? Councillors have a year left in their mandate. So either you take that from them, hurry them to set up their organizations for reelection, or incur considerable costs of running a mayoral election this year and a council election next year. And all to feed the toxicity of one diseased man who doesn't have the dignity to step away when he's been dishonored. You're allowing him to control the dynamic when he should be gone and irrelevant by now.

Ontario Tories willing to back Liberals and intervene in Ford situation

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...-intervene-in-ford-situation/article15485038/

second video

From lawyer Daniel Brown: "Application to Access the Rob Ford ‘Crack Video’ Dismissed"
http://www.yourbestdefence.com/legal-commentary/rob-ford-crack-video/

He's posted the ruling, in which the judge clarifies his earlier comments about the second video:

"Crown counsel said that the two videos were part of each other, in the sense that one was a subset of the other. From what I was shown, that is not correct. The video that I viewed is approximately 90 seconds long. It is the one in which the Mayor of the City of Toronto is featured. The second video is much shorter and is separate and apart from that first video However, from the content of the second video, it might be reasonably concluded that what is revealed in the second video relates back to the first video."

1) Sounds like Ford is NOT in the second video
2) the second video "relates back to the first video" -- does it show a crime related to the extortion? "The unthinkable"?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back