154     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 861     4 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 439     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love your sarcasm Forgotten. For a second I thought you were being serious. But the fact that nobody is stupid enough to say what you did gave away the sarcasm. :rolleyes:

Seriously, great job. Next time you're going to tell us Ford saved $Billions lol *nudge nudge

Rob Ford has saved Toronto taxpayers a billion dollars and next year he's going to double it. He's going to deliver on his promise to Scarborough and bring home that subway and it's only the left wing tax and spenders on council like The Betrayer aka TTC chair who are blocking what people in Scarborough rightly deserve.

The reality is we just don't know what Mayor Ford was doing during the flood crisis because unlike Calgary Mayor Nenshi - Ford was not sending out self-serving tweets every 10 minutes to let everyone know what a great job he was doing. For all we know Mayor Ford was working quietly behind the scenes quarterbacking the city's emergency responses. Most importantly to me is the morning after, Ford acknowledged that the emergency response was far from perfect and he promised a review of the emergency response systems and procedures (from what I observed Toronto Police let the city down but Fire and EMS performed exemplary).

Exactly. Rob Ford hasn't the time to be sending out self-serving updates on Twitter every 10 minutes. He's out there cruising the streets in his Cadillac to check on his neighbours. He even hands out business cards and magnets with his number so people can call him if they need assistance.

Lead the city in a crisis, to be exact. There were thousands of crisis all over the city last night while this buffoon chilled out in his SUV and slept, and if your okay with that then just come out and say so. The 92 year old Mayor of Mississauga was on the job until well after 1am, and she arrives at City Hall at around 7am every day after breakfast and some gardening.
I'll cite one example, why did it take over six hours to unload a stranded GO Train on flooded tracks with several feet of swift moving water passing by it? Perhaps if someone was actually in charge of emergency management proper resources and equipment could have been directed to the site to get those folks out and onto dry land in a reasonable time frame.

Rob Ford did what any family man would do in a crisis! He was looking after his family and making sure they were all safe and comfortable. With as many fatherless families around these days he should be commended for taking such an active role in the lives of his kids. Husband and father of the year for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if he were to end up on the cover of Time next.

Blah-blah-blah...

So your just another troll. Why don't you head back to the comments section of the Toronto Sun now, don't waste our time here.
Adiós.

But why would Forgotten keep up the ruse if everyone's on to him/her? Satire can be hilarious until it becomes tedious and predictable.

That was a silly article on the part of the Star. One could make the case that the additional debt, which is from capital expenditures, is Miller's fault, as some of that includes the new streetcar order. To some degree, there's no point putting this on Ford. Of course there's nothing wrong with debt as long as it's managed properly and used for necessary and beneficial capital expenditures.

While Miller`s Transit City resulted in the new streetcars, Ford`s ridiculous policy moves (eg., cutting vehicle registration tax) and now attempting to shave back the land transfer tax) have in effect, lessened revenues, thereby increasing the city`s debt.

Yes, and with his subway plan debt would have sky-rocketed. But people who support Ford don't understand or don't care about those subtleties.

Under his "plan" there won't be any debt because the private sector is supposed to cover it all, with the rest coming from his buddies in the development industry - but of course, he did suggest just "start building" without even those two preconditions lined up, I guess if it happens it will end up in the debt afterall. In the meantime, in the absence of any financial plan (the claims of 5 year budgeting notwithstanding), that debt will have to be serviced while his worship resolutely stands against any new revenues (and is generous enough to even offer tax cuts).

AoD

Last edited:
I was at a dinner today attended by influential people in this city's campaign fundraising and they talked about how the Conservative machine is quietly looking for a candidate and that by the end of the summer they'll be in full out Rob Ford replacement mode. He's not their candidate -- unless something dramatic happens and he polls above 40%.

John Tory's name was raised as expected but the fact that they're even looking beyond him makes me think that Laschinger has a good hook on Tory. If John Laschinger's team runs John Tory then one would expect that the donors that financed Miller's campaign would hold John Tory to more progressive ideals, pulling him to the centre.

Michael Thompson was mentioned as were Karen Stintz with the former being characterized as an effective Mayor if elected and the latter undesirable because she would make the election all about Rob Ford. They simply just want to ignore Ford and run their campaign while dismissing him entirely. Names I've never heard of were proposed, some who are CEOs others bankers, none of them politicians. I recognized one name though: John Bitove. If they run him, Rob Ford is friggun toast! The man is a master businessman with a network that'll fund his campaign after one call.

The election is still over a year away but I'm starting to get excited about the political SuperBowl we're going to be treated to!

John Bitove. If they run him, Rob Ford is friggun toast! The man is a master businessman with a network that'll fund his campaign after one call.

Ahh. I recognize his name. He's behind Mobilicity, the wireless carrier that failed to become Canada's 4th largest national network. But he also has some more successful businesses, such as the merging of Canada's only two satellite radio operators. Great for competition (sarcasm)

Anyways, You're right about Ford being toast if he runs. But that isn't saying much. Bitove has had several failures and reeks of big business. Surely they can come up with a better Conservative candidate then that. Right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back