164     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 897     4 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 444     1 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Touring the damaged areas allows rob do what he does best. Stare at things and hand out business cards. There is almost something pathological about him and those cards. Not really much of a surprise that we didn't see him at King and Atlantic surveying the damage.

Massive rainfall? Oh yeah, terrible wasn't it? It was pourrrrring rain outside of my SUV. Here, take my business card.

nasty rainfall eh.jpg

Attachments

• nasty rainfall eh.jpg
    nasty rainfall eh.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:
Yea...but that is just classic Ford in action....humiliate yourself with words or actions....without realizing it. Even when what he is doing/saying isn't necessarily a bad thing, he will find a way to project bad optics.

I don't think we should overplay the drama on this flooding issue, as it dilutes the truly devastatingly bad job he is doing on more important matters.

I'm sure the man's IQ isn't high, but his problem involves a mental disorder (probably NPD comorbid with something else).

And while you are correct that he clearly is a complete moron, what's shocking, is that to a large quantity of Torontonians, he clearly isn't.

All correct, especially that last part. Beyond shocking. Judgement that poor destroys one's faith in democracy. It's one thing to disagree about policy; it's a completely different thing to believe that up is down and black is white.

Touring the damaged areas allows rob do what he does best. Stare at things and hand out business cards. There is almost something pathological about him and those cards. Not really much of a surprise that we didn't see him at King and Atlantic surveying the damage.

Someone should start a similar blog for our Mayor: http://kimjongunlookingatthings.tumblr.com

What's most disturbing to me is how successfully the Fords’ constant dismissal of the media (saliently the Star) has delegitimized all criticism; Ford supporters’ willful ignorance truly knows no bounds. It's really disconcerting, for instance, how in this Star article that demonstrates how the city has spent more under Ford, most commenters dismiss it as being part of the Star’s vendetta. It's unbelievable how gullible people can be and how much trust they put in a guy who sounds like a complete idiot. Ford discourse has created a vortex of bizarro logic where every strike against him is a strike for him, where the more obscene his behaviour, the more they love him. It's one of the most frustrating phenomena I've ever heard of. How will it ever end?

And what exactly do you want him to do?

I'm asking you to explain exactly what Ford could have done that would have made any difference.

What the mayor of calgary would have done and did do in Calgary (the complete opposite of what ford did). Does it have to be spelled out to you. Really!

Hmm, surprised Gord Perks wasn't thrown in the mix:confused:

It was right wing Matthew McGuire who made this complaint, hiding behind his "Toronto Taxpayers Coalition". It was a petty complaint, but McGuire is little more than a Ford cheerleader.

The two councillors apologized, and that's that.

Last edited:
What's most disturbing to me is how successfully the Fords’ constant dismissal of the media (saliently the Star) has delegitimized all criticism; Ford supporters’ willful ignorance truly knows no bounds. It's really disconcerting, for instance, how in this Star article that demonstrates how the city has spent more under Ford, most commenters dismiss it as being part of the Star’s vendetta. It's unbelievable how gullible people can be and how much trust they put in a guy who sounds like a complete idiot. Ford discourse has created a vortex of bizarro logic where every strike against him is a strike for him, where the more obscene his behaviour, the more they love him. It's one of the most frustrating phenomena I've ever heard of. How will it ever end?

That was a silly article on the part of the Star. One could make the case that the additional debt, which is from capital expenditures, is Miller's fault, as some of that includes the new streetcar order. To some degree, there's no point putting this on Ford. Of course there's nothing wrong with debt as long as it's managed properly and used for necessary and beneficial capital expenditures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back