News   Jul 19, 2024
 351     1 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 418     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Bitove [...] is a master businessman

He's had a few high-profile failures, such as bankruptcy of the KFC/Pizza Hut/Taco Bell franchise conglomerate Priszm.

I would think his bigger selling point to current Ford Nationistas is his role in bringing the NBA to Toronto.

Yeah I'm sure these pricks really have everyone's best interests at heart. With or without Rob Fard we're eating shit.

The scary thing about these big shot CEOs is that unlike Ford, they actually have the capability to screw Toronto royally. Whether it be accidentally (Mobilicity, Prizm), or on purpose.

Last edited:
Looks like Ford got Scarborough its subway...another major coup, especially after all the Ford haters said it couldn’t be done, re-election is in the bag.

The scary thing about these big shot CEOs is that unlike Ford, they actually have the capability to screw Toronto royally. Whether it be accidentally (Mobilicity, Prizm), or on purpose.

I don't think business failures like that "screw Toronto royally" -- they may be unpleasant for those involved, and have some economic repercussions, but they're not catastrophes for the city. And frankly, a "big shot CEO" is likely to actually understand the need for working mass transit in the city, and for economic development, and for long-term planning, and for coalition-building, and for realistic budgeting, and for effective PR, and about a dozen other things that Ford seems incapable of absorbing.

Looks like Ford got Scarborough its subway...another major coup, especially after all the Ford haters said it couldn’t be done, re-election is in the bag.

First the Forgotten, now malvern2 -- will all the Ford supporters here be revealed as parody accounts?

malvern2:

Except it really wasn't his work - and nobody said it couldn't be done - everybody said it needed public money. Nice try claiming the victory for him.

AoD

Last edited:
He was pushing it for the last two years in the face of his haters and now that its closer to reality you want to say he had no part in it? Typical from the anti-Ford camp...

sadly for you, Rob Ford will be facing criminal charges by then.

i know you're part of a cult, and like all ROBots you are programmed to blindly follow your leader, but 'here on planet earth' we deal in reality, and reality can be very harsh indeed.

He was pushing it for the last two years in the face of his haters and now that its closer to reality you want to say he had no part in it? Typical from the anti-Ford camp...

He is saying a lot of things about it - and saying things doesn't get it done. Showing me the money on the other hand does.

AoD

He is saying a lot of things about it - and saying things doesn't get it done. Showing me the money on the other hand does.

AoD

Although you may be right, as many here have mentioned, logic doesn't get used by his base. Ford will be able to use it as a victory, although it won't really get him that more votes, since he's preaching to the choir. Although I'm sure he'll pick up some SRT users who weren't behind him before.

Ok, lets talk optics here, even the hardest anti-Ford member on this board must admit if this deal does in fact go through it should strengthen the Ford vote in the burbs making re-election a real possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back