News   Jul 23, 2024
 308     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 369     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 982     1 

Rob Ford - Why the Supervillian?

Yet the earlier poster made the comment " I have yet to hear any 'orientals' get up in arms. "

Though who uses words like 'orientals' these days???

Your next mayor? :)

You know, "Chinese" is a really offending word too. It means dishes in English for god sake. How is it different from 'Orientals'? I really respect you people, so let's call you the guys who make dishes? (Actually, one theory is China was a Sanskrit word referring to a country of yellow skinned barbarians. Funny enough, the Chinese used to refer to westerners as Yi, which also means barbarians. )

The proper way to call a Chinese is the People of the Middle Kingdom. In the end, all these words were created by colonial powers and now it's the same colonial powers deciding which ones are appropriate and which ones are not. If 'Orientals' is racist, then so is 'Chinese'. The worst part is we are forcing people to get offended. Did anybody do a survey among the Chinese to see whether they were offended? No, because who are they to question David Miller, a white guy?

Make Your Own Rob Ford Funny over at torontoist.com.

20100917robford-unrulyumbrella.jpg

I like these ones:

Ford_westsidestory.jpg

Ford-TedHealey.jpg

Ford-StephenM-WickedWitch.jpg

Marc-Ford_pride.jpg

Rob Ford - Hates Wasting Money! Hates Corruption! Hates... showing up?

Rob Ford has labeled as corrupt the city’s sole-source deal with Tuggs Inc. to operate the waterfront Boardwalk Pub, but when the candidate had a chance to ask for a full-scale investigation into the deal by the auditor general, he was missing in action.

On July 5, the audit committee — of which Ford is a member — was asked to vote on whether it would support an official probe.

The motion died in a 2-2 vote. Ford was absent, as was Councillor Anthony Perruzza. Had the mayoral frontrunner been there, his tie-breaking vote probably would have meant a recommendation from the audit committee to proceed with an investigation.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/torontomayoralrace/article/862942--rob-ford-mia-on-tuggs-probe?bn=1

Rob Ford - Hates Wasting Money! Hates Corruption! Hates... showing up?
Apart from the main council meetings, Ford's attendance at the committee's he's on, and community council is very poor - doesn't he have the worst record for Etobicoke council? Given he touts his great attendance record for votes, he's quite the hypocrite.

Apart from the main council meetings, Ford's attendance at the committee's he's on, and community council is very poor - doesn't he have the worst record for Etobicoke council? Given he touts his great attendance record for votes, he's quite the hypocrite.

Hey, give the guy a break, he already has a full-time job, working for his daddy's factory. What do you want, for him to work like a dog?

sigh.... Rob Ford is looking increasing appealing. He might be childish, but at least he is not this low.

So you're voting for Ford because people are making light of him here? Would you change your vote if we start trashing other contenders?

Believe it or not, many of us think a guy who operates on vacant slogans and stupid suggestions would be really bad for the city.

He's enterataining to say the least. I know little about politics.I can't say he'd be good or bad for toronto. But, I like to be able to read people. Sometimes I feel politicians are so overly controlled in their responses that I feel the are not being authentic,and just catering to others for votes. Rob seems either to be too ignorant to do this,or, he is just being authentic. In either case, it seems that he doesn't care about getting the "popular" vote by carefully choosing his wording. It seems that he can't hide what he's about... I respect that to a degree..cuz at least you get a sense for whom/what you are voting for. The other candidates seems so versed in presenting a perfect public image that I can't get a sense of who they are..in my mind,they will be better at being deceitful,and I can't forsee how they will react in certain situations. Again, I'm not sure he has the talent to be mayor,but, at least I can say that much and feel I'm right. With the others..I don't know what I'm getting.

He's enterataining to say the least. I know little about politics.I can't say he'd be good or bad for toronto. But, I like to be able to read people. Sometimes I feel politicians are so overly controlled in their responses that I feel the are not being authentic,and just catering to others for votes. Rob seems either to be too ignorant to do this,or, he is just being authentic. In either case, it seems that he doesn't care about getting the "popular" vote by carefully choosing his wording. It seems that he can't hide what he's about... I respect that to a degree..cuz at least you get a sense for whom/what you are voting for. The other candidates seems so versed in presenting a perfect public image that I can't get a sense of who they are..in my mind,they will be better at being deceitful,and I can't forsee how they will react in certain situations. Again, I'm not sure he has the talent to be mayor,but, at least I can say that much and feel I'm right. With the others..I don't know what I'm getting.

It says something about the quality of this election's slate for mayor when a joker like Ford gets so far along, when you can say, apparently with a straight face , " ... at least you get a sense for whom/what you are voting for ". Try a lot harder, the devil you know is not always better than the devil you don't know.

The other candidates seems so versed in presenting a perfect public image that I can't get a sense of who they are..in my mind,they will be better at being deceitful,and I can't forsee how they will react in certain situations.

Does it count as 'deceitful' when Rob Ford lies about things that are very easily shown to be contrary? Like his DUI or pot bust? Or is he just being 'authentic'?

Back