News   Jul 23, 2024
 291     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 358     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 974     1 

Rob Ford - Why the Supervillian?

I've tried explaining to UD that not everyone sees the world through the lens of race / religion / income level as he does... but he's a lost cause on that front. Personally I tend to get along with everyone from businessman to homeless no matter their race. People can be wonderful or assholes regardless of those factors. I just prefer not to spend time around assholes... or have them running the city.

Last edited:
Some ppl spend too much time online....or on UT.

Like those who average more then 6 posts a day?
You're right...they should probably go out and get a job or something.

Maybe I should change my name to Urban_Realist?

Nah, it doesn't fit your MO at all!

^Maybe I should change my name to Urban_Realist? I just see the world through clear lenses.:) I get along with everyone...and no one.33

Is RF an asshole? Perhaps, but really he needs to get in shape or he'll die of a massive heart attack! Seeing him walk is hilarious.

RF on a bicycle would make the tires go flat. Some e-bikes are rated (for efficiency) to have a combined weight of e-bike, cargo, and no more than two people of a maximum 150 kg (330 lb), much of it would be RF.

I also get the sense that his "transit plan" might just (hopefully) turn out to be his jump-the-shark moment. As others have already mentioned, even many of his die-hard supporters are baffled by its sheer stupidity, and even journalists and media (the Sun) that have been kissing his ass since he announced his candidacy, are heavily criticizing him, since transit is the number one election issue. He has angered a lot of people with his negative, destructive attitude.

I'll even throw out my own stunning experience - my parents, who have blindly supported Ford since the start simply because he's not one of those "lefty whackos", were shocked by his joke of a transit plan, and much more surprisingly to me, were even offended by his ludicrous idea to kill the city's streetcars. And they're stereotypically conservative, suburban, pro-car folk who totally ignored all of his countless flaws before this whenever I tried to show them that he's not the kind of guy you want running the city, so if even they have gone cold on him, then there's hope after all.

On a related note, Dalton McGuinty stated yesterday that Transit City will continue to go forward exactly as planned, even if someone gets elected mayor who isn't in favour of it (naturally he didn't mention any names, but it was crystal clear who he meant.) If anything, I'd say the real threat to all the transit expansion that Toronto and the rest of the GTA desperately needs isn't Rob Ford, but rather Tim Hudak.

Last edited:
It's unfortunate in this day and age that some people believe that they can use garbage philosophy like this to defend racists like Rob Ford (to bring this back on topic).

If he simply would have said that he shouldn't say stuff like that, and he wasn't thinking ... fine.

But he keeps going with the stereotyping and defending it. It seems he is so racist that he isn't even aware that stereotyping is wrong.

We're not talking subconscious thoughts or slips of the tongue here. He has been told many times that saying things like that is racist ... and yet he keeps doing it, almost as if he's doing it just to make a point.

These aren't the consensus building actions that the Mayor of one of the greatest cities in the world and largest governments in the country needs to have.

'subconcious slips'? LOL... blaming ones' 'subconsioius' on being racist? Yes, let's blame everything else but ourselfes. Sounds like the NDP motto.

Are you chinese? I have yet to hear any 'orientals' get up in arms.

"a small group of protesters...."

I'd say the whole mess around reporting on Tibet angered far more people than what Mr. Ford said. And you know what Chinese call Canada? DaCaNa, which means everybody takes. You will be surprised how many of them agree with Mr. Ford. We will see who they support in the election. I suspect Mr. Ford will do just fine among the "orientals".

So Rob Ford is a hippocrite*. No surprise there.

*sorry, bad taste, but it was too much to resist in this instance.

Kristyn Tam-wong is an NDP puppet, along with CCNC, until recently. It might as well have been Olivia Chow.

Perhaps a poll of the 'orientals' will show that most do support centre/centre right candidates, as opposed to the left.

More than gladly put money that Ford gets 10 timese more 'oriental' suppport than his colleague on the other side (Pantalone).

Back