News   Jul 23, 2024
 327     2 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 409     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 450     0 

Rob Ford - Why the Supervillian?

you mentioned firemen, I never made that comparison

again, I never said they liked fire,I wrote FASCINATED with fire,lmao...you twisted my words again
What on earth was your point about writing about the fascination of fireman with fire then? I just don't see the relevance of your point.

I hope you can read the ballot card
??? Why would you say something like that?

exactly,we've established a pettern of behaviour.you know what you're getting when you vote for him. you made my point better than I could. I never said I'm a supporter. Every politician will deny,twist the truth to suit their needs. If I spent enough time looking into every candidate and what they said, I'd find the same thing. twisted truths. Ford is obvious,he can't hide his behaviour,I said that in my first post...whether you think it's childish or not, a voter knows what they're getting into. Sounds like people are angry that he likely is ahead in the mayoral polls...but, now I hope he wins, so, I have someone fun to watch on TV!!!!!!!

Are you f*** kidding me?

Last edited by a moderator:
yes,kidding about the tv thing
I'm serious about his behaviour. I fail to see how anybody who votes for him doesn't know where he stands on some issues, he's rather vocal.

Last edited:
I'm serious about his behaviour. I fail to see how anybody who votes for him doesn't know where he stands on some issues, he's rather vocal.

If you vote for him based on that logic...and if he is elected mayor...then you and everyone like you deserve the city you get as a result.

You'd risk the destruction of our city so that you have something fun to watch on TV?

Isn't that similar to a fireman burning down buildings so he has the fun of putting the fires out?

If you think a single person can destroy the city, you are giving him too much credit, or giving our city too little credit. The city is angry and Ford represents that anger. In the end, there's very little he could do without council support even if he got elected.

... there's very little he could do without council support even if he got elected.
Ford get's to select the Executive committee, and the membership of each of the city's boards ... including the TTC. The Executive committee has to vote, but it has powers to do a lot of stuff without council approval.

He could for example cancel the new streetcar contract, without a vote of city council.

If you vote for him based on that logic...and if he is elected mayor...then you and everyone like you deserve the city you get as a result.

Well, did you vote for David Miller? If so, do you deserve a city where a person like Mr. Ford even got a chance to get elected? I agree with you, you reap what you sow.

He could for example cancel the new streetcar contract, without a vote of city council.
And if I was in charge at Bombardier, I would prepare a scary legal letter threatening a multimillion dollar lawsuit. Possibly the full value of the streetcars. And i would publish it in every Toronto daily a week before the election.

It would put Ford in his place, anyways.

Ford get's to select the Executive committee, and the membership of each of the city's boards ... including the TTC. The Executive committee has to vote, but it has powers to do a lot of stuff without council approval.

Based on the decision making process graph on the city's website, all decision go through the city council. However, I wouldn't be surprised that they are lying though. They are pretty good at that.

And if I was in charge at Bombardier, I would prepare a scary legal letter threatening a multimillion dollar lawsuit. Possibly the full value of the streetcars. And i would publish it in every Toronto daily a week before the election.

It would put Ford in his place, anyways.

Then it's good that you are not in charge at Bombardier then. :)

Someone in this thread about 50 pages back said if this thread hit 100 pages, RF would win....

Well, look at what http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/tor...--rob-ford-shows-strong-lead-in-new-poll?bn=1 is saying:

Rob Ford has pulled way ahead of George Smitherman in the race to be Toronto mayor and is on track for victory barring a major surprise, a new poll suggests.

The Nanos Research poll of 1,021 Torontonians, conducted Tuesday to Thursday, found that among decided voters, the support levels are: Ford — 45.8 per cent; Smitherman — 21.3 per cent; Joe Pantalone —16.8 per cent; Rocco Rossi — 9.7 per cent; and Sarah Thomson — 6.4 per cent.

Nfitz, Miller had these powers and used them to further HIS agenda, you had no problems with the protocol then, how about for the next 4 years?
Remember the bridge,

toronto won't change a bit,no matter who's in power. ford is a choice for those that are fed up with the bullcrap others are pushing. he speaks with conviction

toronto won't change a bit,no matter who's in power. ford is a choice for those that are fed up with the bullcrap others are pushing. he speaks with conviction

Hey, maybe its not too late for him to also jump in and cancel the Pan Am games, too, and then we can put all that money (that's not coming from the city at all) towards MORE HIGHWAYS! I can't wait to get into my hot rod, and open 'er up on a the soon to be empty roads so we can all abandon transit finally and drive our single occupancy vehicles the way god had intended. This is (north) AMERICA afterall, dammit!

Nfitz, Miller had these powers and used them to further HIS agenda, you had no problems with the protocol then, how about for the next 4 years?
Remember the bridge,
Miller did a great job in building this city. I disagree with him about that bridge though.

Ford won't build the city. He's not that kind of person.

A single bridge isn't a huge issue one way or another. Look at the person running against him wanted to do instead. John Tory promised to build an incinerator near downtown Toronto. Miller dealt with the garbage problem so effectively that I haven't heard a single candidate even mention it.

Back