Status
Not open for further replies.
So to be clear under Hudak

Sheppard East LRT
Finch West LRT
Hurontario-Main LRT
Waterloo-Kitchener LRT
Hamilton LRT

Will all be canceled in favor of "putting as much of Eglinton underground as possible", DRL once the budget is balanced and Sheppard East Subway Expansion once the budget is balanced.

He has said he will start construction on the DRL within 100 days of getting elected, before the budget is balanced, I mean how is that even possible? This guy just keeps talking out of his ass.

He has said he will start construction on the DRL within 100 days of getting elected, before the budget is balanced, I mean how is that even possible? This guy just keeps talking out of his ass.

LOL. Even if you skipped all consultations and environmental assessments I doubt that could happen.

So to be clear under Hudak ... Waterloo-Kitchener LRT ... Will all be canceled ...

Work is already underway on this one, the big contract is awarded, provincial funding is inked, and the Tories have said they wouldn't touch it.

Everything else? I guess all those projects can be replaced with one subway and a bunch of 407's.

You couldn't even get tender-ready design drawings ready in 100 days. It's completely unrealistic.

8hzXvvN.png

Thank you Redditors

This is one of the best things I've ever seen.

In all seriousness though I'm praying for a Hudak loss (and a Wynne win, no puns intended). Thankfully the more he opens his mouth the more people he offends with his brash politics. Some recent polls put the Liberals back ahead. It's still a toss up and for the sake of all of us who appreciate transit Hudak better not take this one.

So to be clear under Hudak

Sheppard East LRT
Finch West LRT
Hurontario-Main LRT
Waterloo-Kitchener LRT
Hamilton LRT

Will all be canceled in favor of "putting as much of Eglinton underground as possible", DRL once the budget is balanced and Sheppard East Subway Expansion once the budget is balanced.

Let me put that into my Hudak to English translator:

"NO NEW TRANSIT. EVER"

Why anyone would vote for guy is beyond me.

People here seem to think the liberals are pro-transit. What have the liberals built since 2002?
nothing.

The genius Transit city? with all the horizontal lines feeding into Yonge yet zero line to go direct to downtown? It was a joke and I am glad it was cancelled.
Toronto is very downtown centric - we should look at Chicago's transit map before making up all those pretty horizontals lines all over the map.
map_cta_train.jpg

Attachments

• map_cta_train.jpg
    map_cta_train.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 379
People here seem to think the liberals are pro-transit. What have the liberals built since 2002?
nothing.

The genius Transit city? with all the horizontal lines feeding into Yonge yet zero line to go direct to downtown? It was a joke and I am glad it was cancelled.
Toronto is very downtown centric - we should look at Chicago's transit map before making up all those pretty horizontals lines all over the map.
View attachment 26458

This Chicago with all its crime problems, and yet their rt covers the whole damn city.

I have a bunch of boats and bridges for Tim-Hudaks pie in the sky thinking on transit and the million job program for sale.

Where is Hudak going to find 300,000 people to fill the 1 million new job when only 600,000 are out of work now? More so where are these jobs going to be?

He could put them to labour forces to hand dig all the tunnels for these white elephant subway as well the ones that are really needed.

Over all, he can only create 10,000 jobs for transit which is only 1% of his job program promises with only 5,000 being used for construction for the next 10 years only.

I guess we start paving Ontario over with asphalt as transit will not exist under this nut case.

He can't cancel KW line without dealing with a major law suite and its a P3 project in the first place. He can kill the equipment contract, but it will open the door for an off shore company to supply them under a P3 arrangement.

There is nothing stopping Peel from building their LRT other than will power to take on a higher debit load and to do it alone.

All I can say you will get what you want by how you vote on June 12 and I see the third shoe of Mike Harris falling if the PC come to power. I don't support any legion to any party and vote for who I think can do the job. Vote NDP the year they came to power and have voted Lib since then. Will still support Lib regardless of the mess the last few years as they have the best transit plan out there as well a few others.

If anyone think getting tax breaks are the way to go, think again as it all comes out of one pocket at the end of the day. You want a break, then what are you will to have cut that will have more effect on other people other than yourself as well risk to your great great great grand children?? Time to pay the piper for your dreams.

Having contract ready to go in 100 days is a pipe dream and only will happen if there are only already written contracts and plans to do so in place today.

The DRL is number 1 and needs to go north to Steeles to do any good for the Yonge line with it opening in phases. Otherwise, stopping at Danforth does nothing for any of the lines.

I have a bunch of boats and bridges for Tim-Hudaks pie in the sky thinking on transit and the million job program for sale.

Where is Hudak going to find 300,000 people to fill the 1 million new job when only 600,000 are out of work now? More so where are these jobs going to be?

He could put them to labour forces to hand dig all the tunnels for these white elephant subway as well the ones that are really needed.

Over all, he can only create 10,000 jobs for transit which is only 1% of his job program promises with only 5,000 being used for construction for the next 10 years only.

I guess we start paving Ontario over with asphalt as transit will not exist under this nut case.

He can't cancel KW line without dealing with a major law suite and its a P3 project in the first place. He can kill the equipment contract, but it will open the door for an off shore company to supply them under a P3 arrangement.

There is nothing stopping Peel from building their LRT other than will power to take on a higher debit load and to do it alone.

All I can say you will get what you want by how you vote on June 12 and I see the third shoe of Mike Harris falling if the PC come to power. I don't support any legion to any party and vote for who I think can do the job. Vote NDP the year they came to power and have voted Lib since then. Will still support Lib regardless of the mess the last few years as they have the best transit plan out there as well a few others.

If anyone think getting tax breaks are the way to go, think again as it all comes out of one pocket at the end of the day. You want a break, then what are you will to have cut that will have more effect on other people other than yourself as well risk to your great great great grand children?? Time to pay the piper for your dreams.

Having contract ready to go in 100 days is a pipe dream and only will happen if there are only already written contracts and plans to do so in place today.

The DRL is number 1 and needs to go north to Steeles to do any good for the Yonge line with it opening in phases. Otherwise, stopping at Danforth does nothing for any of the lines.

The guy is a tool, a fake Mike Harris. He will never have my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back