637     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 3K     6 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 950     2 

Politics: Tim Hudak's Plan for Ontario if he becomes Premier

Status
Not open for further replies.
he can still switch the cars over to the New Rocket, which would cost almost nothing.

Maybe we can get Eglinton West built (underground) now.

Eglinton West: It's like the Sheppard Subway, but worse! :D

Seriously the cars should stay as LRVs. If we use heavy rail vehicles, the line will permanently terminate at Mt. Dennis. There is zero demand for a subway west of Jane

Eglinton West: It's like the Sheppard Subway, but worse! :D

Seriously the cars should stay as LRVs. If we use heavy rail vehicles, the line will permanently terminate at Mt. Dennis. There is zero demand for a subway west of Jane
Then leave them as LRV's and bring the line to Pearson anyway. Either way the entire thing should be built. LRT or Subway, doesn't matter. It's supposed to be the Crosstown right Tiger?

Hudak will cancel Sheppard, Finch, Mississauga, and GO electrification

8hzXvvN.png

Thank you Redditors

Then leave them as LRV's and bring the line to Pearson anyway. Either way the entire thing should be built. LRT or Subway, doesn't matter. It's supposed to be the Crosstown right Tiger?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: operating environment matters a whole hell of a lot more than technology does. Focus on making sure the solution for Eglinton West is grade-separated, that's what's important here.

So the article says:

Mr. Hudak is pledging to start phasing in all-day, two-way service on all lines by next year and to increase the number of express trains. Mr. Hudak said he would also extend rush hour service – when trains run more frequently – to 9 in the morning and 8 in the evening, and that he would get wi-fi installed on trains.

So does this mean all lines would have two-way all day service, likely every 30 minutes or something, while during rush hour they'd be closer to every 20 minutes presumably?

I thought two-way all-day required the electrification of the GO network...

and how can he increase the frequency when Metrolinx only owns 5/7 of the GO lines?

So the article says:

Mr. Hudak is pledging to start phasing in all-day, two-way service on all lines by next year and to increase the number of express trains. Mr. Hudak said he would also extend rush hour service – when trains run more frequently – to 9 in the morning and 8 in the evening, and that he would get wi-fi installed on trains.

So does this mean all lines would have two-way all day service, likely every 30 minutes or something, while during rush hour they'd be closer to every 20 minutes presumably?

I thought two-way all-day required the electrification of the GO network...

and how can he increase the frequency when Metrolinx only owns 5/7 of the GO lines?

I think you're examining this issue much deeper than Timmie has.

18,000 vs 14,000 in the last election is far enough ahead you don't have to worry about vote splitting??

No ... with the changes in support since then, it could easily be 16,000 vs 16,000 ...

Well, it is redundant anyways, apparently they got someone for my riding. They offered to "parachute" me into London West, but regardless of if I win or not, I want to be able to represent the people locally. At least now I shouldn't feel as bad voting Liberal.

One thing I noticed for you right wingers who are disgusted with Hudak is that the Libertarians look to be running a full campaign with candidates in most ridings. Personally, I draw the line between mainstream and fringe if a party is running candidates in all (or at least the vast majority of) ridings, at least enough to potentially form a government. I don't know what their policies are, but if I was right of centre I would seriously consider getting behind them in this election.

One thing I noticed for you right wingers who are disgusted with Hudak is that the Libertarians look to be running a full campaign with candidates in most ridings. Personally, I draw the line between mainstream and fringe if a party is running candidates in all (or at least the vast majority of) ridings, at least enough to potentially form a government. I don't know what their policies are, but if I was right of centre I would seriously consider getting behind them in this election.

Yes, please vote split the right :). It's unfortunate that vote splitting has become mostly a left-wing phenomenon. We seriously need ranked balloting.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: operating environment matters a whole hell of a lot more than technology does. Focus on making sure the solution for Eglinton West is grade-separated, that's what's important here.

That's very true as well. Grade Separation will at least allow for more capacity.

And just about everything else apparantly.

It's him pandering to voters outside of the GTA, who are convinced that it's their money paying for this stuff.
And the people who hate LRT's which is a lot unfortunately.
At least Hudak isn't talking about a Finch subway :)

Finch is getting nothing which is even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back