419     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.8K     4 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 686     1 

Politics: Tim Hudak's Plan for Ontario if he becomes Premier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I support the LRT's, if my posts are different, it's because I'm trying to think of what hudak will do in his head.
Sorry for the confusion. I am just concerned that people read these posts or hear people make similar comments and then take them as gospel and go vote pc. People should know that these plans don't pass the sniff test.

I know the Liberals just wasted a billion dollars. But the PCs wasted Billions to filling in the Eglinton Subway and building the Sheppard Subway... Both parties Fd up. But the Liberals at least have transit as a top priority moving forward. The PCs top priority is balance and if that ever happens then we can talk (talk is cheap) about building transit. Maybe the NDPers and Andrea can all ride their rafts to work. SMH

I might point out Hudak wanted to kill the Gas Plants too, if he'd been elected that Liberal billion would have been his.

I might point out Hudak wanted to kill the Gas Plants too, if he'd been elected that Liberal billion would have been his.
Also worth pointing out that I think Horwath was the one who wanted to cancel them before Hudak and McGuinty jumped on the bandwagon.

Cost-wise, it's hard to see how the other parties have a leg to stand on. As for how it was done ... well McGuinty and his staff should resign.

The Auditor found that the Oakville Gas plant was more expensive than the Mississauga one that occurred during the election. And the Liberals paid highly inflated cancellation fees even though they could have allowed the local zoning laws to kill the plant without penalty. They spent that $700M to be seen as cancelling the gas plant - not just to have the plant cancelled. An if they would have gotten their majority, none of that cost would have been an issue anyway.

Just going to chime in again here to remind everyone that the PCs are no saints with wasting money; let's not forget the untold billions of revenue handed to Spanish investors instead of provincial coffers with the 407 sale.

And as already pointed out any governing party would have cancelled those gas plants.

Also worth pointing out that I think Horwath was the one who wanted to cancel them before Hudak and McGuinty jumped on the bandwagon.

Cost-wise, it's hard to see how the other parties have a leg to stand on. As for how it was done ... well McGuinty and his staff should resign.

As part of staff do you include the chair of his re-election campaign, since it was done, admittedly, as a purely political move during that re-election campaign....because that would be tough for Ms Wynne

Maybe if the Conservatives win a majority, Toronto council (and residents) will finally wake up and take responsibility for funding the TTC properly. For better or worse, the Scarborough subway debate showed that it is possible to fund transit improvements at the municipal level.

We've been at the mercy of the provincial government for too long, and look at where it's gotten us. A subway to Vaughan, a truncated LRT at risk of further truncation or cancellation, and many studies consigned to the recycling bin.

How far will Hudak go and will he succeed at replicating the "Transport for London" model for Metrolinx?

As part of staff do you include the chair of his re-election campaign, since it was done, admittedly, as a purely political move during that re-election campaign....because that would be tough for Ms Wynne

If the issue is with how the paperwork was mis-filed, then no.

How far will Hudak go and will he succeed at replicating the "Transport for London" model for Metrolinx?

Well, since he hasn't talked about taking over any municipal system except for the TTC, and at one point only talked about taking over subway lines not surface transit, I believe that they haven't thought this through at all very well. It's a great idea, but would be a massive project which I doubt the tories have the stomach for.

I'm referring to the cover up, which appears to have been part of the Premier's office, and not part of the re-election team. It wasn't the re-election campaign that came up with the costing, and then covered it up.

Why would you for even an instant suggest that Hudak would ever try and replicate the Transport for London" model at Metrolinx.

In October, Hudak said the future of Metrolinx could be in doubt, and would consider the viability of the agency, as he looks for ways to dramatically cut costs.

I'd expect, that at best, it would be significantly downsized, with UPX and Presto sold off to the private sector, the transit expansion stuff being completely eliminated, and GO Transit being the only remaining piece, which would see most of the expansion projects eliminated, and services cut.

I can't imagine a worse outcome for public transit or Metrolinx than electing Tim Hudak.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back