465     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.9K     4 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 722     1 

Politics: Tim Hudak's Plan for Ontario if he becomes Premier

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offense taken I like debate :). I should clarify and say that's what I think he will do. I think this because he realizes doing nothing is not an option, and he will have to spend, not too much but some, to alleviate the commute.

Yup it's a Toronto thing.

I think like all PC politicians he will draw lines on a map, claim to find efficiencies and build nothing.

I think like all PC politicians he will draw lines on a map, claim to find efficiencies and build nothing.

He'll make cuts and privatize across the board. Cancel the LRTs. And do nothing but claim victory over the tax-and-spenders. Terrible.

No offense taken I like debate :). I should clarify and say that's what I think he will do. I think this because he realizes doing nothing is not an option, and he will have to spend, not too much but some, to alleviate the commute.

Yup it's a Toronto thing.

If Hudak gets elected and we have a DRL to Fairview mall, a very long subway line, and an Eglinton subway between the Airport and Kennedy, which is 50% longer than the current LRT open in 4 years, I will of course be very happy & extremely surprised. However I don't believe that.

I'm also very skeptical that we will suddenly start building subways using cut & cover or elevated skytrain lines everywhere and all of a sudden we're building subways for way cheaper way faster.

But hey, I'd love to be proven wrong and ride all these new subways built cheaply and quickly in 4 years.

If Hudak gets elected and we have a DRL to Fairview mall, a very long subway line, and an Eglinton subway between the Airport and Kennedy, which is 50% longer than the current LRT open in 4 years, I will of course be very happy & extremely surprised. However I don't believe that.

I'm also very skeptical that we will suddenly start building subways using cut & cover or elevated skytrain lines everywhere and all of a sudden we're building subways for way cheaper way faster.

But hey, I'd love to be proven wrong and ride all these new subways built cheaply and quickly in 4 years.

I think it could happen, along with DRL west to Weston. But I will say right now it has to be cut and over, if Hudak is smart. Cut and Cover costs much less for starters.

Where has Hudak stated that?
He hasn't. denfromoakvillemilton is pulling it out of his imagination. What Hudak has said is he'll cancel the LRT projects (Finch, Sheppard, Eglinton), and when he has balanced the budget, then he will build subways. He's also said that he's cutting taxes, so it could be years or decades before the budget is balanced.

Canada Line Vancouver: Construction began in October 2005 and was completed in August 2009. 4 years.
Why are you twisting facts? 4 years to build something that is fully engineered, perhaps. Design work on the Canada Line and Evergreen line both started in the 1980s.

He hasn't. denfromoakvillemilton is pulling it out of his imagination. What Hudak has said is he'll cancel the LRT projects (Finch, Sheppard, Eglinton), and when he has balanced the budget, then he will build subways. He's also said that he's cutting taxes, so it could be years or decades before the budget is balanced.

Don't forget he will also kill the Viva BRT, Hurontario LRT, and pretty much everything else that's not a subway.

Don't forget he will also kill the Viva BRT, Hurontario LRT, and pretty much everything else that's not a subway.

These guys are so ideologically driven. They pink one side and oppose everything. The same as Ford. Subways or nothing else.

Ouch 5 years before the budget is balanced, just fyi.

These guys are so ideologically driven. They pink one side and oppose everything. The same as Ford. Subways or nothing else.

they pretend its because they are teaching the liberals a lesson for wasting billions... when really its about not wanting surface transit yesterday (streetcar) now (Crosstown) or ever (Hurontario, Hamilton, Finch, Sheppard, Kitchener)

And just like Ford, they pretend that it can all be paid for without any taxes. Look how well that worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back