News   Jul 19, 2024
 2.1K     4 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 782     1 

Politics: Tim Hudak's Plan for Ontario if he becomes Premier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ontario has become a "have not" province under the Liberals, not the PC

Things were a lot greener under Harris/Eves in Ontario than they were under McGuinty/Wynne is basically what you're saying. Fair enough. Now apply the same criteria on a national level to Chretien/Martin vs Harper. I think you'd get pretty similar results... Increasing debt and deficits, worse economy, and fewer manufacturing jobs.

Things were a lot greener under Harris/Eves in Ontario than they were under McGuinty/Wynne is basically what you're saying. Fair enough. Now apply the same criteria on a national level to Chretien/Martin vs Harper. I think you'd get pretty similar results...

Yep. The worldwide recession during the McGuinty/Wynne/Harper had a little to do with it.

Correlation is not causation...kind of like how the finances of pretty well the whole Western world have been sunk over this period?

Things were a lot greener under Harris/Eves in Ontario than they were under McGuinty/Wynne is basically what you're saying. Fair enough. Now apply the same criteria on a national level to Chretien/Martin vs Harper. I think you'd get pretty similar results... Increasing debt and deficits, worse economy, and fewer manufacturing jobs.

True but if you take it on a global scale, Canada did better than the other G7 countries during the recession due to sound fiscal policies. How about Ontario compared to it's neighbours? Right...The Green energy Act...ok... :rolleyes:

Just like Harper sunk Canada's... Again, I think you're ignoring outside factors that played a pretty big role in why those deficits exist in the first place.

Canada's economy sunk??? Most economists would strongly disagree with you

True but if you take it on a global scale, Canada did better than the other G7 countries during the recession due to sound fiscal policies. How about Ontario compared to it's neighbours? Right...The Green energy Act...ok... :rolleyes:

Canada's economy sunk??? Most economists would strongly disagree with you

Both Ontario and Canada ran deficits for almost years. I remember when both Ontario and Canada had something like 20 billion dollars down in 2007. Harper did not nothing but ruin what Martin did, same with Sobara/McGuinty and Harris.

You should be happy though, Sheppard East is coming for sure. The DRL will go to Fairview Mall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back