NXT & NXT2 Condos (Cresford Developments) - Real Estate -

to the people who had their PDI already....What do u guys think of the washroom sliding doors....the fact that you cant lock the washroom door.

personally, thats the only thing I dont like, it lacks privacy

to the people who had their PDI already....What do u guys think of the washroom sliding doors....the fact that you cant lock the washroom door.

personally, thats the only thing I dont like, it lacks privacy

It does, but I'm sure I'll figure something it via DIY...probably construct a makeshift lock and some rubber trims to conceal the 'gap' between the sliders and the wall.

Non-Locking washroom Sliding Doors?

Has it been confirmed that the washroom sliding doors are non-locking?

When amending the contract I asked them to put a clause that the washroom sliding doors are locking and they argued so hard that they cannot change the standard pages in the contract but that the doors would surely be locking... The sales lady also said that she saw the doors and they were locking as they are in the casa condos. Big Lie?...

Yeah man, my unit is the rosso bordeaux, and there are two entrances to the washroom, one from master bedroom and the other one from the den. Only the sliding door from the bedroom locks, and the entrance to the washroom from the den cannot be locked. Even after you slide the door, you could see everything from the edge of the sliding door as there is a gap. This is a huge issue...I dont know how can maintain privacy when there are guests over.

If anyone does come up with a solution to this problem, please do share.

Thank You

Has it been confirmed that the washroom sliding doors are non-locking?

When amending the contract I asked them to put a clause that the washroom sliding doors are locking and they argued so hard that they cannot change the standard pages in the contract but that the doors would surely be locking... The sales lady also said that she saw the doors and they were locking as they are in the casa condos. Big Lie?...

Yeah man, my unit is the rosso bordeaux, and there are two entrances to the washroom, one from master bedroom and the other one from the den. Only the sliding door from the bedroom locks, and the entrance to the washroom from the den cannot be locked. Even after you slide the door, you could see everything from the edge of the sliding door as there is a gap. This is a huge issue...I dont know how can maintain privacy when there are guests over.

If anyone does come up with a solution to this problem, please do share.

Thank You

I think there are some rubber liner thingys one can get to fill up the gap. I'm going to use my imagination and devise a locking mechanism as well.

I know someone who has sliding doors in the bathroom in their house. Personally, I don't like them because they offer very little, if any, privacy. Even when they're locked.

I think there are some rubber liner thingys one can get to fill up the gap. I'm going to use my imagination and devise a locking mechanism as well.

Had this same conversation last night with my guests - pretty ridiculous (not only that they dont lock - but the fact that there is a two inch gap between the door and wall)....

Had this same conversation last night with my guests - pretty ridiculous (not only that they dont lock - but the fact that there is a two inch gap between the door and wall)....

Agreed...that's why we have to figure out some rubber trim to cover such gap.

I will likely put this down as a defect on my 30 day inspection...(not the missing lock...but the gap)...im suggest everyone does the same.

To those already moved into NXT, it would be great if you could share your experiences to those who are waiting to join you guys! Here are some questions if you'd like to share:
1. I assume that there is underground parking but the spaces have not been assigned, so perhaps there is just a 'designated parking area'?
2. Have all your PDI problems been resolved?
3. Do you have any more concerns now that you've moved in?
4. Any insights you can share w/ ppl who have yet to move in to give a heads-up, e.g. in the moving process, when were you able to pickup your keys, did scheduling the elevators work out during the actual move, etc?
5. overall impression w/ the building now that you've moved in?

Thx a lot!

I bought a unit at the time to live but things have changed and no longer able to occupy the unit. I was speaking to the sales office about possibly getting the builder to approve so I could lease it out during occupancy. Any one have any experience with this? I wanted to know what the approval rate is like?

I see alot of post on Kijiji and Craigslist listing units for lease in this building, I assume they all didn't get approval from the builder?

They will definitely approve you to lease your unit...
you will have to pay 13% HST on the original purchase price of your unit (i.e if your unit was 350K you will have to pay out 45K in taxes).....something to keep in mind.

k

To those already moved into NXT, it would be great if you could share your experiences to those who are waiting to join you guys! Here are some questions if you'd like to share:

1. I assume that there is underground parking but the spaces have not been assigned, so perhaps there is just a 'designated parking area'?

When you occupy you will receive your actual parking spot location.

Not all problems resolved - but to my surprise, the majority were taken care of.

Never really had concerns about anything - its gunna suck living in a construction zone til they're all done though...

4. Any insights you can share w/ ppl who have yet to move in to give a heads-up, e.g. in the moving process, when were you able to pickup your keys, did scheduling the elevators work out during the actual move, etc?

Pick up your keys at unit 314 - they are pretty good with providing all the info you need - but your lawyer should also be contacting you beforehand to give you most of the info...if you haven't heard from your lawyer, you should reach out directly. When you pick up your keys you will also be given your FOB and mail keys. Cresford will also provide you with a welcome bag with some goodies and a 50$ gift card from the cheese factory. Oh and a bunch of new docs that I have yet to review...oops.

Building is awesome....views are amazing...lobby is looking incredible....happy as a pig in shit so far :)

Thx a lot!

When you occupy you will receive your actual parking spot location.

Not all problems resolved - but to my surprise, the majority were taken care of.

Never really had concerns about anything - its gunna suck living in a construction zone til they're all done though...

Pick up your keys at unit 314 - they are pretty good with providing all the info you need - but your lawyer should also be contacting you beforehand to give you most of the info...if you haven't heard from your lawyer, you should reach out directly. When you pick up your keys you will also be given your FOB and mail keys. Cresford will also provide you with a welcome bag with some goodies and a 50$ gift card from the cheese factory. Oh and a bunch of new docs that I have yet to review...oops.

Building is awesome....views are amazing...lobby is looking incredible....happy as a pig in shit so far :)

^Thx for the comments. I hear you about the construction stage...looks like at least 1 year since NXT2 hasn't even laid its foundation yet?

Btw, does anyone know how to operate the Honeywell thermostat? It's stuck in Fahrenheit.

Back