NXT & NXT2 Condos (Cresford Developments) - Real Estate -

I agree! Or at least we can keep track on this forum. Im starting to get concerned as well.

I am on the 11th floor rosso bordeaux unit, my PDI is on September 20th.....and the move in date is on September 28th.

I hope everything goes well and I can move in ASAP, since I already sold the house that I used to live and currently residing with family till I move in my NXT condo.

I was wondering, what is the process of booking the elevator, cuz I really want to move in on the 28th.

we also have a rosso bordeaux. it's on 20th floor, the PDI is on Nov.5th. we sneaked in the unit last month and was a little upset with the den after we compared with terchino which we could choose between, it is narrower than we imagined.

Yeah its true, the Den at terchino is better shaped

I am thinking of placing sliding doors for my den at Rosso bordeaux, to make it into a guest room/ study room with some privacy.

we also have a rosso bordeaux. it's on 20th floor, the PDI is on Nov.5th. we sneaked in the unit last month and was a little upset with the den after we compared with terchino which we could choose between, it is narrower than we imagined.

Yes, the den is a bit smaller but I don't understand: didn't you have access to the sales brochure before you bought? There are 4-5 flats with virtually the same layout. IMHO, there are tradeoffs, but with the Rosso Bordeaux, even though the den's smaller, at least you have the view of the CN Tower, which I don't think the other 1+Ds have. Cheers.

we were debating between a 20th flr rosso Bordeaux and a lower flr of Terchino. A better view was the reason we made up our mind. now we are having a little new member in our family guess as parents our thoughts are shifted into practicalism. anyway, the view is still amazing!and the windermere by the lake is farer than we expected. Cheers!

Thanks for the words of support lol

I could tell by the reaction I got from the rep that was with me during the PDI yesterday that she could give two massive loads of bull crap about my issues, complaints and has likely been through this so many times that she was numb to the whole situation ...... she just stood there like a tin man with an expression of " i dont give a f**k on her face".

If things do improve I will let you know - but i dont expect this to be an easy process but will be sure to use the legal system and tarion to my full advantage (pays off to be engaged to a real estate lawyer as well) lol.

If it makes you feel any better, what you described was pretty typical with my experience with condo inspections. NXT will be my 2nd condo and they take forever to fix things noted on the PDI. I think because they are scrambling to finish the rest of the building first, so your unit is not priority. Nothing was done by the time I moved in, not even minor things like scratches. Workers were in our place every week when we first moved in, and they never tell you when they are coming. Everything noted at PDI was noted again on the 30 day form (and tons more), so don't worry if you miss anything. The biggest thing was they installed the wrong kitchen countertops - I think it took a couple months to get that rectified; they tried to get me to keep the ones already installed until I said I would only if they would credit me the cost of the ones I paid for. We are going on 2 years at our condo, and some people in our building are still waiting for things to be fixed that were noted on their 1 year Tarion warranty form. You really do have to hound them to get things done, I found that going in person worked better over phone calls. Also you don't sign off on anything until you are satisfied.

This also sounds like the experience people are having in the building I'm moving into. I guess it's par for the course unfortunately.

To anyone whose had their PDI -
Are the towel bars / toilet paper holders the ugly, cheap ceramic ones and if so can we stop them from being installed so we don't have to rip out the wall with it?

Are the towel bars / toilet paper holders the ugly, cheap ceramic ones and if so can we stop them from being installed so we don't have to rip out the wall with it?

for a building project that was being marketed as contemporary and associated with Fendi, that would be extremely tacky

If it makes you feel any better, what you described was pretty typical with my experience with condo inspections. NXT will be my 2nd condo and they take forever to fix things noted on the PDI. I think because they are scrambling to finish the rest of the building first, so your unit is not priority. Nothing was done by the time I moved in, not even minor things like scratches. Workers were in our place every week when we first moved in, and they never tell you when they are coming. Everything noted at PDI was noted again on the 30 day form (and tons more), so don't worry if you miss anything. The biggest thing was they installed the wrong kitchen countertops - I think it took a couple months to get that rectified; they tried to get me to keep the ones already installed until I said I would only if they would credit me the cost of the ones I paid for. We are going on 2 years at our condo, and some people in our building are still waiting for things to be fixed that were noted on their 1 year Tarion warranty form. You really do have to hound them to get things done, I found that going in person worked better over phone calls. Also you don't sign off on anything until you are satisfied.

Whoa...was this past experience w/ another Cresford property?

There are shiny metallic ones and look nice enough.

Back